the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: the God term
(21-04-2013 07:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  Fine, but this is what the Christ is saying EAT MEEEE. I have eaten him and so I love him. Hence I don't worship God like the religious butt kissers do. That is what Love does, makes more love and why Love rules. So when I say I know Christ, I am saying I know the Spirit that would sacrifice one's self for another. So quite thinking I'm an ignorant sap just because I believe and cherish that Spirit.

Yes "quite" thinking he's ignorant, you just "quite" that. Quite that right now. Weeping

So now he's saying Jebus said "bite me" ??
Wow. Just wow. Is that a missing verse from a gospel ?
"Yeah verily I sayeth unto thee. Biteth me."
(One of the missing verses from Q, no doubt.)

[Image: tumblr_lgbtz7rRIG1qh0e9yo1_400.jpg]

I ran out of upside down dogs.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 07:22 PM
(21-04-2013 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  First off you skiipped answering the question. Second, the guilt is there based upon Love. Without Love there can be no guilt because without Love you don't even care.

There is a grain of truth here. If you were to sacrifice you life for mine I would feel grateful and would love you for doing so. However the rest of my statement still stands and for the record lifeboat morality is a poor case to make.

2 more pages of fluff guys we can do it Smile
Thank you for that. Finally something we both see as truth. That's all I'm trying to say. Childeye: I believe in an absolute truth.
Atheist:thereis no absolute Truth.
Childeye: Is that the absolute Truth?
Atheist: there is no absolute.
Childeye: Are you absolutely sure?
Atheist: Shutup, you f*cking religious know it all who talks in illogical circles. and quite tickling my taint you f*cking POE.
21-04-2013, 07:26 PM
(21-04-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is a grain of truth here. If you were to sacrifice you life for mine I would feel grateful and would love you for doing so. However the rest of my statement still stands and for the record lifeboat morality is a poor case to make.

Thank you for that. Finally something we both see as truth. That's all I'm trying to say. Childeye: I believe in an absolute truth.
Atheist: Shutup, you f*cking religious know it all who talks in illogical circles. and quite tickling my taint you f*cking POE.

So what absolute truth did we get from a hypothetical situation that was dissected 10 ways from sunday?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I predict this thread will die when it hits the 100 page mark.

Make it so.
[Image: make-it-so.gif]

21-04-2013, 07:33 PM
[Image: 1242225925_picard-indiana-cat.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-04-2013, 07:36 PM
(21-04-2013 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  Thank you for that. Finally something we both see as truth. That's all I'm trying to say. Childeye: I believe in an absolute truth.

So what absolute truth did we get from a hypothetical situation that was dissected 10 ways from sunday?
That an act of Love creates more love, hence there is a SPIRIT of Love that exists and that rules as the moral imperative and therefore is an absolute Truth.
21-04-2013, 07:39 PM
(21-04-2013 07:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now you're getting into the swing of things. Okay, I'd love you. But I'm a big sap anyway. I generally love all people, no matter their delusions or personalities. I'm very forgiving and understanding of the human condition. I wouldn't love you or not based upon your sacrifice, probably more because of it. Still doesn't say anything about the existence of god.
Fine, but this is what the Christ is saying EAT MEEEE. I have eaten him and so I love him. Hence I don't worship God like the religious butt kissers do. That is what Love does, makes more love and why Love rules. So when I say I know Christ, I am saying I know the Spirit that would sacrifice one's self for another. So quite thinking I'm an ignorant sap just because I believe and cherish that Spirit.

You have no idea what you are asking for by posting that. Maybe you do...I won't give in cus it would be too easy, not that it hasn't been.

Cheapthrillseaker said it.

Love rules. As I we went over some 90 pages ago. What rules over love? (maybe not in the most ethical or moral way, but realistically)

Fear. You expressed interest in that sentiment, yet never expanded.

You are commended for your love of love. It's a great thing that the world needs more of. Empathy also. No one is saying you're and ignorant sap because of it. What makes an ignorant sap is someone who will disregard reason and logic for the sake of a sufficiently tickled taint.

You spoke before of being interested in gaining knowledge of that which causes craziness in the world, and people believing irrational things is something you agreed is one of them. Just believing that love rules all is great, but it doesn't solve the world's problems. We need a comprehensive understanding of what causes people to believe and then act on that belief in the face of collective rules of society. As we see in the news headlines today, religion is a major facilitator of evil.

You claim to reject religion. That's great. But can you see how people use the bible (the same one you have quoted as truth many times here in this thread) to facilitate their own irrational views of morality?

This is why critical thinking and inquiry into ideas are crucial. It's not enough to just spout a Beatle's song and claim that god has spoken to you. Crazy is everywhere, and if we care (are empathetic) enough, we will reason down to the last detail what it is and why so that irrational mistakes are not made.

I wish everyone loved as much as you claim to. Thinking wouldn't be necessary, only love. But this is not the world we live in and you know it. So do you see why your arguments are tiresome? You can call it god all you want, it doesn't change the crazy or evil in the world. God doesn't seem to give a shit anymore either. So it's up to us.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-04-2013, 07:42 PM
(21-04-2013 07:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So what absolute truth did we get from a hypothetical situation that was dissected 10 ways from sunday?
That an act of Love creates more love, hence there is a SPIRIT of Love that exists and that rules as the moral imperative and therefore is an absolute Truth.

But your act of love did not lead to more love it lead to desperation, guilt, and ultimately to self destruction.

21-04-2013, 07:42 PM
(21-04-2013 07:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 1242225925_picard-indiana-cat.gif]

OMG that is so fucked up! Big Grin

...and I can't stop watching it!

21-04-2013, 07:44 PM
(21-04-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is a grain of truth here. If you were to sacrifice you life for mine I would feel grateful and would love you for doing so. However the rest of my statement still stands and for the record lifeboat morality is a poor case to make.

We've been over this. Atheists do not claim there is no absolute truth, only that we don't know what it is. Yet.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco