the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  Well that explains why full circle thinks Love stinks.

Please supply some documentation of this. Did you get this information out of a book or by revelation through Evolution?

The temple was and even now is being built and people like me are the stones. The Temple is the body of Christ. Those led by the Holy Spirit are his body on earth.
You didn't know this? You really are ignorant about what the church is. It's not a building.

I never said "love stinks". All I said was that YOU turning it into a deity was meaningless. Nice try at a strawman, and deflection. Liar.
YOU have to supply the documentation that Isra-el WAS annointed as chosen. You have not done that. Be sure and do that EXTERNALLY to the Bible. There is not a shred of evidence that Isra-el was 'chosen" by anything, or anyone. The reason THEY chose Yahweh, was because he was the (Sumerian/Babylonian), god of the armies, and they wanted help with their battles. As I said, you know nothing about the history of your own cult.
The temple was the temple. Not the spiritual temple. EVER. YOU can't change the meaning later and then say "oh they didn't mean that". What you are saying WAS NEVER what it meant to the Hebrews. It's a later invention of the Christians, and you know it. Jebus never said anything about "you are my body" All that was cooked up later. Jesus never claimed divinity, or that he was the messiah. The first gospel (Mark), has not a word about it, or "salvatipon". Your religion was cooked up by Paul. You practice Paulianity. You just don't know it. I know what a church is, and was. AFTER Jebus' day it was an "ecclesia" in Greek, (which proves he never used the word). LATER, MUCH LATER , it was an organization. There was no such thing as a "church" in Jebus' day. Take a history course.

Even when I did believe (and I was a huge believer) I never understood the fascination with Saul of Tarsus. The man was clearly anti-women, he was crazy and didn't even believe married people should have sex. Until he probably realized that no sex meant no babies...which of course wouldn't do. Shows how far seizures and hallucinating can get you!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 10:35 PM
(18-04-2013 10:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I guess I kinda, I dunno, thought that I could just reason somebody into reality the same way christians think that they can....not provide any sort of coherent argument for anything whatsoever and still believe that anything they say holds weight even after being theologically and intellectually totally disemboweled time and time again. My bad.

Naw it's ok man, cause remember the debate is never for the guy you're talking to, its for all the people listening. You almost never going to actually get someone to change their position in a debate. Thats not the point of the debate. Troll boy here did you and me a favor (grammar nazi's go fuck yourself I don't care) we got to practice our debating a bit. We made some good points and a few points that needed to be better stated. Also of note if there is a new person waiting in the wings, not sure what they believe they got to see the difference between a rational skeptical approach and a very good imitation of a fundie. With any luck maybe this got at least one person thinking and maybe even investigating their beliefs.

Tis better to debate a troll than to let stupidity go unchallenged.

Right on.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-04-2013, 10:36 PM
(18-04-2013 10:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 09:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm cornered? I don't feel cornered.

I've learned plenty and am still learning.

That's strange, because they atheists I've talked to, don't know anything about Christ. I don't think they even know what a Christ is.

I don't get you. I'm a Christian. I'm supposed to be persecuted by unbelievers. I'm not arguing for my God. He needs no one to argue for Him. Please note something that I've learned about atheists on this forum. They hate the term God personified. They claim to know what Christianity is about, but they don't even know what a Christ is. The knowledge of God is not in a book or taught by word of mouth or by lessons in school. It is about knowing a person, just like I get to know you and you get to know me. It therefore doesn't matter how smart you are, or how many facts you can acquire. I have learned that atheists don't know these basic simple truths.

Alright, like the fool I am, I'll bite. I've had a couple cocktails, so what the fuck right?

One question, what the gal-dern do you mean by A christ?
I just want to prove you don't know anything about Christianity. I want to prove to all of these atheists here, that they don't know anything about Christianity. So I am not going to tell you what a Christ/Messiah is yet. I want the atheists to line up and tell me what a Christ/Messiah is. Because if they can't answer, then they must admit they don't know what Christianity is. I want you to see just how ignorant they are since you think they know so much.
18-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Hughsie...the thread needs a kick again..

18-04-2013, 10:40 PM
(18-04-2013 10:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said "love stinks". All I said was that YOU turning it into a deity was meaningless. Nice try at a strawman, and deflection. Liar.
YOU have to supply the documentation that Isra-el WAS annointed as chosen. You have not done that. Be sure and do that EXTERNALLY to the Bible. There is not a shred of evidence that Isra-el was 'chosen" by anything, or anyone. The reason THEY chose Yahweh, was because he was the (Sumerian/Babylonian), god of the armies, and they wanted help with their battles. As I said, you know nothing about the history of your own cult.
The temple was the temple. Not the spiritual temple. EVER. YOU can't change the meaning later and then say "oh they didn't mean that". What you are saying WAS NEVER what it meant to the Hebrews. It's a later invention of the Christians, and you know it. Jebus never said anything about "you are my body" All that was cooked up later. Jesus never claimed divinity, or that he was the messiah. The first gospel (Mark), has not a word about it, or "salvatipon". Your religion was cooked up by Paul. You practice Paulianity. You just don't know it. I know what a church is, and was. AFTER Jebus' day it was an "ecclesia" in Greek, (which proves he never used the word). LATER, MUCH LATER , it was an organization. There was no such thing as a "church" in Jebus' day. Take a history course.

Even when I did believe (and I was a huge believer) I never understood the fascination with Saul of Tarsus. The man was clearly anti-women, he was crazy and didn't even believe married people should have sex. Until he probably realized that no sex meant no babies...which of course wouldn't do. Shows how far seizures and hallucinating can get you!

Well he also thought the end of the world was coming within his lifetime so babies weren't really needed in that case. Saul was one messed up dude, I like the debate as to whether he was a midget or just had a small/non-functioning penis or if he was just a super closet case drenched in self loathing. Perfect guy to base a cult around.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-04-2013, 10:45 PM
(18-04-2013 10:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I guess I kinda, I dunno, thought that I could just reason somebody into reality the same way christians think that they can....not provide any sort of coherent argument for anything whatsoever and still believe that anything they say holds weight even after being theologically and intellectually totally disemboweled time and time again. My bad.

Naw it's ok man, cause remember the debate is never for the guy you're talking to, its for all the people listening. You almost never going to actually get someone to change their position in a debate. Thats not the point of the debate. Troll boy here did you and me a favor (grammar nazi's go fuck yourself I don't care) we got to practice our debating a bit. We made some good points and a few points that needed to be better stated. Also of note if there is a new person waiting in the wings, not sure what they believe they got to see the difference between a rational skeptical approach and a very good imitation of a fundie. With any luck maybe this got at least one person thinking and maybe even investigating their beliefs.

Tis better to debate a troll than to let stupidity go unchallenged.
Okay revenant 77. You think you know all about Christianity. Do you even know what a Christ\Messiah is?
18-04-2013, 10:48 PM
(18-04-2013 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said "love stinks". All I said was that YOU turning it into a deity was meaningless. Nice try at a strawman, and deflection. Liar.

You were a believer? No way. If you were a believer then you can tell me what a Christ is. I'll bet you don't even know what a Christ/Messiah is.
18-04-2013, 10:51 PM

He thought the end-times were immanent. LIke tomorrow. He was wrong.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-04-2013, 10:55 PM
(18-04-2013 10:48 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even when I did believe (and I was a huge believer) I never understood the fascination with Saul of Tarsus. The man was clearly anti-women, he was crazy and didn't even believe married people should have sex. Until he probably realized that no sex meant no babies...which of course wouldn't do. Shows how far seizures and hallucinating can get you!
You were a believer? No way. If you were a believer then you can tell me what a Christ is. I'll bet you don't even know what a Christ/Messiah is.

fuck, calm down, Mr. Hyde. Why don't you explain to us "ignorant" atheists what a christ is, and maybe we can discuss it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-04-2013, 11:01 PM
(18-04-2013 10:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 10:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even when I did believe (and I was a huge believer) I never understood the fascination with Saul of Tarsus. The man was clearly anti-women, he was crazy and didn't even believe married people should have sex. Until he probably realized that no sex meant no babies...which of course wouldn't do. Shows how far seizures and hallucinating can get you!

Well he also thought the end of the world was coming within his lifetime so babies weren't really needed in that case. Saul was one messed up dude, I like the debate as to whether he was a midget or just had a small/non-functioning penis or if he was just a super closet case drenched in self loathing. Perfect guy to base a cult around.

That's true. I think he was closet case...and he was perfect to base a cult around. It's interesting that he knew nothing about jebus's early years...or even the later ones...it's wild that when you actually read the crap he wrote, anyone actually believed him.

Some people spend a couple hours watching the snuff film passion of the christ and think they know everything they need to know. What's worse they drag their children to see it and complain about sex on tv.