the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: the God term
(17-04-2013 08:58 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Anytime his jimmies get rustled, he feigns ignorance. He said he doesn't understsnd how to copy and paste.
What is a Jiimmie?

It's what Santa used to make Phaedrus an unbeliever.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
17-04-2013, 09:04 PM
(17-04-2013 08:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  I don't know you, but I still Love you.

Then you devalue it, and it essentially means nothing to you.
If you love everyone, it's nothing special.
It's thus meaningless.
So much for this thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-04-2013, 09:04 PM
(17-04-2013 09:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The evidence demonstrates otherwise.

Atheism is the 'output' of reason not the 'input' to it.

Bowing
There is no reason for life according to an atheist, so there can be no reason for reason.

No reason for life does not equal no reason for living.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-04-2013, 09:12 PM
(17-04-2013 09:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The evidence demonstrates otherwise.

Atheism is the 'output' of reason not the 'input' to it.

Bowing
There is no reason for life according to an atheist, so there can be no reason for reason.

FFS just because you need a deity to give your life purpose. It doesn't mean everyone else does. That's just as bad as when slavery was law and people believed that the slaves didn't care about their families so it was ok to separate them.

These are the lies you tell yourself.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-04-2013, 09:25 PM
(17-04-2013 08:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All that blathering of yours means that while I do believe in unconditinal love, I do not have to love everyone. I do not love you -- I don't know you.

Shoo fly
I don't know you, but I still Love you.

You have no idea how sad that makes me.

Shoo fly

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-04-2013, 09:27 PM
(17-04-2013 07:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  I did come to broaden my horizons in that I sought to know and understand why an atheist does not believe in God.

Very well then, Childeye. I'd very much like to know your thoughts on this now. The thread has grown a bit since you started it. Do you feel prepared to tell us what you have learned about atheism and atheists? Do you feel your horizons have been broadened?
Hi Cardinal smurf. So far, I've spent three full days on this site evey moment I can spare. I have enjoyed the back and forth immensely. I have spoken my heart and soul and have learned I'm a Poe, whatever that is. I've been accused of trolling, whatever that is. I'm dishonest, full of shit, likened to a fly, of dubious motives, I feign ignorance for the purpose of guile, I'm deluded, I'm living in a fantasy, I don't know what God means, eternal means, empathy means, pi means, I don't know history, mathematics, have a problem with the English language, make up my own definitions, use wordplay, have a cognizant disorder, I love taint tickle time feely goody, am selling a theory nobody wants and I'm either too dumb or a know it all depending on who I talk to. So yeah, my horizons have been broadened greatly. Thanks for asking.
17-04-2013, 09:35 PM
(17-04-2013 09:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Very well then, Childeye. I'd very much like to know your thoughts on this now. The thread has grown a bit since you started it. Do you feel prepared to tell us what you have learned about atheism and atheists? Do you feel your horizons have been broadened?
Hi Cardinal smurf. So far, I've spent three full days on this site evey moment I can spare. I have enjoyed the back and forth immensely. I have spoken my heart and soul and have learned I'm a Poe, whatever that is. I've been accused of trolling, whatever that is. I'm dishonest, full of shit, likened to a fly, of dubious motives, I feign ignorance for the purpose of guile, I'm deluded, I'm living in a fantasy, I don't know what God means, eternal means, empathy means, pi means, I don't know history, mathematics, have a problem with the English language, make up my own definitions, use wordplay, have a cognizant disorder, I love taint tickle time feely goody, am selling a theory nobody wants and I'm either too dumb or a know it all depending on who I talk to. So yeah, my horizons have been broadened greatly. Thanks for asking.

well, I do seem to remember in one of my earlier posts saying that you didn't know what kind of gauntlet you had walked into. I tried to warn you. Cruise around the threads a bit. This place isn't so bad. Thumbsup

~ Umberto Eco
17-04-2013, 09:40 PM
(17-04-2013 09:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  Hi Cardinal smurf. So far, I've spent three full days on this site evey moment I can spare. I have enjoyed the back and forth immensely. I have spoken my heart and soul and have learned I'm a Poe, whatever that is. I've been accused of trolling, whatever that is. I'm dishonest, full of shit, likened to a fly, of dubious motives, I feign ignorance for the purpose of guile, I'm deluded, I'm living in a fantasy, I don't know what God means, eternal means, empathy means, pi means, I don't know history, mathematics, have a problem with the English language, make up my own definitions, use wordplay, have a cognizant disorder, I love taint tickle time feely goody, am selling a theory nobody wants and I'm either too dumb or a know it all depending on who I talk to. So yeah, my horizons have been broadened greatly. Thanks for asking.

well, I do seem to remember in one of my earlier posts saying that you didn't know what kind of gauntlet you had walked into. I tried to warn you. Cruise around the threads a bit. This place isn't so bad. Thumbsup

Wait til we get to know him and take the kid gloves off.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-04-2013, 09:41 PM
(17-04-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".
Okay, I tried to find the show I had seen on tv. I did find several websites debunking the show. I have to admit, the debunkers were convincing. However, I continued searching for evidence and I found this one website quite compelling. Google this: Archeology & Exodus from Egypt - Ohr Somayach. Near the bottom of the page is a link to information about a certain payprus found in Egypt. Click on it.
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
17-04-2013, 09:46 PM
(17-04-2013 09:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  Hi Cardinal smurf. So far, I've spent three full days on this site evey moment I can spare. I have enjoyed the back and forth immensely. I have spoken my heart and soul and have learned I'm a Poe, whatever that is. I've been accused of trolling, whatever that is. I'm dishonest, full of shit, likened to a fly, of dubious motives, I feign ignorance for the purpose of guile, I'm deluded, I'm living in a fantasy, I don't know what God means, eternal means, empathy means, pi means, I don't know history, mathematics, have a problem with the English language, make up my own definitions, use wordplay, have a cognizant disorder, I love taint tickle time feely goody, am selling a theory nobody wants and I'm either too dumb or a know it all depending on who I talk to. So yeah, my horizons have been broadened greatly. Thanks for asking.

He's not interested in the least learning about us.