the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 08:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 08:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I recommend going with 2 historical names 1 a great king or ruler and 1 a great philosopher. ex Alexander Mark

We want a semi-original name, but nothing too weird. Gannon is one we both really like, but a cousin of mine already named her son that. It shouldn't matter, but it bothers me because in my mind my family will just be like, "good name, but it's been done already". Am I just being a twat? Or am I justified in it bothering me?

If it bothers you at all don't do it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 08:22 PM
(19-04-2013 08:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 08:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I recommend going with 2 historical names 1 a great king or ruler and 1 a great philosopher. ex Alexander Mark

We want a semi-original name, but nothing too weird. Gannon is one we both really like, but a cousin of mine already named her son that. It shouldn't matter, but it bothers me because in my mind my family will just be like, "good name, but it's been done already". Am I just being a twat? Or am I justified in it bothering me?

How about Bannon? Kannon? Zannon?

Yeah, I know, we're unserious fuckers Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 08:23 PM
(19-04-2013 08:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Awww...congrats! Do you know what you're having (aside from a baby)? I get all whispy at the idea of babies.

My girlfriend who's my age had one last year.

Another little heathen with a penis. Big Grin

Thanks! We're all ready except for the name. I started a thread a while back looking for ideas, but it kinda died. Fuckers around here just can't be serious when it comes to baby names. Undecided

Trying to convince her to go with Rygar Napoleon, but she hasn't gone for it yet.

We talked about naming our first Oglethorpe or Throcmorton. Personally I was rather fond of Kenhelm.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Go for Odin Tyrannosaurus Mussolini III.

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-04-2013, 09:03 PM
(19-04-2013 08:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 08:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We want a semi-original name, but nothing too weird. Gannon is one we both really like, but a cousin of mine already named her son that. It shouldn't matter, but it bothers me because in my mind my family will just be like, "good name, but it's been done already". Am I just being a twat? Or am I justified in it bothering me?

How about Bannon? Kannon? Zannon?

Yeah, I know, we're unserious fuckers Wink

Total bastards. Angry

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 09:05 PM
(19-04-2013 09:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Go for Odin Tyrannosaurus Mussolini III.

I would totally fucking do Odin. It sounds cool, war god and all.

Wait....what if we just name him Yaweh? Imagine the response....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 09:13 PM
(19-04-2013 09:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Go for Odin Tyrannosaurus Mussolini III.

Oh right! Give Tartarus credit for Odin. I kinda remember giving you an entire list of Norse gods and Celtic gods in another thread starting with ODIN!
How quickly he forgets Dodgy

However I think Ty (short for Tyrannosaurus) is a cool as shit name. Glad I thought of it first Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Probably similar to the person who named their kid Adolph. Or hitler...or whatever it was....

Husband made me cook tonight. :/

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-04-2013, 09:18 PM

So the kid is gonna be imaginary?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-04-2013, 09:29 PM
(19-04-2013 09:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I would totally fucking do Odin. It sounds cool, war god and all.

Oh right! Give Tartarus credit for Odin. I kinda remember giving you an entire list of Norse gods and Celtic gods in another thread starting with ODIN!
How quickly he forgets Dodgy

However I think Ty (short for Tyrannosaurus) is a cool as shit name. Glad I thought of it first Big Grin

Fuck me, you're right. Oops

I'd have to go back and look (I'm too lazy for that), but I do think I gave you a Bowing
for your list. I just didn't give Odin the consideration I should have until now. The wife isn't having it, but I think it would be awesome.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post