the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 06:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I got my taint tickled at lunch.

Were you in a pubic restaurant?

Actually we were. We're naughty that way.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Anyone else hear a fly buzzing around?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-04-2013, 06:36 PM
(19-04-2013 06:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anyone else hear a fly buzzing around?

Nope, there was a gnat that was here for a while but it was shoo'd

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 06:37 PM
(19-04-2013 06:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Were you in a pubic restaurant?

Actually we were. We're naughty that way.

Ah crap, you missed my attempt at cleverness...read my post again.

You are a Bawdy Broad afterallThumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Yea took out the big ass fly swatter and shoo'd the fly.

19-04-2013, 06:39 PM
(19-04-2013 06:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 06:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Actually we were. We're naughty that way.

Ah crap, you missed my attempt at cleverness...read my post again.

You are a Bawdy Broad afterallThumbsup

Well, kinda thought that was a typo.

19-04-2013, 06:41 PM
(19-04-2013 06:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Nope, there was a gnat that was here for a while but it was shoo'd

Oh. Okay.

Q: How do Atheists like to finish having sex?

with a Big Bang!

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 07:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2013 06:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 05:25 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Wow, we're getting somewhere.Thumbsup

Believing in the christ that god sent.

Well now we have to debate whether or not jesus was
a: actually a person that existed.
b: if he existed, was who he claimed to be.

To accept that b is the correct choice, you are obligated to subscribe to scripture, which you obviously have issues with. Now this is a conundrum. That is unless you stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the obvious problems with a book written by man, which you don't.

Mental gymnastics.
Cognitive dissonance.
Just plain freaking logic.

Again, if you believe just because it helps you to sleep at night then that's okay. What exactly are you here to debate?
Actually, the only significant thing to believe in, is that God's Love is like the Love seen on the cross.

Wrong again. Jebus was executed because he was a trouble maker in the temple complex by a standing order of the Roman Pax Romana. Just like hundreds, if not thousands of others. The god(s) had nothing to do with it, except maybe the Roman one, (the Emperor was considered a god). The job of an "annointed one" (which BTW you have still failed to discuss, intelligently, was NOT to die, ignominiously. He did not restore the nation. He did not restore the temple. Many others alive at the same time as he was, were also thought to be messiahs, thus we know he was in no way seen to be one.

In your deluded world, you actually mean to say that your ancient pissed-off deity NEEDED someone to die, before he could feel better ? And then you have the balls to call that "love". Whatever it was, it did no good. Humans are exactly the same as they were before he lived, and died. He did not rise. Matthew says many other rose also. Not one of them were ever documented. The temple curtian was never documented as having ripped. Split rocks were never found. The earthquakes did not happen. Jewish historian IN SITE did not even mention him. He was a nobody. A dime-a-dozen preacher, (not unlike you), who thought the apocalyptic age was about to begin. He was wrong. ( "Verily I say unto you, THIS generation shall not pass away until ALL these things have come to pass" ). Just like all the other apocalyptic Jews. Hw was all wrong. Your "loving" god could not even see to it there was decent documentation of the events.

It means your god is *subject* to time, and some sort of cosmic outside "reality" in which a sacrifice was *needed*. That means your god cannot be both subject to Reality AND it's creator. Besides a Logic course, you need a Philosophy course. Do you ever plan on getting an education. Or just spouting this nonsense ad infinitum.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I totally missed page 69. Weeping

So what were we talking about?

EWW!! Who the fuck left bug guts on the thread and didn't wipe them up!!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 07:10 PM
(19-04-2013 07:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I totally missed page 69. Weeping

So what were we talking about?

EWW!! Who the fuck left bug guts on the thread and didn't wipe them up!!

We were discussing the fact that the ancient Israelites and the KKK had more or less the same ideas when it came to racial purity.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post