the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 09:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I would totally fucking do Odin. It sounds cool, war god and all.

Wait....what if we just name him Yaweh? Imagine the response....

So the kid is gonna be imaginary?

Imaginary Napoleon....

Nah, don't quite like the sound of that, good suggestion though. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 09:36 PM
We picked our second kid's middle name because of the only red light my husband got stuck at on 19th avenue in San Francisco.

We were very lucky. He didn't stop at Wawona .

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Should we feel bad that this thread is gonna hit 15000 before the thread that's actually dedicated to do so? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 09:38 PM
100 pages by the weekends end?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-04-2013, 09:45 PM
(19-04-2013 09:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  100 pages by the weekends end?

I feel a twinge in my taint at the thought.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
19-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Meh. Could be.

19-04-2013, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 10:14 PM by childeye.)
19-04-2013, 10:06 PM
(19-04-2013 09:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meh. Could be.

I dunno we may have to move to a new room while this one gets sprayed. Damn insects keep trying to get in here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:I know it seems that way, but the proof you seek is in seeing the big picture and you can't see the big picture if God is hiding it from you.

And there it is.

Do you see the unfairness of this statement? Most of us here have spent most of our lives earnestly seeking god. Humbly, honestly, with the most sincere servant's heart seeking him.

He's fucking hiding from us?Sadcryface2

You arrogant prick. So smug because you figured it out, and us stupid people just don't get it. Sure. When you feel like joining real life, come on over and talk. You a bbq guy, or sweet and sour?

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 10:19 PM
(19-04-2013 09:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  I gave you a sample of a simple Truth today that you should be able to believe in. No True Christian believes anyone can believe in Christ by any other means except God draw him. You now have that Truth and no one can take it away from you. When I told you what a Christ is, I gave a very deep Truth that very few people know. I don't know if you will be able to appreciate it.

So Bucky what do you think of that? I'm totally resisting the urge to be snarky here...just in case Bucky is swayed by "Truth" childish spoke of.