the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 11:11 AM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 11:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  The Jewish people are the only people in the history of the world, that we are aware of, that are both an ethnicity and a religion.

Sikh

Celts

Greeks

I could keep going but srsly that is an asinine statement made in ignorance.

What's ignorant is that you expected him not to be ignorant.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-04-2013, 11:12 AM
(15-04-2013 11:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sikh

Celts

Greeks

I could keep going but srsly that is an asinine statement made in ignorance.

What's ignorant is that you expected him not to be ignorant.

I expect nothing I simply accept what is there and reject what is not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-04-2013, 11:13 AM
...and so it begins.

/sigh

I had high hopes for you. Oh well.

Anyway... could you layoff the vague, mystical, nebulous language and speak clearly and succinctly?

One time I was given an invaluable piece of advice... if you're trying to get a point across, speak/write as if you're talking to 4th graders; that way, you are without a doubt, clear.

Hiding behind language, twisting words, and using semantics is a cheap and lazy form of debate.

Speak clearly and deliberately. When you do this, I might actually be able to give you answers that you seek.

I'm pretty well versed in "atheistese" as well as "Christianese", so I should be able to help both sides.

Proceed, sir.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 11:14 AM
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:24 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I'd also need you to define your god. Finally, I'd need you to explain why the proof and evidence of other religions is not acceptable, but yours is.

This Christ would be known because he would be rejected by his own people and yet believed upon by much of the rest of the world.

He was rejected by his own people because he didn't do anything the (real) prophesy detailed. You have no clue how many people made the same claim to be the messiah? Many...hell there's a dude at the market who claims to be the messiah too...

Just because some crazy person (Saul of tarsus), claimed to see visions...

For the record the Jewish people believe you (and those of your ilk) are guilty of idolatry.

shoo fly

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-04-2013, 11:21 AM
(15-04-2013 11:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Tao is the essence of motion.
God is the essence of creation.

Thus, there is no reason for dogma. For we all create, upon the canvas of reality. We call that, "what is."
Huh, Tao is the essence of motion. Interesting. Is this a moral\immoral\amoral term? Of course what is, is. That is what I would call Truth. What is, pertaining to human conduct is not always rational nor is sanity the same as insanity.
15-04-2013, 11:22 AM
(15-04-2013 11:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
For the record
shoo fly

For the record, every time I see Mom' write "shoo fly" I think of ...

[Image: SeanConnery.jpg]

saying ...

[Image: souffle1.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-04-2013, 11:22 AM
(15-04-2013 11:04 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't. I'm sure you have a lovely definition tho.

Shoo fly
What is hard to understand for me is how an atheist cannot believe in what they cannot define. Just as I can't say I believe or don't believe in something if I don't know what it is.

Your definition stems from your indoctrination. Nothing more or less.

Shoo fly.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2013, 11:24 AM
(15-04-2013 11:21 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Tao is the essence of motion.
God is the essence of creation.

Thus, there is no reason for dogma. For we all create, upon the canvas of reality. We call that, "what is."
Huh, Tao is the essence of motion. Interesting. Is this a moral\immoral\amoral term? Of course what is, is. That is what I would call Truth. What is, pertaining to human conduct is not always rational nor is sanity the same as insanity.

So you hold that morality is absolute? Can you name me a moral law that has no exception or qualifier?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-04-2013, 11:24 AM
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  I define thee God as a moral absolute as in the Eternal Spirit of Love.

I do not believe in moral absolutes. I do not see any examples of absolute morality in the universe. Things happen (good and bad, relative to HUMAN'S point of view) without any apparent moral consideration behind them. I have yet to see a theist adequately explain sexual abuse, the suffering of children, genetic diseases, SIDs, cancer, why the sun is harmful to us, etc. I have seen many theists try.

(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  The reason I am a Christian is because I believe Jesus is the true Image of that Love seen in a man. No other images of god known to manklind carry the same testimony of the Christ. You seek proof. That is easy to provide. The Jewish people are the only people in the history of the world, that we are aware of, that are both an ethnicity and a religion. They say they exist and were created as such for one purpose. To bring forth the One True Image of God to mankind. This Christ would be known because he would be rejected by his own people and yet believed upon by much of the rest of the world. These events, are in all honesty a foregone matter.

Where do you get your information about Christ from?

(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  But the reason I believe in the Christ has more to do with what he did and said. I find the Truth he spoke as agreeing with that which I know about Love. No other religious belief in the world can claim the same roots, nor do they have the testimony of the Christ.

Where do you get your testimony of the Christ from? From what source did you learn about what he did and said?

I've found the writings of the prophet Mohammed and Buddha to be much more captivating than the supposed words of Christ, which are contradictory and hearsay at best.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
15-04-2013, 11:32 AM
(15-04-2013 11:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  This Christ would be known because he would be rejected by his own people and yet believed upon by much of the rest of the world.

He was rejected by his own people because he didn't do anything the (real) prophesy detailed.
Actually, he was charged with blaspheme.
Quote:You have no clue how many people made the same claim to be the messiah? Many...hell there's a dude at the market who claims to be the messiah too...
I lnow there are many who make claims to being a messiah. None of them have died on a cross and in doing so become a light to the world. Pardon my saying, but why do you say shoo fly? Have I said something personally offensive?