the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 06:47 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: the God term
(20-04-2013 12:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Answer honestly:

How old is the earth?
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  Don't know.

Notice here that thirdeyeblind doesn't say "Geologists have dated planet Earth to be approximately 4.6 billion years". The reason for this is that thirdeyeblind doesn't believe (he's a non-believer of sorts) anyone other than himself. He, along with his ilk, casually toss aside the work of thousands of our brightest minds over generations. This is why arguing with thirdeyeblind is a fool's quest, entertaining sometimes, but eventually fruitless.

When asked if he has persued an education he readily, almost triumphantly, declares "I haven't got the time". If there is one thing that baffles me is how proudly this prosyletizer displays his lack of education and basic understanding of not just accumulated scientific knowledge but also of his own dogma. "Look at me! Look at me!" he cries. "I am clueless but you must listen". It is like watching a car wreck in slow motion, you know it ends badly but you can't turn away.

The mind reels.

And so we entertain ourselves by seeing just how whacky his ideas are, like we have with those that have come before him. For me, he personifies every reason I ever had for de-converting.

Go ahead, thirdeyeblind, ye who has been annointed with the "Truth" over all others, tell me more of your delusions and half-baked ideas, your unsupported and anecdotal feel-good stories in your holier-than-thou yet humble messenger of God façade. I'm all...SQUIRREL!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
20-04-2013, 06:45 AM
website glitches...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-04-2013, 07:55 AM
But he's a True Christian ™ ! I know this because he says so. Only True Christians ™ claim to be True Christians ™ so there's no possibility of error.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-04-2013, 08:35 AM
(20-04-2013 06:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  Our emotions are triggered by what we believe to be true. Hence you can fool the brain into believing something that is not real and trigger the emotions necessary so as to manipulate people.

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

To all my bretheren here, you are debating using logic with a birdbrain. How does that sig go I've seen someone use here?

Debating theists is like playing chess with a pigeon, you can be a Grand Master but the pigeon just walks around knocking pieces down, shits on the board and then flies off.

Now, getting back to the important issue at hand, is it better to use a feather or the whole chicken to tickle the taint?

Depends, is it a live chicken?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-04-2013, 09:13 AM
All these ancient paradigms he uses to explain the world he sees and experiences to himself. Devils, gods, sacrifices ... bla bla bla.
It's like trying to tell an Alchemist why he has no place any longer as a "professional".
I mean, at least we could catch up to the 19th Century.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-04-2013, 09:13 AM
All these ancient paradigms he uses to explain the world he sees and experiences to himself. Devils, gods, sacrifices ... bla bla bla.
It's like trying to tell an Alchemist why he has no place any longer as a "professional".
I mean, at least we could catch up to the 19th Century.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-04-2013, 09:17 AM
(20-04-2013 08:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 06:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

To all my bretheren here, you are debating using logic with a birdbrain. How does that sig go I've seen someone use here?

Debating theists is like playing chess with a pigeon, you can be a Grand Master but the pigeon just walks around knocking pieces down, shits on the board and then flies off.

Now, getting back to the important issue at hand, is it better to use a feather or the whole chicken to tickle the taint?

Depends, is it a live chicken?

Ostrich, live, and angry. No True Scotsman would have it any other way.

No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.

No True Scotsman

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-04-2013, 11:01 AM
(20-04-2013 01:08 AM)JAH Wrote:  Momsurroundedbyboys, now I have to ask which hospital, in all probability it would have been going north on 19th because south makes no sense. Was it Children's on California, that is where both my children, sons, were born. My wife knows your pain as such.

Again for those who wonder, obscure San Francisco knowledge. In that one would be hard pressed to think of a hospital that one would go south on 19th Ave. to get to.

Yes, none of this has anything to do with a god it does have much to do with life which demands a rejection of the notion of god and an acceptance of death.

I might also ask why if you have to visit, you went away. I have traveled through much of the developed world and with rare exception I cannot think of a better place to live. I will happily die here.

We were living in south city at the time. Kiddo was born at the old Children's hospital (my water broke at 27 or so weeks -- it was the only place in the area with a decent NICU. Had we lived further down the peninsula they probably would have sent me to Stanford.)

You are totally on the same page with my husband. He wants to return to the Bay Area as soon as we can. We were both Natives -- at least to California. We both grew up in South City.

We honestly got tired of housing prices, traffic, cost of living...Don't get me started on the schools.

When our 1100 sqft home in the fog was worth a half million dollars my husband decided it was time to go. We really needed a bigger home and we couldn't afford anything....Unless we moved outside the bay area and went to live in hells kitchen of Davis or something like that (which we didn't want to do -- it wasn't even part of the discussion).

We put our home on the market on a Monday and it was sold the following week. Well over our asking price (we had like 8 offers). We came to Oregon found a home we liked in a day and moved as soon as our oldest kid was finished with school. This was 2004.

He wants to move back to the bay area. So we're talking about when the youngest is finished with school or something else happens (like his mom dying -- who followed us up here or something like that).

I dunno. I would rather live here and travel. My husband has decided he'd rather forgo travel and live in an area that makes him happy. But we both seriously regret leaving. Hopefully we will return and not just for a visit.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey childeye can I ask you something?

According to John 3:17, "But whoever has the world’s possessions and sees his fellow Christian in need and shuts off his compassion against him, how can the love of God reside in such a person?"

So, there are people in Africa who are Christian and who are in dire need of shit, and yet here you are on your $1,000 computer, using your pay monthly internet, living in a couple hundred thousand dollar house, or couple hundred dollars a week in rent or mortgage, with your however much car etc...

So how can you lecture us about love and god when John said it very clear that people with possessions who do not help those in need, such as yourself, cannot possible have the love of god reside in them??
Who are you to lecture us when you yourself know nothing of the love of god?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Oh no, who are you to interpret the bible at him? Jesus clearly didn't mean that. You're taking it out of context! You need to pray for revelation! Revelation comes from love. Love is in all things. Love is in your butt! Love your butt!

Anyway, only True Christians ™ can interpret the bible correctly, and the fact that you're not one is easily seen by the fact that you aren't called ChildEye. QED.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post