the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: the God term
(17-04-2013 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 05:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  This is not cynicism? You'd have us all have happy lovey taint tickle time and learn to just trust our feelings. How cute. I'd rather be deluded that God\Love is trustworthy, rather than be deluded that everything has no reason. I look at the two spirits and they are as different as night and day, death and Life.

No, it's the difference between reality and fantasy. You are deluded.
I'd trade my fantasy for your reality anyday.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 06:27 PM
(17-04-2013 06:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's the difference between reality and fantasy. You are deluded.

It's not my reality. It's just reality. Your fantasy is dangerous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-04-2013, 06:34 PM
(17-04-2013 06:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:02 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Oh yes, those evil Christian and Jewish biblical archaeologists who spend their entire lives pretending to look for evidence of a nation of Israel pre-dating 600 BC and evidence that two million Jews were enslaved in Egypt and escaped with the help of a magical man and a series of plagues, and that they then went and invaded Canaan and killed everyone within its borders.... All these Christian and Jewish scholars and archaeologists, have decided to instead say that there's no evidence of ANY of it, because of " " " " " " political reasons " " " " " "

Sure. Drinking Beverage
No, political reasons concerning Isareli claim to the land of Israel.

You mean claims to the land of Israel which would be strengthened by evidence of a nation of Israel existing prior to 600 BC and the book of Exodus having a passing relationship with truth? The claims to the land of Israel supported by the vast majority of the US government and a large chunk of biblical scholars, and presumably also Jewish archaeologists IN ISRAEL seeking to legitimize this claim through archaeology? The same Jewish archaeologists, in Israel, who admit that no evidence exists of Exodus actually happening?

Here's how you make a link. Go to the website. Highlight the text in the address bar. Hit "ctrl+c" on your keyboard. Make a post in this thread. Hit "ctrl+v". Hit submit.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-04-2013, 06:35 PM
(17-04-2013 06:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's the difference between reality and fantasy. You are deluded.

As most of us learn as children, wishing doesn't make it so. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
17-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
(17-04-2013 05:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh wow and there it is -- looks like someone rustled your jimmies.
I don't know what Jimmies are.

[quote] You know nothing about my life. And I totally do believe in unfailing or unconditional love.
Well then why do you not see that Love on the cross of Jesus? I do.
Quote: I've got all around me -- and without a god.
What are you saying, that your unconditional Love evolved by accident??

Quote: I have no issue with showing my feelings with people who matter to me.
For those who know unconditional Love, all people matter.

Quote: I do not need to share my feelings with random person on the Internet trying to tell me about on an atheist forum what they believe god is.
Well this is what I mean. You claim you don't need to share your feelings while you shoo fly which is showing your feelings. Moreover an unconditional Love doesn't treat other people in such a condescending manner.

Quote:Also, instead of telling people to just google "proof of exodus" you might just post a link...

It's what helpful people do.
I don't know how to post a link. I've never done it before.

Quote:Shoo fly
You don't have unconditional Love, nor do you care if you hurt me by calling me a fly.
17-04-2013, 06:46 PM
(17-04-2013 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'd trade my fantasy for your reality anyday.

It's not my reality. It's just reality. Your fantasy is dangerous.
No it's your take on reality. How is staying true to Love dangerous?
17-04-2013, 06:48 PM
(17-04-2013 06:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:24 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'd trade my fantasy for your reality anyday.

As most of us learn as children, wishing doesn't make it so. Drinking Beverage
So that's what happened to you?
17-04-2013, 07:01 PM
(17-04-2013 06:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  As most of us learn as children, wishing doesn't make it so. Drinking Beverage
So that's what happened to you?

Yes, right after my parents revealed to me that when I was six, Santa Claus raped me with a copy of Thus Spake Zarathustra while Richard Dawkins made love to to a blow-up doll of Jerry Seinfeld on my bed.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
17-04-2013, 07:07 PM
(17-04-2013 06:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote: You know nothing about my life. And I totally do believe in unfailing or unconditional love.
Well then why do you not see that Love on the cross of Jesus? I do.

Well lets start with this. I had a post about this that you ignored earlier but here are the facts (as best as we can recreate) There was no Jesus. Now there may have been a historical rabbi and zealot that some of the early stories are based on. Yeshua ben Joseph seems like the most likely candidate. He was not killed by "the Jews" as you keep claiming he was executed by Rome as a rebel to the empire. If "the Jews" would have been the group to kill him then he would have been stoned. He was not stoned he was crucified a manner of execution reserved for the crime of sedition against the empire. In fact Yeshua was a jew and rabidly anti-Roman, the pro Roman rhetoric was added much much later mostly by Paul of Tarsus.

Quote: I've got all around me -- and without a god.
What are you saying, that your unconditional Love evolved by accident??

You truly do not understand evolution. But so you can understand the point, Yes, Love is a result of evolution not some fanciful construct that serves no purpose but to make you feel better about yourself. I know you won't bother to respond to this but maybe at least you will read it. The Universe works perfectly well without God tides come in tides go out no intervention necessary. We have (as a species) managed to work out the history of the universe to the moment of the Big Bang up until the present and at no time was there a point where intervention by an unknown supernatural being was required for us to be where we are now. You act as if we are the ones with the problem. That because we don't have an imaginary friend we have no happiness joy or wonder. We are not created from mud dirt or a drop of blood we are Stardust. Jesus didn't die for us but many many Stars did and for my money that is a better and far more noble thing than your pathetic bronze age fairy tales.

Remember Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-04-2013, 07:19 PM
(17-04-2013 03:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I did not say you were talking about "romance". That fact that you have no clue about what I said proves your ignorance of history.

Yes I obviously did not have a clue what you were talking about and I am not educated on the "Romantic ideal". My apologies.

Quote: I also have seen a lot of people die. The fact that love is important to people in no way says anything about the god(s). It's important because it's imporrtant. That's all you can say about it.
Yes I say it is most important. Pardon my misunderstanding you. You seemed to be saying it didn't become important till the early middle ages. But if God is Love, then He is important.

Quote: You have no proof of anything else. Just your unsupported assertions. There is no "single truth".
Well, above I thought we had agreed that Love is important. Is that not True for all men whether they know it or not?

Quote: Everyone thinks they have it, including you. There are 30,000 sects of you people, and you all assert the same thing. All religious people for thousands of years have ALL said they hac=ve THE truth, and they were all wrong. Including you.
Take it easy Bucky ball. All I said is Love rules and you start talking like I claimed something that only I could possibly know.

You claimed a human emotion was a deity. Don't try to weasle out of it now. "Love rules" does not mean it's a god. It's just what it is.
BTW, the Exodus did not happen the way they said. No archaeologist disputes that in 2013. So I see you are also ignorant of the Bible.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post