the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 05:14 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 05:06 PM
bump bump bump
13-05-2013, 05:14 PM
the God term
(13-05-2013 03:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 02:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I need you to fully define a term you use. Vanity. Just want to be sure we are on the same page.
A difficult term to understand and articulate since in it's base form it is too broad to comprehend accurately. Only as it branches and manifests itself in various forms do we see more clearly.

In the base form vanity is the usurping of that which is God given or God made. Please try to understand that whatever God does is forever, and whatever has been usurped from what He has done is futile. This could be applied as adding something to a painting prepared by God that didn't need adding to, or taking away from a sculpture that God had created perfect and didn't need being taken away from. In that sense, one must first think he or she is better or knows more than God so as to try and improve upon His handiwork. For vanity to exist therefore, one must have no proper esteem of any thing Higher than one's self.

Vanity is taking God given talents, wisdom, knowledge, beauty, power, etc...and becoming enamored with one's self as if one had earned them. It can be seen in the despising of those who appear lesser in beauty and in the praise of those who appear to have beauty over the one's with less. In vanity comes the blindness that begets iniquity, envy, pride,greed, hypocrisy, dishonesty, self-righteousness, lack of pity, lack of mercy, lack of empathy etc... But vanity itself is essentially the taking for granted that which is God. Vanity is therefore the source of all corruption.

Your definition offered here makes no sense when coupled the concept of omnipotence and omniscience.

A being that makes an entire universe knowing precisely the outcome of its creation cannot have any of its creation "usurped" in any way. Any change that is made is exactly as such a creator intended.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
13-05-2013, 05:15 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
13-05-2013, 05:34 PM
(13-05-2013 05:14 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 03:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  A difficult term to understand and articulate since in it's base form it is too broad to comprehend accurately. Only as it branches and manifests itself in various forms do we see more clearly.

In the base form vanity is the usurping of that which is God given or God made. Please try to understand that whatever God does is forever, and whatever has been usurped from what He has done is futile. This could be applied as adding something to a painting prepared by God that didn't need adding to, or taking away from a sculpture that God had created perfect and didn't need being taken away from. In that sense, one must first think he or she is better or knows more than God so as to try and improve upon His handiwork. For vanity to exist therefore, one must have no proper esteem of any thing Higher than one's self.

Vanity is taking God given talents, wisdom, knowledge, beauty, power, etc...and becoming enamored with one's self as if one had earned them. It can be seen in the despising of those who appear lesser in beauty and in the praise of those who appear to have beauty over the one's with less. In vanity comes the blindness that begets iniquity, envy, pride,greed, hypocrisy, dishonesty, self-righteousness, lack of pity, lack of mercy, lack of empathy etc... But vanity itself is essentially the taking for granted that which is God. Vanity is therefore the source of all corruption.

Your definition offered here makes no sense when coupled the concept of omnipotence and omniscience.

A being that makes an entire universe knowing precisely the outcome of its creation cannot have any of its creation "usurped" in any way. Any change that is made is exactly as such a creator intended.
Yes indeed, a paradox of sorts until calculated as a picture within a ptcture or in a completed circle. Consider that God knew that such vanity would exist even because no one can see the Light in the midst of the Light. Hence the children of God are born out of corruption. God simply can make good out of evil even as He can declare Light in the darkness. If you have been following the discourse today you should note that this is the point of understanding what vanity is, and why the Gospel is the perfect plan to destroy such a manifestation. I cannot think of a better way.
13-05-2013, 05:36 PM
(13-05-2013 05:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 05:14 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Your definition offered here makes no sense when coupled the concept of omnipotence and omniscience.

Yes indeed, a paradox of sorts until calculated as a picture within a ptcture or in a completed circle. Consider that God knew that such vanity would exist even because no one can see the Light in the midst of the Light. Hence the children of God are born out of corruption. God simply can make good out of evil even as He can declare Light in the darkness. If you have been following the discourse today you should note that this is the point of understanding what vanity is, and why the Gospel is the perfect plan to destroy such a manifestation. I cannot think of a better way.

You are a very scary person.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
13-05-2013, 05:54 PM
the God term
(13-05-2013 05:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 05:14 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Your definition offered here makes no sense when coupled the concept of omnipotence and omniscience.

Your response suggests you have no clear concept of omnipotence or omniscience. Presupposing god (which I do not) if vanity exists within its creation it is by its will. If any being within it is born out of corruption is by design.

No makey sensey!
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
13-05-2013, 06:23 PM
13-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh I have stayed out of this but now I must comment.

I never met my maternal grandpa but I did my maternal grandma, when she was into dementia and not really pleasant to be around. I did know my paternal grandpa and grandma. I used to stay at their house when my house was empty on the way home from school, they were both colossal assholes. I have no interest in meeting them again.

What an extraordinarily stupid argument childeye. Both your grandpa's were so delightful you want to meet them again, good for you go meet them.

And from someone who has several beloved forebears who descended into dementia in what condition will I meet them. My mother slobbering in a rest home or as a star on her high school basketball team. The latter may cause me a problem because she was quite beautiful in her youth, I may be tempted to incest.
13-05-2013, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 07:02 PM by childeye.)
(13-05-2013 05:54 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 05:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes indeed, a paradox of sorts until calculated as a picture within a ptcture or in a completed circle. Consider that God knew that such vanity would exist even because no one can see the Light in the midst of the Light. Hence the children of God are born out of corruption. God simply can make good out of evil even as He can declare Light in the darkness. If you have been following the discourse today you should note that this is the point of understanding what vanity is, and why the Gospel is the perfect plan to destroy such a manifestation. I cannot think of a better way.

Your response suggests you have no clear concept of omnipotence or omniscience. Presupposing god (which I do not) if vanity exists within its creation it is by its will. If any being within it is born out of corruption is by design.

No makey sensey!
On the contrary, Vanity does happen apart from God's will by definition. The fact that He knew vanity would exist in the creation is Omniscience. The fact He could take Vanity which stole from His Glory and turn it back into His Glory is simply righting the ship. All of it is by design for our edification. At least that's what scripture says as I understand it.