the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: the God term

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 06:32 PM
bumpitybumpbump

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 06:35 PM
(21-04-2013 06:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  If you had no other source of food for your own survival, would you consider it morally okay to kill a child and eat it?

Interesting quoting considering I explained what that situation was and gave my opinions on it in the section you cut out. Lifeboat rules are the exception to societal rules and in a situation where the child is most likely going to die a slow horrible death of starvation then yes a quick painless death is far more moral and if you are at that point then cannibalism of the child can be understood.
If we were both starving and I killed myself to give you something to eat would you Love me?
21-04-2013, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 06:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-04-2013, 06:40 PM
(21-04-2013 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  [quote]ChildishOneTruthHolderButDumberThanDogShitAnyway. Tongue
Okay, you got me here. I can barely type I am laughing so hard. Can't stop laughing. Ohhh, that's funny or i'm tired.
21-04-2013, 06:44 PM
(21-04-2013 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ChildishOneTruthHolderButDumberThanDogShitAnyway. Tongue
Still laughing.
21-04-2013, 06:44 PM
(21-04-2013 06:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 05:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Absolutely depends on whose life and in what circumstances. Subjective. It does not reflect on my morality or empathy. If you would gladly give your life for someone else regardless of the circumstances, then I would call you a fool.

If a person would give their life for a heroin addict who is on the verge of death anyway, and is offering no positive effect for anyone else, and leave behind their family whose livelihood completely depends on them, I would say that they made an immoral choice. And then I would eat the baby.
So you would kill a heroin addict and eat the corpse to survive?

Well, actually I was saying that I would not give my life to save a heroin addict with no positive contribution to society, especially if it meant that my family would be left without any means of support.

Then I said that if someone was to do that, I would eat the baby of said family left in dire straits, if I had a hankering for a snack.

Quote:If we were both starving and I killed myself to give you something to eat would you Love me?

I would love it that you gave your life so that I might live. But I wouldn't worship you as a deity. I would also probably wonder why we didn't at least make the situation interesting and have a cage match to the death.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-04-2013, 06:45 PM
(21-04-2013 06:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Interesting quoting considering I explained what that situation was and gave my opinions on it in the section you cut out. Lifeboat rules are the exception to societal rules and in a situation where the child is most likely going to die a slow horrible death of starvation then yes a quick painless death is far more moral and if you are at that point then cannibalism of the child can be understood.
If we were both starving and I killed myself to give you something to eat would you Love me?

Thats a tough question because the answer is complicated. I don't know how I would feel in such a situation to be completely honest. Most people that have been in such a situation end up with what's known as survivors guilt and usually either commit suicide or descend into alcohol or other substance abuse. The over ridding emotion is guilt not love.

21-04-2013, 06:54 PM
(21-04-2013 06:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='295573' dateline='1366589575']

Quote:I would love it that you gave your life so that I might live.
Yes, but I asked would you love me? Go ahead and say it. You would, wouldn't you?

Quote: I would also probably wonder why we didn't at least make the situation interesting and have a cage match to the death.
Then I'd first kick your ass and then kill myself so you could EAT MEEEE!!!
21-04-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 07:04 PM by childeye.)
(21-04-2013 06:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  If we were both starving and I killed myself to give you something to eat would you Love me?

Thats a tough question because the answer is complicated. I don't know how I would feel in such a situation to be completely honest. Most people that have been in such a situation end up with what's known as survivors guilt and usually either commit suicide or descend into alcohol or other substance abuse. The over ridding emotion is guilt not love.
First off you skiipped answering the question. Second, the guilt is there based upon Love. Without Love there can be no guilt because without Love you don't even care.