the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: the God term
(19-04-2013 10:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:I know it seems that way, but the proof you seek is in seeing the big picture and you can't see the big picture if God is hiding it from you.

And there it is.

Do you see the unfairness of this statement? Most of us here have spent most of our lives earnestly seeking god. Humbly, honestly, with the most sincere servant's heart seeking him.

He's fucking hiding from us?Sadcryface2

You arrogant prick. So smug because you figured it out, and us stupid people just don't get it. Sure. When you feel like joining real life, come on over and talk. You a bbq guy, or sweet and sour?

Whenever I've wavered or wondered if I was wrong about god -- I come back to those words...I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That whole self-righteous crap some Christians spew. It's not even all of them -- just a deranged few.

This is exactly what an abuser says to the person they abuse. It's never the abuser's fault. It's always the other person's fault.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 10:50 PM by childeye.)
[quote='evenheathen' pid='294430' dateline='1366430968']
[disregard this post
19-04-2013, 10:48 PM
19-04-2013, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 11:08 PM by childeye.)
(19-04-2013 10:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And there it is.

Do you see the unfairness of this statement? Most of us here have spent most of our lives earnestly seeking god. Humbly, honestly, with the most sincere servant's heart seeking him.

You arrogant prick. So smug because you figured it out, and us stupid people just don't get it. Sure. When you feel like joining real life, come on over and talk. You a bbq guy, or sweet and sour?

Whenever I've wavered or wondered if I was wrong about god -- I come back to those words...I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That whole self-righteous crap some Christians spew. It's not even all of them -- just a deranged few.

This is exactly what an abuser says to the person they abuse. It's never the abuser's fault. It's always the other person's fault.
All you have to do is just believe that God's Love is like the Love we see on the cross. If you approve of Him He approves of you. His Love is like taking the crap end of the stick instead of handing it to someone else. If you believe it, you need to take a few steps in doing it with others. Forgive others, turn the other cheek etc...And don't say bad things about others. They can't help the way they are. Just try it and you'll find Him.
If you're hearing the words, I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That is not God talking to you. That's the devil. True Christians stumble many times before they get stronger. It's okay.
19-04-2013, 10:57 PM
(19-04-2013 10:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And there it is.

If you will recall, no True Christian believes anyone can come to believe in the Christ unless God makes it happen. Remember our conversation where I pointed out that the false christians tried to force people to believe by burning them alive? Therefore I did not figure anything out by myself and therefore see no basis for arrogance in any way. In fact this simple truth is quite humbling to one's character. I apologize if I have come across as smug. Besides, it's not fair that you accuse someone of arrogance just because they know something. Just as it would be wrong of me to think I was better than you, just because you don't know something I know.

Quote: it's not fair that you accuse someone of arrogance just because they know something.

We'll have to qualify this statement. You believe something. You don't "know" anything.

I forgive you for acting smug. (christlike, no?)

I get the whole revelation thing. I've been there. Maybe not exactly like your experience, I can't say because I don't know you. I've heard alot of christians say (including myself in the past) that you'll never understand until he decides to show himself to you. What you fail to realize is just how subjective a personal experience can be, and how powerful the experience of the mind is. Take a moment to watch, please.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 10:58 PM
(19-04-2013 10:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Whenever I've wavered or wondered if I was wrong about god -- I come back to those words...I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That whole self-righteous crap some Christians spew. It's not even all of them -- just a deranged few.

If you're hearing the words, I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That is not God talking to you. That's the devil.

Most recently, I heard it from you. ironic huh. Guess you're the devil.

Shoo fly

19-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Momsurroundedbyboys, you did the entirety of 19th Ave. from the park to SF State and only got caught by one red light. I do not believe it. The only time I came close to this, I may actually once have made all the lights, was going back to the Peninsula at 1:00, 2:00 or 3:00 am after screwing my then girlfriend in Marin. I simply cannot believe it.

One also has to ask which street was it. If it was Lincoln than you are cheating somewhat because if you can start out on the green there with no traffic and drive with knowledge there is a much better chance.

Obscure San Francisco knowledge for those who wonder WTF are they talking about.

And, one who knows 19th Ave. might be able to make the argument that getting caught by a red only once on it could be proof of a divine force.
19-04-2013, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 11:30 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(19-04-2013 10:32 AM)childeye Wrote:  Of course I realize that you thought you believed in Christ. I've met many people just like you and many still think they believe.

[quote='childeye' pid='294046' dateline='1366399433']
I don't see why I should take note if you know scripture or if you have read the bible even a thousand times. That means nothing to a real Christian.
[/quote

Yes

19-04-2013, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 11:34 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(19-04-2013 10:59 PM)JAH Wrote:  Momsurroundedbyboys, you did the entirety of 19th Ave. from the park to SF State and only got caught by one red light. I do not believe it. The only time I came close to this, I may actually once have made all the lights, was going back to the Peninsula at 1:00, 2:00 or 3:00 am after screwing my then girlfriend in Marin. I simply cannot believe it.

One also has to ask which street was it. If it was Lincoln than you are cheating somewhat because if you can start out on the green there with no traffic and drive with knowledge there is a much better chance.

Obscure San Francisco knowledge for those who wonder WTF are they talking about.

And, one who knows 19th Ave. might be able to make the argument that getting caught by a red only once on it could be proof of a divine force.

We actually did it a couple times. Lol. We were lucky. Most times not too much. That one time he was on the way to the hospital to see me (waiting for our kid to be born) we couldn't decide on a middle name. He walked through the door of my room and announced he had the name. He said what happened and I got scared. Lmao. Wawona....taravel...Octavia..

But I got lucky. The red light was Lawton.

When we told our family...they all said "well you can always change it".

Yea not many people would get such an obscure reference.

And yea most times we'd hit every red light...lmao.

We're going there in a couple months...we'll try it again! Lmao

19-04-2013, 11:28 PM
(19-04-2013 10:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  If you're hearing the words, I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That is not God talking to you. That's the devil.

Most recently, I heard it from you. ironic huh. Guess you're the devil.

Shoo fly
I never said that to you, nor would I. Let me put it this way. If I think you are a person that would stab me in the back and that is what I was believing, it says more about me than it does you. Likwise when you see the Christ and don't believe God is like that, it says more about you than it does about Him.