the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 08:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hey thirdeye, how does it feel not to have convinced anyone here about a single thing you have argued for?
I think everyone here knows Love rules.
Actually...

(18-04-2013 07:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You haven't "educated" anyone, "saved" anyone or "enlightened" anyone. I'm not even sure you have "entertained" anyone. If I cared for you I think I'd be emabarrassed for you.
(18-04-2013 08:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well that is very respectful of you. Thank you.
I know

(18-04-2013 07:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why are you here again?
(18-04-2013 08:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well, I am here to find out why an atheist can't believe in God.
Because it doesn't exist?

(18-04-2013 07:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW you are hereby being demoted to gnat.
(18-04-2013 08:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  Thank you. You are a generous person.
I know that too Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 08:43 PM
(18-04-2013 08:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are talking about believing without evidence.

Skeptics do not believe without evidence.
And so?

Beat_stick

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-04-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 09:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-04-2013 07:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  The B.C. means before Christ. So when I said about no race other than the nation of Israel has claimed to be chosen by God to bring forth the Messiah and it happened. The key words here are "chosen by God", "bring forth", and "it happened" . Chosen by God means only God could make it happen. Bring forth means to be born from this race. And it happened two thousand years ago. So obviously the KKK could not have brought forth the Christ Jesus since they weren't around two thousand years ago. And that is why your statement is ridiculous. Do you even know what a Christ is?

We know all about your cult's crap.

1. The nation of Isra-el CLAIMED FOR ITSELF the chosen status. They were not granted it. Of couse they gave it to themself. They wanted to justify their land expansion/violence against their neighbors.

2. Jebus in no way accomplished any of the tasks, especially THE MAIN TASK that a messiah was supposed to do. He did not restore the kingdom, or the temple. The temple STILL has not been restored. He did not claim that status for himself. After him, and around him, there were many who also were thought to be "messiahs", and in fact Simon bar Kachba led the revolt in the 130's and HE was thought to be the messiah. You really need to learn some shit about your cult, and it's history, bub.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers. child, you seem like a good dude at times, and I know you're cornered here. As I said in my first response to you, and then later, you are in over your head. There are two options: try to learn something, or go away. You claim to want to know the mind of an atheist, but refuse to even try to comprehend the arguments presented and continue to reply with the same shit we've seen from christians over and over again. You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
18-04-2013, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 10:01 PM by childeye.)
18-04-2013, 09:21 PM
(18-04-2013 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers.

Yup, I lurked until you left (I hate adult supervision) and then I bonked on the poor, unsuspecting dunce.
Bangin Laughat

You're actually giving him good advice and I resent you for it...Big Grin
"You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief." - evenheathen

18-04-2013, 09:22 PM
(18-04-2013 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers. child, you seem like a good dude at times, and I know you're cornered here. As I said in my first response to you, and then later, you are in over your head. There are two options: try to learn something, or go away. You claim to want to know the mind of an atheist, but refuse to even try to comprehend the arguments presented and continue to reply with the same shit we've seen from christians over and over again. You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief.

If he wanted questions really answered, he would have asked them and departed. He's kept going here because he doesn't really care about our answers -- he wants to inflate his ego, and demonstrate his boundless energy regurgitating for well....we know who....

In other words. He's a troll.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-04-2013, 09:37 PM
18-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Here's another messiah. Simon of Perea. Son of Joseph. Rose from the dead after 3 days. Announced by Gabriel. Did miracles. Sound familiar ? Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_of_Peraea

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Well, shit. I am relatively new at this atheist thing. Just trying to cut my teeth a little, this is the first thread that I had a little room to do so. Thanks for letting me bounce around a bit.

child, I thank you also, for letting me bounce around a bit. You put up a good front as someone who was genuinely interested in conversation about what it is to believe and why it's important to those who truly seek knowledge. I overestimated you. Well done, troll. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco