the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 09:50 AM
RE: the God term
(21-04-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 11:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey childeye can I ask you something?

According to John 3:17, "But whoever has the world’s possessions and sees his fellow Christian in need and shuts off his compassion against him, how can the love of God reside in such a person?"

So, there are people in Africa who are Christian and who are in dire need of shit, and yet here you are on your $1,000 computer, using your pay monthly internet, living in a couple hundred thousand dollar house, or couple hundred dollars a week in rent or mortgage, with your however much car etc...

So how can you lecture us about love and god when John said it very clear that people with possessions who do not help those in need, such as yourself, cannot possible have the love of god reside in them??
Who are you to lecture us when you yourself know nothing of the love of god?
I commend you Sir for the question you have posed, but respectfully you are in error. I have not lectured anyone saying they don't know the Love of God. I have been saying they just don't recognize this love as God.

Irrelevant.
The point was that to you: love = god, god = love.
But, as that bible verse clearly states, you cannot possible know love.

So again, why should we listen to you even when your own dogma is working against you?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 09:52 AM
bump Censored

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Bbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmppppppp!!!!!!!!!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-04-2013, 09:54 AM
(21-04-2013 09:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  bump Censored

Jinx! Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-04-2013, 09:55 AM
*random spam*

21-04-2013, 09:56 AM
(20-04-2013 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 04:48 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  An atheist defines god by what theology tells us about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attributes_...ristianity

There is no coherent definition. At all. That's why many of us are igtheists.
And for sure a god is not a human emotion, ("love"), no matter what Childish says.
I know. I know. I'll spare you the effort.
"It's the equivication falacy". Weeping
I disagree. Morally speaking God is Love. This does not mean that I have described every facet of what the term God would entail, by any means. Moreover, you simply claim for sure that god is not a human emotion and with what evidence? If I may submit an indicator of what is true. That any moral reasoning that ends in hypocrisy has been based upon a lie, a deception, a delusion a dishonesty, and so on and so forth.
21-04-2013, 10:00 AM
(21-04-2013 09:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no coherent definition. At all. That's why many of us are igtheists.
And for sure a god is not a human emotion, ("love"), no matter what Childish says.
I disagree. Morally speaking God is Love. This does not mean that I have described every facet of what the term God would entail, by any means. Moreover, you simply claim for sure that god is not a human emotion and with what evidence? If I may submit an indicator of what is true. That any moral reasoning that ends in hypocrisy has been based upon a lie, a deception, a delusion a dishonesty, and so on and so forth.

No Morally Speaking Love is Love. God is a construct and an unnecessary one at that. Try again and this time show your work on the page.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-04-2013, 10:05 AM
(21-04-2013 09:56 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no coherent definition. At all. That's why many of us are igtheists.

I suppose you don't want to address the hypocrisy charge I made here:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid295212
21-04-2013, 10:16 AM
(21-04-2013 09:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  I commend you Sir for the question you have posed, but respectfully you are in error. I have not lectured anyone saying they don't know the Love of God. I have been saying they just don't recognize this love as God.

Irrelevant.

So again, why should we listen to you even when your own dogma is working against you?
Again you misunderstand. Yes God equals Love particularly when describing that Love as empathy, wherein you have proposed the ultimate scenario. This does not mean I do not know love nor that you don't know Love. Indeed one who knows Love does those things that Love requires. Forgive me for saying, but this does not appear to be about the term God anymore. Respectfully, I would ask if you think it is fair that you are proposing barriers for me that you do not pose for your self as justification to either be listened to or ignored? Accordingly we are approaching personal areas of discourse that will ultimately cast guilt and will only end up demeaning us both.
21-04-2013, 10:23 AM
(21-04-2013 10:16 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 09:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Irrelevant.

Again you misunderstand. Yes God equals Love particularly when describing that Love as empathy, wherein you have proposed the ultimate scenario. This does not mean I do not know love nor that you don't know Love. Indeed one who knows Love does those things that Love requires. Forgive me for saying, but this does not appear to be about the term God anymore. Respectfully, I would ask if you think it is fair that you are proposing barriers for me that you do not pose for your self as justification to either be listened to or ignored? Accordingly we are approaching personal areas of discourse that will ultimately cast guilt and will only end up demeaning us both.

Of course it's about the term God.
You say love = god.
I say you don't know love, according to god. So how can you say that love is = to god when that god is saying that you don't know love. Effectively, your god is saying you don't know what he is. Yet you are trying to preach to us what he is...
You see the situation here?
And what barriers? We are both restricted by the same barrier, if we both say something we must have proof to back it up. I have provided my proof, the bible verse, and as such I can make my conclusion because I have the evidence to back it up.
Where's your evidence to the contrary?