the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: the God term
(13-05-2013 06:45 PM)JAH Wrote:  Oh I have stayed out of this but now I must comment.

I never met my maternal grandpa but I did my maternal grandma, when she was into dementia and not really pleasant to be around. I did know my paternal grandpa and grandma. I used to stay at their house when my house was empty on the way home from school, they were both colossal assholes. I have no interest in meeting them again.

What an extraordinarily stupid argument childeye. Both your grandpa's were so delightful you want to meet them again, good for you go meet them.

And from someone who has several beloved forebears who descended into dementia in what condition will I meet them. My mother slobbering in a rest home or as a star on her high school basketball team. The latter may cause me a problem because she was quite beautiful in her youth, I may be tempted to incest.
Again, we are talking about an afterlife. Which means that everything that was ever corrupted in this world is renewed and made incorruptible. I sometimes take for granted that you guys should know this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(13-05-2013 05:36 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 05:34 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes indeed, a paradox of sorts until calculated as a picture within a ptcture or in a completed circle. Consider that God knew that such vanity would exist even because no one can see the Light in the midst of the Light. Hence the children of God are born out of corruption. God simply can make good out of evil even as He can declare Light in the darkness. If you have been following the discourse today you should note that this is the point of understanding what vanity is, and why the Gospel is the perfect plan to destroy such a manifestation. I cannot think of a better way.

You are a very scary person.
You've got nothing to be afraid of. I'm just saying what is good will not ever die, while everything bad does end.
13-05-2013, 07:07 PM
So childeye, I get to lust after that beautiful person who was my mother in her youth in heaven. I hope I can resist and only concentrate on other women. I would ask as I have elsewhere where is that pool hall with willing women and please do not allow my mother at 19 to be there.
13-05-2013, 07:24 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
13-05-2013, 07:28 PM
(13-05-2013 06:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 06:45 PM)JAH Wrote:  Oh I have stayed out of this but now I must comment.

I never met my maternal grandpa but I did my maternal grandma, when she was into dementia and not really pleasant to be around. I did know my paternal grandpa and grandma. I used to stay at their house when my house was empty on the way home from school, they were both colossal assholes. I have no interest in meeting them again.

What an extraordinarily stupid argument childeye. Both your grandpa's were so delightful you want to meet them again, good for you go meet them.

And from someone who has several beloved forebears who descended into dementia in what condition will I meet them. My mother slobbering in a rest home or as a star on her high school basketball team. The latter may cause me a problem because she was quite beautiful in her youth, I may be tempted to incest.
Again, we are talking about an afterlife. Which means that everything that was ever corrupted in this world is renewed and made incorruptible. I sometimes take for granted that you guys should know this.

There is no evidence for the afterlife. The concept makes no sense.

Death is the result of the lack of energy being supplied to the body. It dies of energy starvation. Thus ruing any mechanism for any one to survive it.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
13-05-2013, 08:15 PM
13-05-2013, 08:19 PM
(13-05-2013 07:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='308033' dateline='1368493073']

Quote:There is no evidence for the afterlife. The concept makes no sense.
It makes just as much sense as the existence of our universe formed from a singularity. We don't know what caused the singularity but we know we are here.
13-05-2013, 08:27 PM
the God term
(13-05-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  We don't know what caused the singularity but we know we are here.

This is possibly the most honest sentence you've written so far. Pity your intention seems to be to use it as a straw man.
13-05-2013, 08:31 PM

-Baron d'Holbach-
13-05-2013, 08:33 PM
(13-05-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 07:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='308033' dateline='1368493073']

Quote:There is no evidence for the afterlife. The concept makes no sense.
It makes just as much sense as the existence of our universe formed from a singularity. We don't know what caused the singularity but we know we are here.

The lack of evidence means we can reject assertions until evidence is provided in it's favor.

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post