the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 07:51 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
the God term
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  I did come to broaden my horizons in that I sought to know and understand why an atheist does not believe in God.

Very well then, Childeye. I'd very much like to know your thoughts on this now. The thread has grown a bit since you started it. Do you feel prepared to tell us what you have learned about atheism and atheists? Do you feel your horizons have been broadened?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
17-04-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: the God term
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  ...
Quote:Atheism is not a religion nor could it ever be considered one. We don't sit around worshipping a nonentity. We don't praise it...we are without theism. And please don't try to argue that because we all gather on a forum makes it somehow a religion. Unless you plan on arguing that the thousands of forums dedicated to child rearing, movies and star trek are religions as well.
I beg to differ. I would dare say you worship the god of no gods. This is your faith and it rules over you because all of your reasoning is based upon it.

The evidence demonstrates otherwise.

Atheism is the 'output' of reason not the 'input' to it.

Bowing

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Do we have another ranting nut on the forums now ? Oh FUN !!!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
17-04-2013, 07:57 PM
I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-04-2013, 08:20 PM
(17-04-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".

Anytime his jimmies get rustled, he feigns ignorance. He said he doesn't understsnd how to copy and paste.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-04-2013, 08:34 PM
(17-04-2013 06:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote:
(17-04-2013 05:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh wow and there it is -- looks like someone rustled your jimmies.
I don't know what Jimmies are.

[quote] You know nothing about my life. And I totally do believe in unfailing or unconditional love.
Well then why do you not see that Love on the cross of Jesus? I do.
Quote: I've got all around me -- and without a god.
What are you saying, that your unconditional Love evolved by accident??

Quote: I have no issue with showing my feelings with people who matter to me.
For those who know unconditional Love, all people matter.

Quote: I do not need to share my feelings with random person on the Internet trying to tell me about on an atheist forum what they believe god is.
Well this is what I mean. You claim you don't need to share your feelings while you shoo fly which is showing your feelings. Moreover an unconditional Love doesn't treat other people in such a condescending manner.

Quote:Also, instead of telling people to just google "proof of exodus" you might just post a link...

It's what helpful people do.
I don't know how to post a link. I've never done it before.

Quote:Shoo fly
You don't have unconditional Love, nor do you care if you hurt me by calling me a fly.

All that blathering of yours means that while I do believe in unconditinal love, I do not have to love everyone. I do not love you -- I don't know you.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-04-2013, 08:55 PM
(17-04-2013 07:01 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  So that's what happened to you?

Yes, right after my parents revealed to me that when I was six, Santa Claus raped me with a copy of Thus Spake Zarathustra while Richard Dawkins made love to to a blow-up doll of Jerry Seinfeld on my bed.
If you're joking, that's morbid, if you're not joking, that's morbid.
17-04-2013, 08:57 PM
(17-04-2013 08:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 06:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  I don't know what Jimmies are.

Well then why do you not see that Love on the cross of Jesus? I do. What are you saying, that your unconditional Love evolved by accident??

For those who know unconditional Love, all people matter.

Well this is what I mean. You claim you don't need to share your feelings while you shoo fly which is showing your feelings. Moreover an unconditional Love doesn't treat other people in such a condescending manner.

I don't know how to post a link. I've never done it before.

You don't have unconditional Love, nor do you care if you hurt me by calling me a fly.

All that blathering of yours means that while I do believe in unconditinal love, I do not have to love everyone. I do not love you -- I don't know you.

Shoo fly
I don't know you, but I still Love you.
17-04-2013, 08:58 PM
(17-04-2013 08:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".

Anytime his jimmies get rustled, he feigns ignorance. He said he doesn't understsnd how to copy and paste.
What is a Jiimmie?
17-04-2013, 09:01 PM
(17-04-2013 07:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  ...
I beg to differ. I would dare say you worship the god of no gods. This is your faith and it rules over you because all of your reasoning is based upon it.

The evidence demonstrates otherwise.

Atheism is the 'output' of reason not the 'input' to it.

Bowing
There is no reason for life according to an atheist, so there can be no reason for reason.