the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 02:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ooooooh. He learned a big word, and now thinks it makes him look all smart to use it. You lose. That is not an example of that fallacy. You really need a Logic course.
Now that I have shown what a Christ is, I would point out that those religious people who tortured others was done to try to enforce christianity or some other religious belief. But a True Christian would never do such a thing becasue a True Christian knows only God can make a Christian and no torture can force God into anyone. Hence it is also clear that conflating God with religion is an equivocation fallacy because God is not in these religious people who would do such things nor do they know Him.

So then, oh lovable troll, what was your point in coming here? If, as you say, Jebus only talks to his favoritest people and they and only they are the "True Christians" then what was the point of this? Clearly us poor ol dumb atheists missed out on getting that little love tap on our taints so nothing you can say will change that. Well it seems to me that this entire thread has been nothing but public mental mastrabation for you and your word salad God.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-04-2013, 02:53 PM
threadbump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 02:57 PM
(19-04-2013 02:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 02:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  Now that I have shown what a Christ is, I would point out that those religious people who tortured others was done to try to enforce christianity or some other religious belief. But a True Christian would never do such a thing becasue a True Christian knows only God can make a Christian and no torture can force God into anyone. Hence it is also clear that conflating God with religion is an equivocation fallacy because God is not in these religious people who would do such things nor do they know Him.

So then, oh lovable troll, what was your point in coming here? If, as you say, Jebus only talks to his favoritest people and they and only they are the "True Christians" then what was the point of this? Clearly us poor ol dumb atheists missed out on getting that little love tap on our taints so nothing you can say will change that. Well it seems to me that this entire thread has been nothing but public mental mastrabation for you and your word salad God.

My sentiments exactly. Hey browneye, exactly what is the point? What would you have us take away from this discussion? Or are you here to just laugh at us silly atheists because you believe we will all burn in hell? Sounds like love/empathy to me. You truly are a blessed messenger. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 03:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2013 02:23 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. You don't get to just move on with more shit, until you answer the last pile of crap. What IS a "christ" according to you. Obviously you have a psychological problem, and feel the need to appear "superior*, Childish Churcch Lady.

You failed to explain how the example is not a disproval of a moral absolute, nor have you even tried to provide one. I gave you an example of where torture may be ok, to stop the bomb. YOU also failed agin to address that. Do you enjoy making a complete fool of yourself ? No one here gives a shit about your "holy book". There is no such thing. Only "books". All books were written by humans. For human reasons.

As far as what makes one a "Christian", are you kidding me ? Your Jebus said "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him", and "Many are called but few are chosen". So obviouly YOUR Jebus does the work here. What ? You don't read your scriptures ? How are you so ignorant of this ? Some Baptist you are. Not knowing your Babble.

YOu have about 10 pages of questions to address here. Get busy, bub, or is it "bubette" ?

Clearly you're an intelectual fly-weight, trying to masquerade as something more.
Shoo fly.
Right on Bucky ball. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You finally said something True about Christianity. I'm going to hold you to it. From now on you will be a liar and a dishonest person to say Christians believe otherwise. This is what is True about Christianity: Your Jebus said "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him", and "Many are called but few are chosen". So obviouly YOUR Jebus does the work here.
Consequently, a Christian does not become a believer by reading a book. So quite using the bible as a means to try to disprove God and His Christ. Quite thinking and spewing lies that a Christian is brainwashed by somebody elses hearsay or propoganda. Quite saying that Christianity is a religion as if men invented it. Because the Truth is that a Christian cannot become a Christian except God does it and that is taught in the Old Testament as well as the New and has been documented thousands of years before there ever was a Christ.

Now since you have finally said something True about Christianity, I will tell you what a Christ is. The Christ is the One True Image of God sent by God Himself. It is therefore not an invention of men in it's true and proper definition. You muddy the waters by saying that it is, and you become a liar because you know that is not what it means. You may not believe in the Christ which is as it should be. But you must admit as you already have, that a True Christian does not believe it is in your power or anyone elses power to believe in the Christ without changing the term and becoming a liar. This is how a True Christian knows a false one and why a false christian cannot see that they are false. Anyone here who thinks a True Christian would come here to this forum and try and find gullible minds to make minions unto god for any religious purpose is completely ignorant of what a Christ is.

Now if you will be so kind as to treat me with the same dignity as you would like to be treated, I will address why your example does not prove there is no moral absolute. You think morality is rules and stipulations. As they teach in law school to all young attorneys, all laws are arguable and as some have said here on this forum, morals are malleable. But the moral absolute is found in Love which is why I said Love rules. Therefore if someone had to torrture someone else to save millions, Love would dictate that this had to be done. I have never been in such a situation of course, but I assume that Love would only torture knowing that it would save innocent people from a worse torture. Moreover Love might reveal better ways to get that information rather than torture. Hence Love is the moral absolute and all morality and immorality is relative to Love.

One does not need the Bible to disprove any god. Therefore your point is moot. Christians are the ones who use it to prove their god. Dismissal of the claims, is not the same thing as using the claimed evidence for dismissal. You REALLY REALLY need a Logic course. There is no evidence for any god(s). You came here to preach. You are a troll. Begone. Idiot troll. If you deserved respect you would get it. You don't. Before you start your next idiot sermon, give us the evidence for your stupid god.

Shoo fly.
And stop your fucking preaching. If your god is not "drawing us" you're wasting your time. Go waste your time preaching your crap somewhere else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 03:16 PM
19-04-2013, 03:21 PM
(19-04-2013 03:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  If you truly accept the simple fact that a True Christian does not, nor cannot believe in the Christ without God making it happen, you already have the Truth residing in you.

So you say.
Prove it.

Here's another little fallacy for your new collection.
Your "true Christian" is called the "No True Scotsman Fallacy".
You make it all the time, ChildishPreacherMan
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 04:15 PM by childeye.)
(19-04-2013 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One does not need the Bible to disprove any god.
I agree with you. So stay true to your word and stop using it to try and do so.
Quote:Therefore your point is moot.
On the contrary, I agreed with you so you are making my point.
Quote:Christians are the ones who use it to prove their god.
We have already agreed that a True Christian believes that no one can come to Christ unless God does it. Therefore a True Christian, or at least a mature christian would not use the bible to try and prove God. Are you now reversing course and going to lie about what you know is true?
Quote:Dismissal of the claims, is not the same thing as using the claimed evidence for dismissal.
What claims am I dismissing or which claims are you dismissing? What evidence are you using for dismissal? Are you now going to go back on your word and claim you need the bible to dismiss God?

Quote:You REALLY REALLY need a Logic course. There is no evidence for any god(s). You came here to preach. You are a troll. Begone. Idiot troll. If you deserved respect you would get it. You don't. Before you start your next idiot sermon, give us the evidence for your stupid god.
I already told you and you already agreed. Read the record. I believe only God can bring a person to Christ. No evidence can be presented that would make you believe. You are aware of this so quite lying as if you don't know this fact.

Quote:And stop your fucking preaching. If your god is not "drawing us" you're wasting your time. Go waste your time preaching your crap somewhere else.
All I did was agree with you. You're preaching to yourself.
19-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:My point was to find out how atheist's define god.

Well that is a fucking stupid point.

What's your favorite drug? What have you got?

You're point is a fallacy in and of itself. Atheists don't define god, theists do. You define it, we tell you why it's ridiculous to believe it. That's how it works.

Shoo now.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 04:03 PM
(19-04-2013 02:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 02:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So then, oh lovable troll, what was your point in coming here? If, as you say, Jebus only talks to his favoritest people and they and only they are the "True Christians" then what was the point of this? Clearly us poor ol dumb atheists missed out on getting that little love tap on our taints so nothing you can say will change that. Well it seems to me that this entire thread has been nothing but public mental mastrabation for you and your word salad God.

My sentiments exactly. Hey browneye, exactly what is the point? What would you have us take away from this discussion? Or are you here to just laugh at us silly atheists because you believe we will all burn in hell? Sounds like love/empathy to me. You truly are a blessed messenger. Drinking Beverage
I just want you all to understand a simple truth. And that is that a True Christian believes that only God can bring a person to Christ. So that you quite saying lies about Christianity. Is that too much to ask?
19-04-2013, 04:11 PM
the God term
This thread isn't fun any more. Needs more upside down dogs.