the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 10:03 AM)childeye Wrote:  It's just that other atheists here have said there is no reason (noun) for Life. Hence I must be at falut assuming you felt the same way.

Name 2.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 10:09 AM
(18-04-2013 12:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 09:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  Say what? Love is all there is. It is Eternal I tell you. It never is devalued, it only grows. Man, you don't know what you're missing.

Meaningless drivel. I never said I did not value love. You said you love those you don't know. That means loving those you DO know is nothing special.
Have you ever considered taking a class in Logic ? You can't even say what is meant by "eternal". This is like arguing with a rock. Weeping

How dare you insult my beautiful rocks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: stromatolite.jpg]

He didn't mean it....I swear. You are beautiful and contain precious amounts of knowledge.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-04-2013, 10:51 AM
(18-04-2013 10:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 12:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Meaningless drivel. I never said I did not value love. You said you love those you don't know. That means loving those you DO know is nothing special.
Have you ever considered taking a class in Logic ? You can't even say what is meant by "eternal". This is like arguing with a rock. Weeping

How dare you insult my beautiful rocks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't mean it....I swear. You are beautiful and contain precious amounts of knowledge.

But you can't reason with a rock.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-04-2013, 10:55 AM
(18-04-2013 10:03 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 10:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Reason (verb) is a process.

It does need a reason (noun).

Smartass
Oh , I agree with you. It's just that other atheists here have said there is no reason (noun) for Life. Hence I must be at falut assuming you felt the same way.

Yeah, OK, right. Now I am convinced you are just pretending to be dense.

I got better ways to spend my time.

See ya.

18-04-2013, 10:59 AM
(18-04-2013 10:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:03 AM)childeye Wrote:  Oh , I agree with you. It's just that other atheists here have said there is no reason (noun) for Life. Hence I must be at falut assuming you felt the same way.

Yeah, OK, right. Now I am convinced you are just pretending to be dense.

I got better ways to spend my time.

See ya.

I'm considering just placing them on ignore but right now I'm mentally debating if they're actually worth the extra mouse clicks.

I'm thinking not.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-04-2013, 11:02 AM
(18-04-2013 10:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How dare you insult my beautiful rocks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you can't reason with a rock.

Incorrect. I find rocks to be most agreeable.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
18-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I stopped reading when the thread went from 1 page to 32 in the same time frame as when I went to sleep that night.
From the last several posts I'm assuming I'm not missing much by not reading it, and I was right in my assessment of this fellow.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-04-2013, 11:04 AM
FYI. The rock I gave a picture of is a stromatolite. They are the sediment mounds from cyanobacterial mats on the shallow seafloor. Some of the earliest known fossils!

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-04-2013, 11:05 AM
(18-04-2013 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But you can't reason with a rock.

Incorrect. I find rocks to be most agreeable.

I disagree.
It's like talking to a brick wall some times.
It's hard to get anything out of them and when you do it's pretty coarse stuff.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-04-2013, 11:08 AM
(18-04-2013 11:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Incorrect. I find rocks to be most agreeable.

I disagree.
It's like talking to a brick wall some times.
It's hard to get anything out of them and when you do it's pretty coarse stuff.

You have to know how to talk to them and what questions to ask. They are agreeable and will freely give you all the information they contain. But you must be willing to work for it, look in the right places, and ask the right questions. Thumbsup

—Thomas Henry Huxley