the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 09:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers.

Yup, I lurked until you left (I hate adult supervision) and then I bonked on the poor, unsuspecting dunce.
Bangin Laughat

You're actually giving him good advice and I resent you for it...Big Grin
"You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief." - evenheathen

yeah, yeah. lesson learned.....Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-04-2013, 09:56 PM
(18-04-2013 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers. child, you seem like a good dude at times, and I know you're cornered here.

I'm cornered? I don't feel cornered.

Quote: As I said in my first response to you, and then later, you are in over your head. There are two options: try to learn something, or go away.
I've learned plenty and am still learning.
Quote: You claim to want to know the mind of an atheist, but refuse to even try to comprehend the arguments presented and continue to reply with the same shit we've seen from christians over and over again.

That's strange, because they atheists I've talked to, don't know anything about Christ. I don't think they even know what a Christ is.

Quote: You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief.
I don't get you. I'm a Christian. I'm supposed to be persecuted by unbelievers. I'm not arguing for my God. He needs no one to argue for Him. Please note something that I've learned about atheists on this forum. They hate the term God personified. They claim to know what Christianity is about, but they don't even know what a Christ is. The knowledge of God is not in a book or taught by word of mouth or by lessons in school. It is about knowing a person, just like I get to know you and you get to know me. It therefore doesn't matter how smart you are, or how many facts you can acquire. I have learned that atheists don't know these basic simple truths.
18-04-2013, 10:00 PM
(18-04-2013 09:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, shit. I am relatively new at this atheist thing. Just trying to cut my teeth a little, this is the first thread that I had a little room to do so. Thanks for letting me bounce around a bit.

There will be others. They kinda keep coming.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-04-2013, 10:02 PM
(18-04-2013 09:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, I leave for band practice for like, 3 hours and this thread goes bonkers. Five or six pages worth of bonkers. child, you seem like a good dude at times, and I know you're cornered here.

I'm cornered? I don't feel cornered.

Quote: As I said in my first response to you, and then later, you are in over your head. There are two options: try to learn something, or go away.
I've learned plenty and am still learning.
Quote: You claim to want to know the mind of an atheist, but refuse to even try to comprehend the arguments presented and continue to reply with the same shit we've seen from christians over and over again.

That's strange, because they atheists I've talked to, don't know anything about Christ. I don't think they even know what a Christ is.

Quote: You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief.
I don't get you. I'm a Christian. I'm supposed to be persecuted by unbelievers. I'm not arguing for my God. He needs no one to argue for Him. Please note something that I've learned about atheists on this forum. They hate the term God personified. They claim to know what Christianity is about, but they don't even know what a Christ is. The knowledge of God is not in a book or taught by word of mouth or by lessons in school. It is about knowing a person, just like I get to know you and you get to know me. It therefore doesn't matter how smart you are, or how many facts you can acquire. I have learned that atheists don't know these basic simple truths.

Alright, like the fool I am, I'll bite. I've had a couple cocktails, so what the fuck right?

One question, what the gal-dern do you mean by A christ?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-04-2013, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 10:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-04-2013 09:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well that explains why full circle thinks Love stinks.

Quote:1. The nation of Isra-el CLAIMED FOR ITSELF the chosen stauts. They were not granted it. Of couse they gave it to themself. They wanted to justify their land expansion against their neighbors.
Please supply some documentation of this. Did you get this information out of a book or by revelation through Evolution?

Quote:2. Jebus in no way accomplished any of the tasks, especially THE MAIN TASK that a messiah was supposed to do. He did not restore the kingdom, or the temple.
The temple was and even now is being built and people like me are the stones. The Temple is the body of Christ. Those led by the Holy Spirit are his body on earth.
You didn't know this? You really are ignorant about what the church is. It's not a building.

I never said "love stinks". All I said was that YOU turning it into a deity was meaningless. Nice try at a strawman, and deflection. Liar.
YOU have to supply the documentation that Isra-el WAS annointed as chosen. You have not done that. Be sure and do that EXTERNALLY to the Bible. There is not a shred of evidence that Isra-el was 'chosen" by anything, or anyone. The reason THEY chose Yahweh, was because he was the (Sumerian/Babylonian), god of the armies, and they wanted help with their battles. As I said, you know nothing about the history of your own cult.
The temple was the temple. Not the spiritual temple. EVER. YOU can't change the meaning later and then say "oh they didn't mean that". What you are saying WAS NEVER what it meant to the Hebrews. It's a later invention of the Christians, and you know it. Jebus never said anything about "you are my body" All that was cooked up later. Jesus never claimed divinity, or that he was the messiah. The first gospel (Mark), has not a word about it, or "salvation". Your religion was cooked up by Paul. You practice Paulianity. You just don't know it. I know what a church is, and was. AFTER Jebus' day it was an "ecclesia" in Greek, (which proves he never used the word). LATER, MUCH LATER , it was an organization. There was no such thing as a "church" in Jebus' day. Take a history course.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-04-2013, 10:13 PM
(18-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup, I lurked until you left (I hate adult supervision) and then I bonked on the poor, unsuspecting dunce.
Bangin Laughat

You're actually giving him good advice and I resent you for it...Big Grin
"You can try to argue for your god, but nothing will go any more smoothly for you than it is now unless you take the time to educate yourself about your own belief." - evenheathen

yeah, yeah. lesson learned.....Weeping

I guess I kinda, I dunno, thought that I could just reason somebody into reality the same way christians think that they can....not provide any sort of coherent argument for anything whatsoever and still believe that anything they say holds weight even after being theologically and intellectually totally disemboweled time and time again. My bad.

~ Umberto Eco
18-04-2013, 10:23 PM
(18-04-2013 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Here's another messiah. Simon of Perea. Son of Joseph. Rose from the dead after 3 days. Announced by Gabriel. Did miracles. Sound familiar ? Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_of_Peraea
Do you realize that a hundred thousand people can calll themselves the messiah and that doesn't chamge the fact that the True Messiah still remains the only Messiah? But the True Messiah must become a Light unto the world. Now do we mark our callenders B.C. and A.D. after this Simon fellows birth and death? No. Is His Name used to pray unto God by people in every nation on earth? No. Did this Simon die on a cross crucified by both the religious and secular lauthorities and then forgive his murderers while bleeding to death? No. So please get serious. Only the Name of Jesus is recognized all over the world by people in every nation as the Messiah. So it happened. Christ happenend.

If you're so smart bucky ball. Do you know what a Christ\Messiah even is?
18-04-2013, 10:26 PM
(18-04-2013 10:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  yeah, yeah. lesson learned.....Weeping

I guess I kinda, I dunno, thought that I could just reason somebody into reality the same way christians think that they can....not provide any sort of coherent argument for anything whatsoever and still believe that anything they say holds weight even after being theologically and intellectually totally disemboweled time and time again. My bad.
Why do you grovel in front of this person? Do you not know the Christ happened? Do you know what a Christ is?
18-04-2013, 10:28 PM
(18-04-2013 10:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  yeah, yeah. lesson learned.....Weeping

Naw it's ok man, cause remember the debate is never for the guy you're talking to, its for all the people listening. You almost never going to actually get someone to change their position in a debate. Thats not the point of the debate. Troll boy here did you and me a favor (grammar nazi's go fuck yourself I don't care) we got to practice our debating a bit. We made some good points and a few points that needed to be better stated. Also of note if there is a new person waiting in the wings, not sure what they believe they got to see the difference between a rational skeptical approach and a very good imitation of a fundie. With any luck maybe this got at least one person thinking and maybe even investigating their beliefs.

Tis better to debate a troll than to let stupidity go unchallenged.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-04-2013, 10:32 PM
(18-04-2013 10:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I guess I kinda, I dunno, thought that I could just reason somebody into reality the same way christians think that they can....not provide any sort of coherent argument for anything whatsoever and still believe that anything they say holds weight even after being theologically and intellectually totally disemboweled time and time again. My bad.
Why do you grovel in front of this person? Do you not know the Christ happened? Do you know what a Christ is?

Okay, well now you're fucking with my friends. I ask again, what do you mean by a christ? The christ happened? Shit happens everyday. You gotta come sharper than that my friend.

~ Umberto Eco