the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: the God term
(20-04-2013 01:32 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 01:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Since you refuse to acknowledge this I'll repost it.

Here's where YOU said those things to me...

As you can see..ya you did.

Fucking shoo fly
I guess you could say I implied you did something wrong. But I did not mean it so as to cast blame. I just meant I think you are not believing in the right thing about the Christ. I see a divine Love on the cross, that is what I believe in.

Uh huh. See again....you're saying that I just didn't believe right....

You make an assumption based on nothing that I'm the one who failed. But really it was the evidence or lack of it, that actually failed. Your words about god is love and the true christian are so full of arrogance it's almost horrifying. You believe your doing it all the right way. And most importantly ONLY YOU could possibly know the truth. At least you seem to think you do.

Shoo fly.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2013, 11:21 AM
(20-04-2013 11:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey childeye can I ask you something?

According to John 3:17, "But whoever has the world’s possessions and sees his fellow Christian in need and shuts off his compassion against him, how can the love of God reside in such a person?"

So, there are people in Africa who are Christian and who are in dire need of shit, and yet here you are on your $1,000 computer, using your pay monthly internet, living in a couple hundred thousand dollar house, or couple hundred dollars a week in rent or mortgage, with your however much car etc...

So how can you lecture us about love and god when John said it very clear that people with possessions who do not help those in need, such as yourself, cannot possible have the love of god reside in them??
Who are you to lecture us when you yourself know nothing of the love of god?

A'int you ever heard of a parable? Well neither has Kiddypeeps.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Touche my fellow south african co-forumer, touche indeed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-04-2013, 11:51 AM
(20-04-2013 08:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Depends, is it a live chicken?

You of all people should know that only live chickens are used for taint tickling! I mean who in their right fucking mind would use a dead one...jeesh. Dead chicken my ass....hummConsider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-04-2013, 12:39 PM
(20-04-2013 11:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Depends, is it a live chicken?

You of all people should know that only live chickens are used for taint tickling! I mean who in their right fucking mind would use a dead one...jeesh. Dead chicken my ass....hummConsider

Correct. The dead ones I use on my ass. Now, for the cock.... Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
20-04-2013, 01:54 PM
(20-04-2013 01:35 AM)JAH Wrote:  childeye, do you not ever wonder if you can define god as "love" cannot I define god as "hate" as often occurs in the OT. I suggest this because I have been aware for longer than you have lived that "god" is a human construct. If you allow yourself to define god does that not make it your construct.

Everyone has to make a construct of right and wrong. I don't see how that is avoidable. What we construct will determine our moral character. That does not preclude the existence of Love and moral Truth.

Quote:Not that love for ones fellows no matter what is a wrong way to believe. I would point out and meant to many pages ago that love for ones fellows is not often followed by humans. If it was so the incidence of poverty and suffering in the world would be sharply reduced. If there was a god with love directing human life this would not be the case.
But you have excluded vanity from your construct. If people stopped believing in Love as a moral imperative, then of course we would expect to see distrust, greed, envy, etc...

Quote:One must look at the results of "gods" actions. If they conflict with your construct of "god" might that imply that there is not such entity.
Yes it certainly would which is what I said above.

Quote:If "god" simply observes and demands certain things from its adherents what might that indicate about its existence.
I observe and demand certain things from my children yet I exist. Respectfully, the word if makes this question a hypothetica scenariol. I believe God is active in the creation but vanity usurps what is His, hence there is iniquity.
20-04-2013, 03:13 PM
20-04-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 07:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-04-2013 03:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  You cannot reason upon what is not true and then count the ourcome credible. God and religion are not the same. Moreover you misunderstand what Jesus means by fulfilling the law of religion. He means he will transcend it.

You made that up. You have no clue what Jebus meant. You make up shit to suit yourself. He meant what he said, not what you say he meant, when he said it.

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  No I don't know that. I know what God has shown me.

And it's delusional.

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  Therefore respectfully, all I am saying is that the moral absolute is Love and of this I am sure. All of my responses on this forum are reasoned upon that absolute Truth.

And it's meaningless, as has been shown to you. Nothing is the truth because you say so. Believers have believed false crap for millennia. Belief is no guarantee of truth.

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  He laid down his life and forgave those who crucified him saying "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do". That looks divine, sounds divine to me.

No he didn't. He was executed, as he was a common crook. He did not say that. The quote was placed in his mouth as a literary device. YOU said you can't prove god by the Bible. And guess who's doing it now ?? YOU. Weeping

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  As a True Christian, it would grieve the Holy Spirit in me to go read up on whether someone said he is divine or not. That isn't the point of why a True Christian believes. We simply believe that Love is Eternal and that it is the spirit of God.

Irrelevant. Every believer they they are the "true Christian". You are no different. It's the No True Scotsman fallacy, again. I don't care what you believe. It makes no difference. Youhave made no case here. Only preached, like a mad man. No one has changed their mind. You're wasting your life and your time. All Christians think they are the "true" variety. There ate 30,000 + varieties. That a whole bunch-a-truths, ya got there, ChildishPopeMan.

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  Then why did you keep lumping True Christians who believe that only God can draw a man to the Christ with the religious who try to force people to believe? That is an equivocation fallacy.

No it isn't. Take a Logoc course. Just because you think something is false, does not make it that fallacy. Have you graduated from High School ?

You don't "perturb me". I would care if you showed even a spark of intelligence. I just point out your shit for the guests who read the garbage you write.
You expose religionists for the illogical ignorants they are. You are useful. That's all.

(20-04-2013 12:48 AM)childeye Wrote:  Blame Phaedrus, he taught me.

You are responsible for what you write. Nice try to shift the blame.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Re: the God term
He uses "equivocation fallacy" the way a ten year old uses a new swearword: inappropriately and incessantly, without the least clue what it means.
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post
20-04-2013, 04:48 PM
(15-04-2013 10:13 AM)childeye Wrote:  As a Christian, I often wonder what definition an atheist applies to the term god so as to not be able to believe in the existence of such. So How does and Atheist define god?

An atheist defines god by what theology tells us about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attributes_...ristianity

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp