the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: the God term
(18-04-2013 11:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wait, before you told me to google about exodus, then had that thrown in your face. Then you feigned ignorance and pleaded mercy for your ignorance. Now you have this weird, ambiguous google scavenger hunt for what a christ is? You fucking poe. I'll cite the most consistent word of wisdom that has appeared on this thread from the beginning.

Shoo fly.

Lmao! He's on the ropes and only cares about his version of the truth. He doesn't know shit about the exodus, he doesn't know shit about messiah or even what the messiah was supposed to do. If he did he'd understsnd there's no way it was "the christ"

See he wants to be superior. He needs it. That's why he keeps backpedaling. It's ok for him to send us to google, but if he thinks we're using google to answer his questions we're disqualified. Yep DLJ called him a Poe, KC abandoned this thread long ago too seeing he just wasn't worth the effort...sigh....

When will I learn to just walk away?

Weeping

Meh who cares what the troll wants we are finally getting into something interesting. Instead of word games like what is Pi and eternal we can actually lay some facts out and have a real discussion (at least amongst ourselves) on a subject that most people are ignorant about.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Glitchy board not updating correctly grr

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 12:02 AM
I see the word salad continues.
I want some meat son. (no homo)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-04-2013, 12:03 AM
(18-04-2013 11:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Listen idiot. If you're gonna play games, then fuck off.
An "annointed one" in Hebrew culture was just that.
If you, just like all you Christians are going to lie about what it means, and cook up your own definition, feel free.
The Ancient Near East is my field. So don't try to pull any shit here. I don't need Wiki for your common definitions.
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/emagazine/011.html

Well damn Bucky. If I knew you were gonna bother with this troll I wouldn't have written out that post twice, freaking hit a button and lost the entire thing the first time. Oh well good practice for the next time a jeebus freak shows up. Anyway I cannot seem to remember how many prophecies the supposed messiah was to fulfill. I guessed at 100 in that post but I don't think thats right.

Not Bucky, but the messiah was supposed to a military leader, reunite the Jewish people. End hunger, disease, war...

Build the third temple.

Everyone would be Jewish then...no other religions...No killing either like convert or die (yanno?)

Bunch of other stuff but I'm tired.

There never was supposed to be a birth in a manger...there was never a reason for a crucifixion, or resurrection, if someone did all those things why would he need to die? He was supposed to be of the linage of David on his fathers side -- but be a regular person with no supernatural mumbo crap.

There's something I'm forgetting...maybe Bucky will fill in. Smile

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-04-2013, 12:06 AM
(18-04-2013 11:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wait, before you told me to google about exodus, then had that thrown in your face. Then you feigned ignorance and pleaded mercy for your ignorance. Now you have this weird, ambiguous google scavenger hunt for what a christ is? You fucking poe. I'll cite the most consistent word of wisdom that has appeared on this thread from the beginning.

Shoo fly.

Lmao! He's on the ropes and only cares about his version of the truth. He doesn't know shit about the exodus, he doesn't know shit about messiah or even what the messiah was supposed to do. If he did he'd understsnd there's no way it was "the christ"

See he wants to be superior. He needs it. That's why he keeps backpedaling. It's ok for him to send us to google, but if he thinks we're using google to answer his questions we're disqualified. Yep DLJ called him a Poe, KC abandoned this thread long ago too seeing he just wasn't worth the effort...sigh....

Weeping

Well, I at least got to get in and throw elbows with you guys. Felt good. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 12:09 AM
(19-04-2013 12:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lmao! He's on the ropes and only cares about his version of the truth. He doesn't know shit about the exodus, he doesn't know shit about messiah or even what the messiah was supposed to do. If he did he'd understsnd there's no way it was "the christ"

Weeping

Well, I at least got to get in and throw elbows with you guys. Felt good. Big Grin

Oh I'm sure we'll get another chance tomorrow.

19-04-2013, 12:11 AM
(18-04-2013 11:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Glitchy board not updating correctly grr

Yea the thread needs to be kicked by Hughsie or the other dude Wink

19-04-2013, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 12:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Even at the very end of the "ministry" they (his closest followers) STILL expected he would "restore the kingdom". Never happened.

Acts 1:6 "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore the kingdom to Isra-el ?"

No wonder they had to make up so much stuff later, if they were going to sell it.

One of the most telling changes is a bit obtuse, but very important. Paul changed the Hebrew "atonement" concept of the Hebrews, ("cosmic" reconcillitaion .. by a *sacrifice*), to "personal purification", which he took form Zoroastrianism, (via Mithraism, which was practiced/very popular in Tarusus). It was the way he could compete, (as stated above), with the Greek mystery cults, which was their main competition.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2013, 12:22 AM
(19-04-2013 12:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 12:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, I at least got to get in and throw elbows with you guys. Felt good. Big Grin

Oh I'm sure we'll get another chance tomorrow.

I'll be gone tomorrow, it's my day off with my boy, interwebz is forbidden. We have the real world to discover. ( He's 2.5, I'm having a ball, he's so smart!) but I shall return.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
19-04-2013, 12:57 AM
the God term
(19-04-2013 12:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well damn Bucky. If I knew you were gonna bother with this troll I wouldn't have written out that post twice, freaking hit a button and lost the entire thing the first time. Oh well good practice for the next time a jeebus freak shows up. Anyway I cannot seem to remember how many prophecies the supposed messiah was to fulfill. I guessed at 100 in that post but I don't think thats right.

Not Bucky, but the messiah was supposed to a military leader, reunite the Jewish people. End hunger, disease, war...

Build the third temple.

Everyone would be Jewish then...no other religions...No killing either like convert or die (yanno?)

Bunch of other stuff but I'm tired.

There never was supposed to be a birth in a manger...there was never a reason for a crucifixion, or resurrection, if someone did all those things why would he need to die? He was supposed to be of the linage of David on his fathers side -- but be a regular person with no supernatural mumbo crap.

There's something I'm forgetting...maybe Bucky will fill in. :)

Pixie dust? Think of a wonderful thought?