the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: the God term
(13-05-2013 09:58 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 09:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  But evidence has been presented. The Gospel and the New Testament is proof. Only what or Who is behind the singularity would be able to predict future events and bring them to come to pass in time.

Accept the entire bible was compiled. The bible is a book of books that human beings decided to lump together. They literally put it together, working on what they could and couldn't agree on. Popular vote brought about the cannon.
I'm not talking about the bible. I'm talking about a single manuscript of Isaiah from around 1300 B.C. that exists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2013, 08:44 AM
(13-05-2013 10:32 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 09:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think you're conflating honest with factual science. I've been honest the entire time I have been here. If I haven't been I would like to know about it.
Not at all. I am not afraid to talk science. The fact that our entire universe and time itself came from a singularity is a most compelling aspect of Monotheism. For it means to us who contemplate that which is God, that God is everyone's God or there is no God. This would indicate a single Truth. Of course everyone has their own subjective views of what that Truth is. Just so you know, the Truth I am talking about here is that which we have not learned but know it is there.

What happened to the bolded words above? You seems to have just skipped past them as though dismissing them. You're offering them as a possibility?
No I didn't skip past them at all. I put them there. Why? Because I must when I contemplate God. I look at the implications of both ways of believing to establish Truth. Therefore I was able to show you all on record, that the atheist does'nt even properly comprehend the term God that is in scripture, much less are they able to believe against it. Atheism is a strawman agrument and that has been proven over and over.
14-05-2013, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 08:48 AM by childeye.)
(13-05-2013 10:32 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 09:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think you're conflating honest with factual science. I've been honest the entire time I have been here. If I haven't been I would like to know about it.
Not at all. I am not afraid to talk science. The fact that our entire universe and time itself came from a singularity is a most compelling aspect of Monotheism. For it means to us who contemplate that which is God, that God is everyone's God or there is no God. This would indicate a single Truth. Of course everyone has their own subjective views of what that Truth is. Just so you know, the Truth I am talking about here is that which we have not learned but know it is there.

What happened to the bolded words above? You seems to have just skipped past them as though dismissing them. You're offering them as a possibility?
No I didn't skip past them at all. I put them there. Why? Because I must when I contemplate God and no God. I look at the implications of both ways of believing to establish Truth. Therefore I was able to show you all on record, that the atheist doesn't even properly comprehend the term God that is in scripture, much less are they able to believe against it. Atheism itself is a strawman agrument.
14-05-2013, 08:47 AM
double post
14-05-2013, 08:59 AM
[quote]
(14-05-2013 12:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  His thoughts, his beliefs against analytical reason.
On the contrary. I have described what is real. I have proven everything I have claimed. Atheism is the straw man argument here. The God of scripture is Love. Love is real and is good, morality is not completely subjective but serves Love. Hypocrisy exists as proof of dishonesty regarding this. I have proven that you make up your owm definition of god and then claim you are speaking about the God of scripture. Moreover you are blind to these facts and know not how misguided and disengenuous your reasoning is..
14-05-2013, 09:06 AM
(14-05-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 10:32 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  What happened to the bolded words above? You seems to have just skipped past them as though dismissing them. You're offering them as a possibility?
Atheism is a strawman agrument and that has been proven over and over.

blah blah blah blah

Please cite some evidence for that. If anything your throwing that term out...is actually your strawman.

We have real and substantial reasons that the bible isn;t true. You don't. WE Have succinctly and accurately, corrected every one of logical fallacies. You have your faith. You have your BELIEF. It is your HOPE that your ideas are correct. You NEED to believe it wasn't all wasted time.

Shoo Fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-05-2013, 09:07 AM
(14-05-2013 08:47 AM)childeye Wrote:  double post

There was three

14-05-2013, 09:09 AM

14-05-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 02:27 PM by fstratzero.)
(14-05-2013 08:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 09:55 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Yes. We are not separate from nature but very much apart of it.
I think you are missing my point. I'm saying a person is more than a bio machine.

I know what you are thinking and trying to say. I reject it.

Atheists don't want what you are selling.

There is nothing wrong accepting the truth that we are "bio machines". It doesn't DEVALUE human life in any way. If anything it brings us closer to the rest of the animal world, and nature itself. I do have cursory knowledge of the anatomy physiology of the human body.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
14-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Isaiah 66:

See, the Lord is coming with fire,
and his chariots are like a whirlwind;
he will bring down his anger with fury,
and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For with fire and with his sword
the Lord will execute judgment on all people,
and many will be those slain by the Lord.

God= Anger

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post