the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: the God term
(17-04-2013 09:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  well, I do seem to remember in one of my earlier posts saying that you didn't know what kind of gauntlet you had walked into. I tried to warn you. Cruise around the threads a bit. This place isn't so bad. Thumbsup

Wait til we get to know him and take the kid gloves off.
Now wait a minute. I don't want you to spare me the rough stuff. I'm a Christian, I live to suffer and be persecuted for the sake of the Gospel. I need you to be cruel to me so that when I pray for you all, my prayer has power.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 09:48 PM
(17-04-2013 09:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".
Okay, I tried to find the show I had seen on tv. I did find several websites debunking the show. I have to admit, the debunkers were convincing. However, I continued searching for evidence and I found this one website quite compelling. Google this: Archeology & Exodus from Egypt - Ohr Somayach. Near the bottom of the page is a link to information about a certain payprus found in Egypt. Click on it.

Watch it. Sounds like you're starting to think and shit and look for evidence. Only reason can stem that. Dangerous ground to tread for a believer.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-04-2013, 09:50 PM
(17-04-2013 09:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I find it interesting to note that ManChild has not responded with links demonstrating actual artifacts and writings demonstrating that Exodus is true, and he has also not responded to my demolition of his supposed "motive" for "covering up" these "facts".
Okay, I tried to find the show I had seen on tv. I did find several websites debunking the show. I have to admit, the debunkers were convincing. However, I continued searching for evidence and I found this one website quite compelling. Google this: Archeology & Exodus from Egypt - Ohr Somayach. Near the bottom of the page is a link to information about a certain payprus found in Egypt. Click on it.

Ok I'll be nice and explain how to hyperlink. Copy the url of the page you want to link and then click the 6th button from the right (It looks like a globe over a chain) above the text entry part of the response page. Paste the url in then hit ok a new box will pop up asking if you want to add text to the link This is an example of added text it will do all the coding for you.

As to the website you found please link it in the manner I described above and we will be glad to discuss the merits of it (if there are any)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-04-2013, 09:50 PM
There is a "stele" called the Mernepteh Stele that documents some sort of event. It in no way proves that the Exodus happened the way the made it up. In fact they know that there were settlements of Semites already in Canaan by the supoosed date of the Exodus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-04-2013, 09:51 PM
(17-04-2013 09:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  well, I do seem to remember in one of my earlier posts saying that you didn't know what kind of gauntlet you had walked into. I tried to warn you. Cruise around the threads a bit. This place isn't so bad. Thumbsup

He's not interested in the least learning about us.
Not true at all. I really do Love everyone I've met here, Honestly. Please, I want to know how you came to such unbelief.
17-04-2013, 09:57 PM
(17-04-2013 09:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  I don't know you, but I still Love you.

Then you devalue it, and it essentially means nothing to you.
If you love everyone, it's nothing special.
It's thus meaningless.
So much for this thread.
Say what? Love is all there is. It is Eternal I tell you. It never is devalued, it only grows. Man, you don't know what you're missing.
17-04-2013, 10:05 PM
(17-04-2013 09:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, I tried to find the show I had seen on tv. I did find several websites debunking the show. I have to admit, the debunkers were convincing. However, I continued searching for evidence and I found this one website quite compelling. Google this: Archeology & Exodus from Egypt - Ohr Somayach. Near the bottom of the page is a link to information about a certain payprus found in Egypt. Click on it.

Ok I'll be nice and explain how to hyperlink. Copy the url of the page you want to link and then click the 6th button from the right (It looks like a globe over a chain) above the text entry part of the response page. Paste the url in then hit ok a new box will pop up asking if you want to add text to the link This is an example of added text it will do all the coding for you.

As to the website you found please link it in the manner I described above and we will be glad to discuss the merits of it (if there are any)
evidence of exodus
17-04-2013, 10:05 PM
(17-04-2013 09:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He's not interested in the least learning about us.
Not true at all. I really do Love everyone I've met here, Honestly. Please, I want to know how you came to such unbelief.

When my children were small, they wanted Christmas every day. I explained to them if it was celebrated daily it wouldn't have any meaning, it would just be another day. Sure we'd have a tree, decorations...but all that would become normal...

It wouldn't have any meaning or value. Santa wouldn't matter...none of it would.

When you talk about loving me or anyone else you don't know..you reduce everyone in your life to ordinary and none of them truly matter to you. Love hasn't any real meaning for you and that does make me sad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-04-2013, 10:16 PM
(17-04-2013 10:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  Not true at all. I really do Love everyone I've met here, Honestly. Please, I want to know how you came to such unbelief.

When my children were small, they wanted Christmas every day. I explained to them if it was celebrated daily it wouldn't have any meaning, it would just be another day. Sure we'd have a tree, decorations...but all that would become normal...

It wouldn't have any meaning or value. Santa wouldn't matter...none of it would.

When you talk about loving me or anyone else you don't know..you reduce everyone in your life to ordinary and none of them truly matter to you. Love hasn't any real meaning for you and that does make me sad.
Love is not like Santa. It's every moment of everyday for me. It is infinitely bigger than myself. Though this is impossible to prove, I ascertain it by faith. Here are the choices in my moral reasoning, they are two opposite directions on a straight line away or towards God. I either sacrifice myself to save others or sacrifice others to save myself. We all will make this choice somewhere in our lives.
17-04-2013, 10:20 PM
(17-04-2013 10:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok I'll be nice and explain how to hyperlink. Copy the url of the page you want to link and then click the 6th button from the right (It looks like a globe over a chain) above the text entry part of the response page. Paste the url in then hit ok a new box will pop up asking if you want to add text to the link This is an example of added text it will do all the coding for you.

evidence of exodus

Well thanks for the link. Here is a bit on the wiki page for this document.

Parallels with the Book of Exodus

Some have interpreted the document as an Egyptian account of the Plagues of Egypt and the Exodus in the Old Testament of the Bible, and it is often cited as proof for the Biblical account by various religious organisations.[24]
The association of the Ipuwer Papyrus with the Exodus as describing the same event is generally rejected by Egyptologists.[25] Roland Enmarch, author of a new translation of the papyrus, notes: "The broadest modern reception of Ipuwer amongst non-Egyptological readers has probably been as a result of the use of the poem as evidence supporting the Biblical account of the Exodus."[26] While Enmarch himself rejects synchronizing the texts of the Ipuwer Papyrus and The Book of Exodus on grounds of historicity, in The reception of a Middle Egyptian poem: The Dialogue of Ipuwer.. he acknowledges that there are some textual parallels "particularly the striking statement that ‘the river is blood and one drinks from it’ (Ipuwer 2.10), and the frequent references to servants abandoning their subordinate status (e.g. Ipuwer 3.14–4.1; 6.7–8; 10.2–3). On a literal reading, these are similar to aspects of the Exodus account."[27] Commenting on such attempts to draw parallels, he writes that "all these approaches read Ipuwer hyper-literally and selectively" and points out that there are also conflicts between Ipuwer and the Biblical account, such as Ipuwer's lamentation of an Asiatic (Semitic) invasion rather than a mass departure.[26] He suggests that "it is more likely that Ipuwer is not a piece of historical reportage and that historicising interpretations of it fail to account for the ahistorical, schematic literary nature of some of the poem’s laments," but other Egyptologists disagree (see Genre section above). Examining what Enmarch calls "the most extensively posited parallel", the river becoming blood, he notes that it should not be taken "absolutely literally" as a description of an event but that both Ipuwer and Exodus might be metaphorically describing what happens at times of catastrophic Nile floods when the river is carrying large quantities of red earth, mentioning that Kitchen has also discussed this phenomenon.

Full wiki page is here. So basically the only way this is "proof" of Exodus is if you cherry pick the document and then reverse at least 1 major theme so on scholastic merit no it does not prove your case.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense