RE: the God term
(14-05-2013 07:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Isaiah 66:

See, the Lord is coming with fire,
and his chariots are like a whirlwind;
he will bring down his anger with fury,
and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For with fire and with his sword
the Lord will execute judgment on all people,
and many will be those slain by the Lord.

God= Anger

C'mon, rev. We all know that this is one of those verses that we can skip over. Get to the hippy jesus stuff. That's all we need to pay attention to.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 10:01 PM by childeye.)
14-05-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 08:27 PM by childeye.)
(14-05-2013 01:02 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 08:30 AM)childeye Wrote:  I think you are missing my point. I'm saying a person is more than a bio machine.

I know what you are thinking and trying to say. I reject it.

Atheists don't want what you are selling.

There is nothing wrong accepting the truth that we are "bio machines". It doesn't DEVALUE human life in any way. If anything it brings us closer to the rest of the animal world, and nature itself. I do have cursory knowledge of the anatomy physiology of the human body.
Of course we are Biological, but we're also Psychological. There are few jobs in the world that would hire you as a bio machine, maybe a soldier, or a guinea pig for experimentation, or an ogran donor. Most people who hire, care what kind of person you are. I'm not selling you anything, I'm just saying what already is.
14-05-2013, 08:26 PM

God= Anger
God is Love. Love sees wickedness destroying the righteous who believe and serve Love. Love gets angry.
14-05-2013, 08:31 PM
(14-05-2013 08:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  

God= Anger
God is Love. Love sees wickedness destroying the righteous who believe and serve Love. Love gets angry.

1st Corinthians 13:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-05-2013, 08:31 PM
(14-05-2013 08:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  

God= Anger

No love forgives. Love teaches. Love does not destroy it's own children. If god is love than it is the love of a serial killer.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-05-2013, 08:48 PM
(14-05-2013 08:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 01:02 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I know what you are thinking and trying to say. I reject it.

Atheists don't want what you are selling.

There is nothing wrong accepting the truth that we are "bio machines". It doesn't DEVALUE human life in any way. If anything it brings us closer to the rest of the animal world, and nature itself. I do have cursory knowledge of the anatomy physiology of the human body.
Of course we are Biological, but we're also Psychological. There are few jobs in the world that would hire you as a bio machine, maybe a soldier, or a guinea pig for experimentation, or an ogran donor. Most people who hire, care what kind of person you are. I'm not selling you anything, I'm just saying what already is.

Again you are acting like human beings, while they are products of nature, a machine of sorts, do not have emotions, needs, or wants. Which isn't the case.

Thus you fail.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-05-2013, 08:53 PM

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-05-2013, 09:08 PM
(14-05-2013 08:31 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 08:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  God is Love. Love sees wickedness destroying the righteous who believe and serve Love. Love gets angry.

1st Corinthians 13:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Yes God is all of these things. It does not say God does not get angry.
14-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp