the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I totally missed page 69. Weeping

So what were we talking about?

EWW!! Who the fuck left bug guts on the thread and didn't wipe them up!!

We were discussing the fact that the ancient Israelites and the KKK had more or less the same ideas when it came to racial purity.

Yeah, I caught the post stating why it was important to the virgin birth of a christ, I mean the christ. Sorry.

That's interesting, I'd never seen it from that view, but it totally makes sense.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 07:14 PM

It had to be someone else. I always clean up after myself.

In other news I completely forgot to cook dinner. I'll just blame it on thinking about taint tickling.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 07:17 PM
(19-04-2013 07:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It had to be someone else. I always clean up after myself.

In other news I completely forgot to cook dinner. I'll just blame it on thinking about taint tickling.

The wife (8 mo. preggo) came down with a bug, and nothing was in the house. We had McDonalds. I hate being a fat american sometimes, but sweet and sour sauce makes it go down easier. Wink

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
19-04-2013, 07:23 PM
(19-04-2013 07:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It had to be someone else. I always clean up after myself.

The wife (8 mo. preggo) came down with a bug, and nothing was in the house. We had McDonalds. I hate being a fat american sometimes, but sweet and sour sauce makes it go down easier. Wink

Oh, man. Weeping At least do Wendy's.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2013, 07:24 PM
(19-04-2013 07:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We were discussing the fact that the ancient Israelites and the KKK had more or less the same ideas when it came to racial purity.

Yeah, I caught the post stating why it was important to the virgin birth of a christ, I mean the christ. Sorry.

That's interesting, I'd never seen it from that view, but it totally makes sense.

The comparison works at almost every level. Think about how most people view the Klan. Backwards hillbillies and uneducated hicks, the lowest dregs of society. Much the same way that Romans viewed the jews at the time. The jewish insistence on theirs being the "chosen race of god" was something of a joke in the empire, most of whom considered them unwashed barbarians.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-04-2013, 07:25 PM
(19-04-2013 07:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The wife (8 mo. preggo) came down with a bug, and nothing was in the house. We had McDonalds. I hate being a fat american sometimes, but sweet and sour sauce makes it go down easier. Wink

Oh, man. Weeping At least do Wendy's.

I don't do Wendy's...

All ask nicely for the burger king.

19-04-2013, 07:29 PM
(19-04-2013 07:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It had to be someone else. I always clean up after myself.

Awww...congrats! Do you know what you're having (aside from a baby)? I get all whispy at the idea of babies.

My girlfriend who's my age had one last year.

19-04-2013, 07:32 PM
(19-04-2013 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The wife (8 mo. preggo) came down with a bug, and nothing was in the house. We had McDonalds. I hate being a fat american sometimes, but sweet and sour sauce makes it go down easier. Wink

Awww...congrats! Do you know what you're having (aside from a baby)? I get all whispy at the idea of babies.

My guess is Even is a BBQ man. Maybe Teriyaki.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-04-2013, 07:44 PM
(19-04-2013 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Did your girlfriend say it tasted good? I've heard that sweet and sour sauce makes it go down easier.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 07:56 PM
(19-04-2013 07:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Awww...congrats! Do you know what you're having (aside from a baby)? I get all whispy at the idea of babies.

My guess is Even is a BBQ man. Maybe Teriyaki.

Eww...I got derailed talking about babies and you talk about that...

Tongue