the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: the God term
(21-04-2013 03:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 02:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  I submit that even to this day the spirit of cannibalism is going on even now as some die so others may grow rich.

Wait! Didn't you claim the opposite a few pages back? Or tried to say that Earmuffs was wrong in his interpretation?

Shoo fly
No.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 03:28 PM
(21-04-2013 03:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 03:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A vapid statement, with no real meaning and only an attempt at depth by a shallow pool.

brilliantly stated!

Big Grin Thanks I do try.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I love when Christians doesn't realize the difference between God and god (notice the capitalized G, hence a name).

God is the name of the guy believed to be the supreme ruler in a few religions.
Gods are supernatural beings, linked to religion.
21-04-2013, 03:31 PM
(21-04-2013 03:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 02:47 PM)childeye Wrote:  I understand what you mean. I do not dabble in wordplay as you suggest. I am simply saying I don't know when I don't know. The scientists you quote are estimating which by definition means they estimate but do not know as a certainty.
Let me ask you this. For what purpose do you personally find this knowledge of value?

Yes you do dabble in wordplay.

I think you are either hiding as a Young-Earth believer when you say you don't know the age of the Earth, or you write speeches for Marco Rubio.

When geologist tell you the Earth is 4.54 billion years old, within 1% accuracy I'd say that falls in the WE'RE PRETTY FUCKING SURE column. (The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%)

I, unlike you apparently, value all knowledge. It helps paint a clearer picture of where we fit in the scope of the universe without resorting to woo like you do.
I value knowledge too. I'm selective as to what is important to know that's all.

A man came out of the jungle into the village. And when the natives noticed him, he made the universal gesture of peace. "Ooga Booga", they cried. "Kill him because he is trying to woo us".
21-04-2013, 03:33 PM
(21-04-2013 03:29 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I love when Christians doesn't realize the difference between God and god (notice the capitalized G, hence a name).

I capitalize the G so as to denote the absolute and draw the distinction from false gods.
21-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(21-04-2013 03:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 03:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yes you do dabble in wordplay.

I think you are either hiding as a Young-Earth believer when you say you don't know the age of the Earth, or you write speeches for Marco Rubio.

When geologist tell you the Earth is 4.54 billion years old, within 1% accuracy I'd say that falls in the WE'RE PRETTY FUCKING SURE column. (The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%)

I, unlike you apparently, value all knowledge. It helps paint a clearer picture of where we fit in the scope of the universe without resorting to woo like you do.
I value knowledge too. I'm selective as to what is important to know that's all.

A man came out of the jungle into the village. And when the natives noticed him, he made the universal gesture of peace. "Ooga Booga", they cried. "Kill him because he is trying to woo us".

And you don't think knowledge regarding our home planet qualifies as important? You're serious aren't you? WeepingLaughat

The term is "snu snu" not Ooga Booga.

Two men were trapped on an island of savages. The chief gives them a choice. You may choose "snu snu" or you may choose death. The first man chooses snu snu.
Several large savages take him and rape him violently. Afterwards, the man is free to go. The second man decides he'll choose death.
The chief smiles and yells out "death by snu snu!"

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(21-04-2013 03:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 03:29 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I love when Christians doesn't realize the difference between God and god (notice the capitalized G, hence a name).

I capitalize the G so as to denote the absolute and draw the distinction from false gods.

Yet you fail to draw such a distinction, mainly because there is no distinction between Zeus, Allah, Yahweh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (hallowed be his meatballs), Vishnu, The Celestial Bureaucracy, Odin, Captain America, Kal-el aka Superman, and any other of the hundreds of thousands of other mythical fictitious characters.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 03:44 PM
A bunch of poor kids are playing guns in the sandlot, using sticks, when over comes Richie Dick with his slicked-back hair, rosy cheeks, a certain look in the eye... an easy smile...

Says he's got a bright shiny new toy. Says it is wonderful, and full of joy. But when the kids gather round empty are his hands. Richie Dick the certain prick says sorry, kids, you wouldn't understand.

Would you pick up a stick, Richie Dick, and join in the fray?
Of course not, you blighted sot, but for your soul, I'll pray.

That's what we got here. Either he is total sincere, or total troll, but either way, he's a total douchebag.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-04-2013, 03:45 PM
(21-04-2013 02:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Now to Me (and I would assume You as well since you seem to share the same culture as I do for the most part) none of those reasons would be sufficient for me to commit such an act but I could understand why the hypothetical Canibal would not see his act as immoral.
This is what I am getting at. You essentially are saying that you personally would not see eating someone elses child as immoral. My next question: Is it because it is unacceptable in our society that you feel this way?
21-04-2013, 03:47 PM
(21-04-2013 03:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 03:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  I capitalize the G so as to denote the absolute and draw the distinction from false gods.

Yet you fail to draw such a distinction, mainly because there is no distinction between Zeus, Allah, Yahweh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (hallowed be his meatballs), Vishnu, The Celestial Bureaucracy, Odin, Captain America, Kal-el aka Superman, and any other of the hundreds of thousands of other mythical fictitious characters.

"Man of Steel" is coming out to a theatre near you soon! Praise be Kal-el!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post