the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: the God term
(07-05-2013 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  And TBH I use TBH quite a lot Tongue And I think I'm super duper honest. Not quite honest enough to know The Truth, but mucho honesto. Very very very honest. And handsome Tongue

TBH, I believe you. And I use tbh a lot, only, I lie through my teeth all the time. Even as I'm typing this. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-05-2013, 03:24 PM
(07-05-2013 03:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think I've got this troll thing figured out. You mean trolling as in fishing. I explained that I don't do that since according to Jesus no man can come to Christ without God doing it. What I do is simply be myself and try to speak honestly and forthrightly.
A troll would say exactly this though Consider

Quote:With all due respect, you should just go ahead and say "Atheism is God" and complete the hypocrisy your reasoning is headed towards.
You love the idea that atheists are hypocrites don't you? People who just pretend but who really know that God is there. With all due respect, you're an idiot.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-05-2013, 03:35 PM
07-05-2013, 03:38 PM
(07-05-2013 03:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  Someone who says everyone is full of shit and includes themselves is more honest than someone who says they are not. This is clear to me if not to you. Are you able to notice that you have above twisted the equation around? So that whoever says everyone is full of shit including themselves is more full of shit than the guy who says he is not full of shit. Now if you are unable to see that as an atheist, I would really like to understand why.

Yes, but you said you were less full of shit. How is that honest? Or humble?

Really, if you're not a troll, you're too stupid for words. Not to mention arrogant.

07-05-2013, 03:45 PM
(07-05-2013 03:35 PM)childeye Wrote:  Someone who says everyone is full of shit and includes themselves is more honest than someone who says they are not.
I dunno what you thought I said but this is what I meant.

Quote:This is clear to me if not to you. Are you able to notice that you have above twisted the equation around? So that whoever says everyone is full of shit including themselves is more less full of shit than the guy who says he is not full of shit. Now if you are unable to see that as an atheist, I would really like to understand why.
Fixed. Happy ? *You* at least *seemed* to be saying that "admitting this simple Truth" meant that you were less full of shit. But you are at least equally full of shit, and *in my full of shit opinion* more.

Quote:Hey wait a minute. If you don't understand, just say so. No big deal. Are you unaware that I agreed with you?
You think you agreeing with me on some trivial thing means I won't rip into the derpiness I see before me ? And me not understanding is due to you saying daft stuff. You essentially said "sdfjklsdflhjksf msasdpoisd wuandsd sqgg" and now you're asking me if I failed to understand ?

Quote:What lie was I caught in I must wonder? And another thing. I swear when I feel like it. Not to impress you or anyone else. Nor do I think I'm better than you because I don't. So quite feeling put down just because I don't swear.
Read my post again. I said it was the general feel, not a specific lie.

Quote:Pardon me for apologizing, or is that forbidden too? Sheesh.
It's not forbidden. It makes you come across as a genteel tit though.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-05-2013, 03:48 PM
(07-05-2013 03:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  Really, if you're not a troll, you're too stupid for words. Not to mention arrogant.

Oy vey, we find words Tongue
07-05-2013, 03:54 PM
(07-05-2013 03:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oy vey, we find words Tongue

Here are a couple that seem to fit: meshungina, schmendrick, schlemiel, pashkudenyak. To name but a few.

But mostly: tsu tillas gescheften.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
(07-05-2013 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 03:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think I've got this troll thing figured out. You mean trolling as in fishing. I explained that I don't do that since according to Jesus no man can come to Christ without God doing it. What I do is simply be myself and try to speak honestly and forthrightly.
Quote:A troll would say exactly this though Consider
Paranoid delusion. It doesn't matter what I say.

Quote:With all due respect, you should just go ahead and say "Atheism is God" and complete the hypocrisy your reasoning is headed towards.
You love the idea that atheists are hypocrites don't you? People who just pretend but who really know that God is there. With all due respect, you're an idiot.
No, I don't like anybody being hypocrites. Nonetheless, I think atheists know Love. I don't think you all pretend you don't know God. I think you just don't like the term "God". The reason why your reasoning will always turn out hypocritical, is because with God being defined as Love, you are not believing in your own best interests.
07-05-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 04:29 PM by Vera.)
(07-05-2013 04:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  The reason why your reasoning will always turn out hypocritical, is because with God being defined as Love, you are not believing in your own best interests.
The only problem is, you don't get to define any word.

So, no, your hateful (and non-existent) god is not, cannot and never will be defined as love. How about we define him as the scourge of humankind for more than 2000 years? Now this definition I can get on board with.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
(07-05-2013 04:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  Paranoid delusion. It doesn't matter what I say.
Troll behaviour is quite hard to identify positively. I think 200 pages of crapola is kinda a strong hint. Problem is you really might be that dense. It has been seen before. I know you're seeing this as an ad-hom or whatever, but if you're a troll you know it's true and if you're not a troll then your bags of arrogance will define this as just the sort of behaviour you'd expect from an atheist. Think of it as God loving you a little less.