the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 01:59 PM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, he really is that dense.

OK come on, you had to have seen that coming... ? Tongue

This person makes Patrick on Spongebob Squarepants seem like a genius. Drinking Beverage

[Image: surprised-patrick-sex-gif_large.gif]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
18-04-2013, 02:15 PM
(18-04-2013 01:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm saying Love doesn't die even though flesh does..

Love isn't alive, love is an emotion.
There are many emotions that stem from Love and the absence of Love. Love makes life worth living. Ask anyone who is dying what is the most important experience in life, and they will in some way mention there love for someone.

I am drawing a distiction bewteen a carnal view and a spiritual view. The carnal view believes the flesh gives life to the spirit. The spiritual view believes the spirit gives life to the flesh. If I asked you who you are, would you say, I am a collection of bio matter? The body is a thing not a person. Love gives life meaning not Life gives love meaning. Baby chimpanzees raised in isolation from their mothers or contact with others, grow up insane knowing nothing but fear. Baby chimpanzees raised with their mothers grow up sharing and caring.
18-04-2013, 02:20 PM
(18-04-2013 01:59 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This person makes Patrick on Spongebob Squarepants seem like a genius. Drinking Beverage

[Image: surprised-patrick-sex-gif_large.gif]

It's hypnotic. I can't look away.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-04-2013, 02:22 PM
(18-04-2013 02:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Love isn't alive, love is an emotion.
There are many emotions that stem from Love and the absence of Love. Love makes life worth living. Ask anyone who is dying what is the most important experience in life, and they will in some way mention there love for someone.

I am drawing a distiction bewteen a carnal view and a spiritual view. The carnal view believes the flesh gives life to the spirit. The spiritual view believes the spirit gives life to the flesh. If I asked you who you are, would you say, I am a collection of bio matter? The body is a thing not a person. Love gives life meaning not Life gives love meaning. Baby chimpanzees raised in isolation from their mothers or contact with others, grow up insane knowing nothing but fear. Baby chimpanzees raised with their mothers grow up sharing and caring.
I ain't telling a crazy person my personal details. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
18-04-2013, 02:25 PM
(18-04-2013 01:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 12:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The very notion of gods was first created by man to offer an explanation for that which could not be understood by primitive society. Fear of the unknown. Over time, as the philosophical questions kept developing, the answer for the greatest unknown (what happens when we die) was sought. I believe that the natural instinct for life and fear of death is what drove man to come up with the concept of eternal life. We are all afraid of death to some extent. You are comfortable with your answer, but it makes little sense to me so I am comfortable with mine.
Yes, this is exactly how I believe evolution finally evolved. Advanced society needed to explain why they were here and God was a stupid magical idea. So they invented a theory that everything just happened for no reason and by magic a universe appeared complete with planes trains and internet which placated there curiosity.

Quote:That man was made in God's Image.

Quote:Funny how that works. Every god ever invented by man has had human traits, personalities, jealous reactions, anger issues, etc. Does it make more sense that man was created in god's image, or that god was created by man and so reflects man's image?
Great question. The bible basically asserts that the Christ is the perfect image of man to God and the perfect Image of God to man. Hence he called himself both the son of man while killed for calling himself the son of God. Nonetheless, The Creator came first in all logical reasoning.

I'm not sure who exactly "they" is and I'm not aware of any theory that states that everything appeared magically out of nothing. The current understanding in science of the first cause of the universe is that we just don't know yet. It is equally absurd to theorize that a magic entity always existed, got bored one day and poofed the universe into being by speaking.

The current version of the god of the bible is even more absurd and theologically inconsistent.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-04-2013, 02:26 PM
(18-04-2013 02:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Love isn't alive, love is an emotion.

You are drawing a false distinction. There is no separation between the two. What you are referring to is Dualism of which there has never and will never be any proof. The mind and the body are one there is no separation between a spirit and the flesh. By the way your example shows that love and empathy are not universal but learned so thanks for proving our point.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-04-2013, 02:52 PM
18-04-2013, 03:01 PM
(18-04-2013 02:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many emotions that stem from Love and the absence of Love. Love makes life worth living. Ask anyone who is dying what is the most important experience in life, and they will in some way mention there love for someone.

You are drawing a false distinction. There is no separation between the two. What you are referring to is Dualism of which there has never and will never be any proof. The mind and the body are one there is no separation between a spirit and the flesh. By the way your example shows that love and empathy are not universal but learned so thanks for proving our point.
There is a distinction between bio matter and a person. Love is not moleculer, neither is knowledge and neither is Truth. Hence when the the philosopher says to know thyself, he is not talking about disecting the body to the sub atomic levels. Hence the chimpanzees prove my point. Love is passed on. It transcends us. You can say we learn it if you like, just so as you recognize it as an absolute Moral Truth that rules over flesh.
18-04-2013, 03:11 PM
(18-04-2013 03:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You are drawing a false distinction. There is no separation between the two. What you are referring to is Dualism of which there has never and will never be any proof. The mind and the body are one there is no separation between a spirit and the flesh. By the way your example shows that love and empathy are not universal but learned so thanks for proving our point.
There is a distinction between bio matter and a person. Love is not moleculer, neither is knowledge and neither is Truth. Hence when the the philosopher says to know thyself, he is not talking about disecting the body to the sub atomic levels. Hence the chimpanzees prove my point. Love is passed on. It transcends us. You can say we learn it if you like, just so as you recognize it as an absolute Moral Truth that rules over flesh.

No if you want to be technical love is chemical and electrical impulses. I also don't believe in absolute morality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-04-2013, 03:13 PM
(18-04-2013 02:52 PM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote:The current understanding in science of the first cause of the universe is that we just don't know yet.
Then it could be God is what you're saying? Then why atheism?

It could not be god. Then why theism?

The answer to "I don't know" is "I don't know." Not, "I don't know, so I'm going to imagine the most comforting fairy tale I can think of so I can pretend I'll never die."

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post