the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: the God term
(16-04-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, the goal posts are being moved by this person, each time their argument is refuted in any way (like when they said there was no empathy before monotheism). It's pathetic, disingenuous and weak of them. But whatever....
But that is not entirely what I said. I said if God is empathy as I claim then empathy could not have come before monotheism nor visa versa. For that would be a false dichotomy. How is it disingenuous to say that if God is thee God, then he has always been God? Obviously your belief of no gods or God precluded you from even considering the common sense in such a statement.

But that is not common sense. Empathy came before and comes without monotheism.

Unless you think no Hindu has empathy, or no one in ancient Greece had empathy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm beginning to think this thread is just some elaborate troll.
Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 07:28 PM
(16-04-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, the goal posts are being moved by this person, each time their argument is refuted in anyway. It's pathetic, disingenuous and weak of them. But whatever....

It took some time but when I did actually get an honest answer out of him, he basically said it's presupposition. Since then he has attempted to walk that back but thats nothing new.
I haven't walked that back. I said there is proof of God here in the temporal seen as the morallity in mankind, even though the absolute of God as in "Creator\energy that began life" is always a presupposition. It is not possible for the created to see the Creator making it, since the creation wouldn't exist yet. Is this that hard to understand?
16-04-2013, 07:36 PM
(16-04-2013 07:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  But that is not entirely what I said. I said if God is empathy as I claim then empathy could not have come before monotheism nor visa versa. For that would be a false dichotomy. How is it disingenuous to say that if God is thee God, then he has always been God? Obviously your belief of no gods or God precluded you from even considering the common sense in such a statement.

But that is not common sense. Empathy came before and comes without monotheism.

Unless you think no Hindu has empathy, or no one in ancient Greece had empathy.
Try to picture this. "IF" God is the "ONE" True Creator "AND IF" He is empathy, then monotheism is not an invention of man, nor is Love. He therefore would be the Love in all men including Hindus, Greeks, Eskimos, Japanese, Muslims, etc...
16-04-2013, 07:39 PM
(16-04-2013 06:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 05:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I didn't.

You were the one who said pi is eternal.

I think we have yet another example of someone who has come here to address us all as one homogeneous atheist.

I mentioned Pi therefore we all mentioned Pi.

This pi-eyed-child won't be around much longer.
Yes it is true you first mentioned pi. I never said you all mentioned pi. I was refering to someone else who cited what you said.
16-04-2013, 07:45 PM
(16-04-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, the goal posts are being moved by this person, each time their argument is refuted in any way (like when they said there was no empathy before monotheism). It's pathetic, disingenuous and weak of them. But whatever....
But that is not entirely what I said. I said if God is empathy as I claim then empathy could not have come before monotheism nor visa versa. For that would be a false dichotomy. How is it disingenuous to say that if God is thee God, then he has always been God? Obviously your belief of no gods or God precluded you from even considering the common sense in such a statement.

So the prehistoric cave dwellers didn't have empathy? What about polytheistic society? They had no concept of empathy? Ancient Chinese? What about the Egyptians? No clue about that? None of these people had a clue about empathy. You do understsnd there were many, many gods before...the one people like you claim to have a personal relationship with.

Shoo fly...seriously shoo

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-04-2013, 07:48 PM
(16-04-2013 07:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I think we have yet another example of someone who has come here to address us all as one homogeneous atheist.

I mentioned Pi therefore we all mentioned Pi.

This pi-eyed-child won't be around much longer.
Yes it is true you first mentioned pi. I never said you all mentioned pi. I was refering to someone else who cited what you said.

You seem to have a reading comprehension deficit or a cognitive disorder.

You will note, if you read very slowly and carefully, that I did not mention pi either first or before you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 08:22 PM by childeye.)
(16-04-2013 06:46 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  Where has it been proven by anyone here that Love is not God?

It's your theory. You have to prove it, not challenge others to disprove it. So far, the proof you've provided seems to be your own ideas and personal experiences, and seems to require faith in god. If you feel that's adequate, then you've made your argument as best you can.
I never asked someone to disprove my so called theory.
It was asserted that my so called theory of God is Love has already been blown out of the water. I responded by asking them to show where this has happened which is why I said, "Where has it been proven by anyone here that Love is not God?"
Now you seem to be asking me to disprove someone elses claim?

I gave the testimony of my conscious wherein my spirit was changed within me by the voice of empathy. I spoke of how it revealed my hypocrisy. I asked whether any of you experienced the same. I recall one person spoke briefly of a conscience, without elaborating or explaining whether this happens to them or not. Nor did they follow up when I mentioned that I don't see how I would have corrected myself without empathy.

You all seem afraid to confront the issue. Is God Love? Can men simply will to be good and they will be? Someone mentioned a sociopath and asked me why this type of person does not appear to have empathy. I said I don't know. But they found this reason enough to question my so called theory, even though a sociopath is proof that a man cannot will to have empathy.
16-04-2013, 08:21 PM
(16-04-2013 07:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 07:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes it is true you first mentioned pi. I never said you all mentioned pi. I was refering to someone else who cited what you said.

You seem to have a reading comprehension deficit or a cognitive disorder.

You will note, if you read very slowly and carefully, that I did not mention pi either first or before you.
Of course you didn't. You were remarking about what began between DLJ and myself where pi was first mentioned.
16-04-2013, 08:27 PM
(16-04-2013 07:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 07:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  But that is not entirely what I said. I said if God is empathy as I claim then empathy could not have come before monotheism nor visa versa. For that would be a false dichotomy. How is it disingenuous to say that if God is thee God, then he has always been God? Obviously your belief of no gods or God precluded you from even considering the common sense in such a statement.

So the prehistoric cave dwellers didn't have empathy? What about polytheistic society? They had no concept of empathy? Ancient Chinese? What about the Egyptians? No clue about that? None of these people had a clue about empathy. You do understsnd there were many, many gods before...the one people like you claim to have a personal relationship with.
I understand that is how you see it. Apparrantly you don't understand how I see it. To me, there has always been one God, so monotheism existed before the fall of man.