the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 11:49 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: the God term

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 12:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2013, 11:39 PM
(19-04-2013 10:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  If you're hearing the words, I didn't want it enough, I didn't believe enough, I did something wrong. That is not God talking to you. That's the devil. I never said that to you, nor would I. Let me put it this way. If I think you are a person that would stab me in the back and that is what I was believing, it says more about me than it does you. Likwise when you see the Christ and don't believe God is like that, it says more about you than it does about Him.

Most recently, I heard it from you. ironic huh. Guess you're the devil.

Shoo fly

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 12:03 AM by childeye.)
(19-04-2013 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  If you will recall, no True Christian believes anyone can come to believe in the Christ unless God makes it happen. Remember our conversation where I pointed out that the false christians tried to force people to believe by burning them alive? Therefore I did not figure anything out by myself and therefore see no basis for arrogance in any way. In fact this simple truth is quite humbling to one's character. I apologize if I have come across as smug. Besides, it's not fair that you accuse someone of arrogance just because they know something. Just as it would be wrong of me to think I was better than you, just because you don't know something I know.

Quote: it's not fair that you accuse someone of arrogance just because they know something.

We'll have to qualify this statement. You believe something. You don't "know" anything.

I forgive you for acting smug. (christlike, no?)

I get the whole revelation thing. I've been there. Maybe not exactly like your experience, I can't say because I don't know you. I've heard alot of christians say (including myself in the past) that you'll never understand until he decides to show himself to you. What you fail to realize is just how subjective a personal experience can be, and how powerful the experience of the mind is. Take a moment to watch, please.

That was Interesting. Excellent proof of God. This is hypnosis. Apart from what most people think, we do not have freewills. Our emotions are triggered by what we believe to be true. Hence you can fool the brain into believing something that is not real and trigger the emotions necessary so as to manipulate people. That is exactly what we see in the story of the serpent and Adam and Eve. She was beguiled and was deceived after this same manner. The first lie ever sown into the subconscious of mankind is that God is a liar and is keeping us down so that He could be worshipped as God. That is why the belief in Christ reverses that false image of god that was sown by the devil. For the devils false inage of god is one that sacrifices others to save himself while the One True Image of God sacrifices Himself to save others. That is why I told you what a Christ is. The One True Image of God sent by God that sets a person free from the lie that is the corruption of mankind. Therefore also the Truth can set one free. That is why scripture says that Christ came to destroy the works of the devil. Also that Christ erased the enmity that was between man and God. There are many things I could say about this subject. Thank you. Great Post.
19-04-2013, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 05:38 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We'll have to qualify this statement. You believe something. You don't "know" anything.

I get the whole revelation thing. I've been there. Maybe not exactly like your experience, I can't say because I don't know you. I've heard alot of christians say (including myself in the past) that you'll never understand until he decides to show himself to you. What you fail to realize is just how subjective a personal experience can be, and how powerful the experience of the mind is. Take a moment to watch, please.

That was Interesting. Excellent proof of God. This is hypnosis. Apart from what most people think, we do not have freewills. Our emotions are triggered by what we believe to be true. Hence you can fool the brain into believing something that is not real and trigger the emotions necessary so as to manipulate people. That is exactly what we see in the story of the serpent and Adam and Eve. She was beguiled and was deceived after this manner. The first lie ever sown into the subconscious is that God is a liar and is keeping us down so that He could be worshipped as God. That is why the belief in Christ reverses that false image of god that was sown by the devil. For the devils false inage of god is one that sacrifices others to save himself while the One True Image of God sacrifices Himself to save others. That is why I told you what a Christ is. The One True Image of God sent by God that sets a person free from the lie that is the corruption of mankind. Therefore also the Truth can set one free. Christ is not a placebo. There are many things I could say about this subject.

LOL. Good one.
The only trouble is human nature has not changed one iota since all religion started preaching ther crap.
And BTW, you certainly know that the Garden Myth was just that. There was no Adam and no Eve, and no serpent, and no devil. It's all a literary myth system, taken from the Babylonians. Much of it word for word. Abraham also has been proven to be (archeologically impossible) to be a myth also.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-04-2013, 12:01 AM
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many things I could say about this subject.

And they'd all be twisted truths and outright lies.

Shoo fly

20-04-2013, 12:04 AM
(20-04-2013 12:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many things I could say about this subject.

And they'd all be twisted truths and outright lies.

Shoo fly
So you think Love is a lie? I think it's the Truth.
20-04-2013, 12:06 AM
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We'll have to qualify this statement. You believe something. You don't "know" anything.

That was Interesting. Excellent proof of God. This is hypnosis. Apart from what most people think, we do not have freewills. Our emotions are triggered by what we believe to be true. Hence you can fool the brain into believing something that is not real and trigger the emotions necessary so as to manipulate people. That is exactly what we see in the story of the serpent and Adam and Eve. She was beguiled and was deceived after this same manner. The first lie ever sown into the subconscious of mankind is that God is a liar and is keeping us down so that He could be worshipped as God. That is why the belief in Christ reverses that false image of god that was sown by the devil. For the devils false inage of god is one that sacrifices others to save himself while the One True Image of God sacrifices Himself to save others. That is why I told you what a Christ is. The One True Image of God sent by God that sets a person free from the lie that is the corruption of mankind. Therefore also the Truth can set one free. Christ is not a placebo. There are many things I could say about this subject.

Hypnosis is proof of god! I thought it was supposed to be through the taint.

The serpent and Adam and Eve.....do I really have to go back to where you were lambasting the bible for being written by man? You at times claim to be above "traditional christianity", yet use this for an argument?

Answer honestly:

How old is the earth?
Is evolution as Darwin proposed an acceptable approach to the natural world?
Can you really eat a shrimp without going to hell?
Are you not a goon?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-04-2013, 12:15 AM
(20-04-2013 12:04 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 12:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And they'd all be twisted truths and outright lies.

Shoo fly
So you think Love is a lie? I think it's the Truth.

No I think you're a liar. I especially enjoy how you ignore what you don't want to see.

Shoo fly

20-04-2013, 12:31 AM
What happened? We were talking about taint tickling and now the conversation got off-topic with Blindeyes spouting off some weird shit about love and God.

Let's get back on-topic with the taints.

[Image: giphy.gif]