the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: the God term
(21-04-2013 06:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  If we were both starving and I killed myself to give you something to eat would you Love me?

Thats a tough question because the answer is complicated. I don't know how I would feel in such a situation to be completely honest. Most people that have been in such a situation end up with what's known as survivors guilt and usually either commit suicide or descend into alcohol or other substance abuse. The over ridding emotion is guilt not love.

Okay, this is a much better answer than I gave. But I haven't had dinner yet so again the answer is still subjective.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-04-2013, 06:59 PM
biggitybiggitybiggitybump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-04-2013, 06:59 PM
wrong button
21-04-2013, 07:03 PM

~ Umberto Eco
21-04-2013, 07:08 PM
(21-04-2013 06:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  wrong button

If god is love then you are an atheist in denial.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
21-04-2013, 07:10 PM
(21-04-2013 06:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Thats a tough question because the answer is complicated. I don't know how I would feel in such a situation to be completely honest. Most people that have been in such a situation end up with what's known as survivors guilt and usually either commit suicide or descend into alcohol or other substance abuse. The over ridding emotion is guilt not love.
First off you skiipped answering the question. Second, the guilt is there based upon Love. Without Love there can be no guilt because without Love you don't even care.

There is a grain of truth here. If you were to sacrifice you life for mine I would feel grateful and would love you for doing so. However the rest of my statement still stands and for the record lifeboat morality is a poor case to make.

2 more pages of fluff guys we can do it Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 07:10 PM
(21-04-2013 06:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Thats a tough question because the answer is complicated. I don't know how I would feel in such a situation to be completely honest. Most people that have been in such a situation end up with what's known as survivors guilt and usually either commit suicide or descend into alcohol or other substance abuse. The over ridding emotion is guilt not love.

Okay, this is a much better answer than I gave. But I haven't had dinner yet so again the answer is still subjective.

HAHAHAHAawwwmanHAHAHAHA

*make note I didn't read anything but these two posts including what ChildMan wrote.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-04-2013, 07:13 PM
(21-04-2013 07:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes, but I asked would you love me? Go ahead and say it. You would, wouldn't you?

Then I'd first kick your ass and then kill myself so you could EAT MEEEE!!!

Now you're getting into the swing of things. Okay, I'd love you. But I'm a big sap anyway. I generally love all people, no matter their delusions or personalities. I'm very forgiving and understanding of the human condition. I wouldn't love you or not based upon your sacrifice, probably more because of it. Still doesn't say anything about the existence of god.
Fine, but this is what the Christ is saying EAT MEEEE. I have eaten him and so I love him. Hence I don't worship God like the religious butt kissers do. That is what Love does, makes more love and why Love rules. So when I say I know Christ, I am saying I know the Spirit that would sacrifice one's self for another. So quite thinking I'm an ignorant sap just because I believe and cherish that Spirit.
21-04-2013, 07:18 PM
(21-04-2013 07:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now you're getting into the swing of things. Okay, I'd love you. But I'm a big sap anyway. I generally love all people, no matter their delusions or personalities. I'm very forgiving and understanding of the human condition. I wouldn't love you or not based upon your sacrifice, probably more because of it. Still doesn't say anything about the existence of god.
Fine, but this is what the Christ is saying EAT MEEEE. I have eaten him and so I love him. Hence I don't worship God like the religious butt kissers do. That is what Love does, makes more love and why Love rules. So when I say I know Christ, I am saying I know the Spirit that would sacrifice one's self for another. So quite thinking I'm an ignorant sap just because I believe and cherish that Spirit.

You're ignorant not because you believe and cherish that spirit, but because you post ignorant things and are quite happy in remaining so.

And if you died, and I were needing sustenance in order to live, I'd give you a bath first before roasting you on a flame. I mean, cooking only does so much, one has to clean ones food before eating it.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
21-04-2013, 07:19 PM
(21-04-2013 07:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now you're getting into the swing of things. Okay, I'd love you. But I'm a big sap anyway. I generally love all people, no matter their delusions or personalities. I'm very forgiving and understanding of the human condition. I wouldn't love you or not based upon your sacrifice, probably more because of it. Still doesn't say anything about the existence of god.

Yes "quite" thinking he's ignorant, you just "quite" that. Quite that right now. Weeping

So now he's saying Jebus said "bite me" ??
Wow. Just wow. Is that a missing verse from a gospel ?
"Yeah verily I sayeth unto thee. Biteth me."
(One of the missing verses from Q, no doubt.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post