the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 11:53 AM
the God term
(19-04-2013 11:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No they don't. There are no moral absolutes. Morality does not come from the gods. If someone were trying to kill you, or you were a soldier, you would kill, and be required to kill. There is no instance of a moral "absolute", nor can you provide one.
No moral absolutes? Oh yes there is. You can't tell me that there is nothing wrong with torturing people and mean it. Your soldier in war is not an example of no moral absolute. It is an example of delusion and the product of deception. I don't think you know what the words relative or moral or absolute mean.

In turn, I wonder about your understanding of the words "delusion" and "deception".

Are you still trying to understand us? I have yet to see evidence of this. Based on your posts so far the only conclusion I can make about your intent is to preach. You don't seem to be listening to anyone here. We tell you what we believe and how we feel, marvelous opportunities for enlightenment, and instead you seem to use them in an attempt to show us how we are wrong and you are right.

This feels more like one person's delight in feeling powerful. It's beginning to feel like a game.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 03:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 12:57 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Pixie dust? Think of a wonderful thought?

Thats going to be the the essence of his big revel (if he ever does it he may pull a sexualypleasingjeebustroll move and just drag this out forever) Notice he got very upset when people started bringing out actual facts about his happy little fairy tale.
I only wish I could see what facts you keep talking about that have punched any holes in my Love rules mentality. All you have done is make assertions that love is both chemical and electrical and memory and then say that empathy is simulated. Which of course can't all be true since they negate one another. You don't seem to see the disconnect.

As for what does is a Christ, you should at least take a guess of what it means and at least try and be serious about it. Also, I have another question for atheists who think they know what Christianity is all about. And this may give you a clue as to what a Christ is. So here's the question: According to the bible does a person become a believer by reading a book?
19-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I have issues with the term "Universal". Fuck man, we never made it past the moon. Really? Universal? If you brought a universal remote on the USS Enterprise I doubt it would work. The Borg would probably be like "Your technological and biological advances will be added to our own... but your remotes are fucking futile."

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
19-04-2013, 12:09 PM
(19-04-2013 11:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No they don't. There are no moral absolutes. Morality does not come from the gods. If someone were trying to kill you, or you were a soldier, you would kill, and be required to kill. There is no instance of a moral "absolute", nor can you provide one.
No moral absolutes? Oh yes there is. You can't tell me that there is nothing wrong with torturing people and mean it. Your soldier in war is not an example of no moral absolute. It is an example of delusion and the product of deception. I don't think you know what the words relative or moral or absolute mean.

Oh. Ok. So first I don't know what "annointing" and what a "christ" is. Now I don't know what a moral absolute is.

All sorts of religious people torture people, and have tortured people. So much for that piece of crap. Christians have tortured people. If a bomber planted a nuclear bomb. And it was about to go off and kill millions and millions of people, and wouldn't say where it was. Would it be ok to torture him to force him to disclose the location to save millions of Christian lives ?

Right. No moral absolutes. You are delusional. You have the only truth. Just like all the other nut job theists. You have a very high opinion of yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 12:34 PM
INVOICE
To: Childeye

For: Pointless, disingenuous argument
Description of work: Wasting time

Billable hours: 20
Rate: $50/hr

Total bill: $1000

To be made payable to Phaedrus on or before May 1st, 2013

My time ain't cheap either...

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
19-04-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 12:53 PM by childeye.)
(19-04-2013 11:53 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  No moral absolutes? Oh yes there is. You can't tell me that there is nothing wrong with torturing people and mean it. Your soldier in war is not an example of no moral absolute. It is an example of delusion and the product of deception. I don't think you know what the words relative or moral or absolute mean.

In turn, I wonder about your understanding of the words "delusion" and "deception".

Are you still trying to understand us? I have yet to see evidence of this. Based on your posts so far the only conclusion I can make about your intent is to preach. You don't seem to be listening to anyone here. We tell you what we believe and how we feel, marvelous opportunities for enlightenment, and instead you seem to use them in an attempt to show us how we are wrong and you are right.

This feels more like one person's delight in feeling powerful. It's beginning to feel like a game.
Hypocrisy is for hypocrits. When speaking to an atheist, it is impossible to not say what I see as reality and not be considered as preaching, psychoanalyzing, making fun of the freaks, etc... But let's be honest with one another Cardinal Smurf. Read the thread. There's more preaching about christianity by the atheists here than by me, but that is more about false christianity and some of it hearsay in my view. I have from the outset said I believe Love is an Eternal Spirit. I've been called many vile names, by people whose assertions I have challenged. I therefore feel incilned to show them they know nothing about Christianity by pointing out that they don't even know what a Christ is.

Contrary to what you say, I am listening and nobody agrees on anything here. Some say love is simulated and others say it is felt. I struggle to understand how both can be true at once. Terminology is not consistent.

I applied delusion and deceipt to two sides who would rather spend resources and lives destroying each others existence rather than getting along. For just as I feel there is a Spirit of Love that draws people together, I feel there is a spirit of enmity that drives people apart.
19-04-2013, 12:37 PM
(19-04-2013 12:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  INVOICE

Of course it's not me. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
19-04-2013, 12:58 PM
(19-04-2013 10:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully Sir, you do know some things about ointments and what they do, I'll give you that. While you have given some examples of what it might do metaphorically speaking, you are really just throwing out ephods and don't know what a Christ is. Hence you have no right to talk about Christianity with any credibility.

When and if YOU get in to Harvard Divinity School, as I am, then and only then you can say that. Until then say what you have to say, or shut the fuck up.
So does Harvard divinity school teach what the Christ is? Does the bible teach that a Christian believes by reading a book?
19-04-2013, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 01:10 PM by childeye.)
(19-04-2013 12:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:33 AM)childeye Wrote:  No moral absolutes? Oh yes there is. You can't tell me that there is nothing wrong with torturing people and mean it. Your soldier in war is not an example of no moral absolute. It is an example of delusion and the product of deception. I don't think you know what the words relative or moral or absolute mean.

Oh. Ok. So first I don't know what "annointing" and what a "christ" is. Now I don't know what a moral absolute is.

All sorts of religious people torture people, and have tortured people. So much for that piece of crap. Christians have tortured people. If a bomber planted a nuclear bomb. And it was about to go off and kill millions and millions of people, and wouldn't say where it was. Would it be ok to torture him to force him to disclose the location to save millions of Christian lives ? By the way. you do know what annointing means, as in putting some ointment on a baby's diaper rash.

Right. No moral absolutes. You are delusional. You have the only truth. Just like all the other nut job theists. You have a very high opinion of yourself.
I thought so. You don't know what a moral absolute is either. That means you don't know what the word Holy means either. This much that you said is very true, religious people do many atrocious things. Please remember you said that, so that you recognize that religion should not be conflated with God lest you create in your mind an equivocation fallacy.
19-04-2013, 01:12 PM
(19-04-2013 12:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  INVOICE

Did you see my response to your post about equivocation fallacy?