the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 05:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That's a very interesting comparison. The other comparison that immediately came to mind was the Aryan race Hitler wanted to create, a man of Jewish decent ironically.

Very much so, thus back to my original Hypothesis what does the Jewish nation of the BCE era, the Nazi era in germany, and the Jim Crow era in the south all have in common? They all were defeated by a force of diversity that completely overwhelmed them and they could not respond because they had a closed system that valued Purity over merit.

Would you consider religions a closed system? They do value woo over critical thinking. Maybe I should say a closed "mind" instead of "system".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Op Op Op Opa Thread Bump

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Bastards. Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-04-2013, 05:51 PM
(19-04-2013 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Guys, this is page 69. I like that number, let's keep this topic perpetually on this page! Big Grin

What could have been....Weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-04-2013, 05:53 PM
(19-04-2013 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I suggest you go to a Christian forum and ask them if know the real Christ.

Shoo fly

Buh bye

As long as we keep giving him attention, he will stay here.

Guys, this is page 69. I like that number, let's keep this topic perpetually on this page! Big Grin

We could discuss taint tickling here.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 05:53 PM
(19-04-2013 05:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Guys, this is page 69. I like that number, let's keep this topic perpetually on this page! Big Grin

What could have been....Weeping

You tried my friend, don't cry Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 05:56 PM
(19-04-2013 05:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:46 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  As long as we keep giving him attention, he will stay here.

Guys, this is page 69. I like that number, let's keep this topic perpetually on this page! Big Grin

We could discuss taint tickling here.

Anything would be better than swatting at the noseeum

19-04-2013, 05:57 PM
(19-04-2013 11:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have a hypothesis on an over ridding theme through Human history that I would like to share and possible hear any counter arguments to.

Human societies only thrive and expand if they are willing to allow the influx of new ideas and peoples into them. Thus any society based on the notion of racial or intellectual superiority is doomed from the beginning as a failed cause. Drawing it back to the time period we have been discussing we have an excellent example in the 2 societies at conflict during the 2nd century bce through the end of the first century ce. Rome vs Judia, The Romans are histories greatest empire builders and keepers for the simple fact that they would assimilate the best of any conquered peoples and were always improving.

Judia on the other hand was a closed society any new ideas were scoffed at as gentile filth and unworthy of "God's chosen people" however a look at their history shows not a chosen people but a group so opposed to change and new ideas that had they not occupied a major point along the trade route no one would have ever even bothered with them. I find it ironic that the ancient Israelites and the KKK share almost exactly the same philosophy and both tend to poison the area's in which they hold sway.

Well thats my Hypothesis and I think it holds together well but please feel free to comment criticise.

This is my baseline.

(19-04-2013 05:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Very much so, thus back to my original Hypothesis what does the Jewish nation of the BCE era, the Nazi era in germany, and the Jim Crow era in the south all have in common? They all were defeated by a force of diversity that completely overwhelmed them and they could not respond because they had a closed system that valued Purity over merit.

Would you consider religions a closed system? They do value woo over critical thinking. Maybe I should say a closed "mind" instead of "system".

So my use of closed system was in opposition to an open integrated system. Japan before the British showed up is another great example of a closed society.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 05:57 PM
(19-04-2013 05:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We could discuss taint tickling here.

Anything would be better than swatting at the noseeum

Swatting is a different subject.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-04-2013, 05:59 PM
(19-04-2013 05:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anything would be better than swatting at the noseeum

Swatting is a different subject.

Swatting or spanking?