the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: the God term
(10-05-2013 11:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 11:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='306612' dateline='1368246756']
Personally I believe Love is the foundation for all spirits. Of course Love exists for the sake of goodness. This does not mean that Love is not the God of the bible.

Quote:Now it seems your stuck between the new age cosmic consciousness woo and the bible....are you sure your not Egor?
When I say spirits I am talking about emotions.

Well now, I don't know even know to reply to such inanely absurd ideal.

I have no words.

Except

Shoo fly

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2013, 11:26 PM
(10-05-2013 11:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread summary to date:

God is Love

No it's not.

Yes it is.

No it's not.

Well, what is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-05-2013, 11:30 PM

God is Love

No it's not.

Yes it is.

No it's not.

Weeping

I feel so dirty now.

10-05-2013, 11:32 PM
(10-05-2013 11:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

God is Love

No it's not.

Yes it is.

No it's not.

Well, what is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I still feel I need a shower.

11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:It doesn't do any good to be guessing at whether God is good or not. I'm saying He is Love. Love is good. Love gives us the ability to judge what is good.

You are semantically defining terms. This is not good argument.

Quote: Remember that the fact that time itself is part of the creation indicates alternate dimensions.

You are now making scientific assertions that at this point in time are mere speculations.

Quote:Look God as Love lives in each and everyone of us. I think aliens do this also, just in a different way. Aliens jump out of an egg and wrap their tails around your throat while they cover your face and impregnate you, so they can latter bust out of your chest.

I'm not even going to address this, you clearly have been hanging out here too much.

Quote:Personally I believe Love is the foundation for all spirits. Of course Love exists for the sake of goodness. This does not mean that Love is not the God of the bible.

You are now qualifying your assertions. What happened to the absolute truth of love?

Quote:No, not exactly. I only used introspection to make the case that there is a moral Truth based on empathy which we all can imagine.

Bold type speaks for itself.

Quote: Love is good is the only Moral Truth that can live and be recogmized in all men. You can say you see no veracity in that?

Love is good. Morality has consistently been demonstrated to be subjective depending on social conditions. You are the only one not seeing this. Well, you and William Layne Craig.

Quote:I see, I manipulated myself to believe that Love is good. No I just stated a fact.

I see no problem with this statement. It's all of the other semantic bullshit you hang on the word love I find issues with. Specifically god.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-05-2013, 01:11 AM
(11-05-2013 12:30 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:It doesn't do any good to be guessing at whether God is good or not. I'm saying He is Love. Love is good. Love gives us the ability to judge what is good.

You are semantically defining terms. This is not good argument.

Quote: Remember that the fact that time itself is part of the creation indicates alternate dimensions.

You are now making scientific assertions that at this point in time are mere speculations.

Quote:Look God as Love lives in each and everyone of us. I think aliens do this also, just in a different way. Aliens jump out of an egg and wrap their tails around your throat while they cover your face and impregnate you, so they can latter bust out of your chest.

I'm not even going to address this, you clearly have been hanging out here too much.

Quote:Personally I believe Love is the foundation for all spirits. Of course Love exists for the sake of goodness. This does not mean that Love is not the God of the bible.

You are now qualifying your assertions. What happened to the absolute truth of love?

Quote:No, not exactly. I only used introspection to make the case that there is a moral Truth based on empathy which we all can imagine.

Bold type speaks for itself.

Quote: Love is good is the only Moral Truth that can live and be recogmized in all men. You can say you see no veracity in that?

Love is good. Morality has consistently been demonstrated to be subjective depending on social conditions. You are the only one not seeing this. Well, you and William Layne Craig.

Quote:I see, I manipulated myself to believe that Love is good. No I just stated a fact.

I see no problem with this statement. It's all of the other semantic bullshit you hang on the word love I find issues with. Specifically god.

This highlights the disconnect Ce has. Of course, he'll just twist it around. Because everything he says is based solely on his belief.

He will fire back with more woo and we'll retort with reason.

He'll go with woo

We'll tell a few jokes. maybe some bald pussy pictures...

He'll ignore the off color humor

He'll say something completely batshit to bring the discussion back to him...and he'll spout more woo...

We'll reply with reason....

Do we see a pattern?
It's not really a prediction since its all happened before and seems destined to happen again.

I think this is hell and he's really satan. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-05-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 11:04 AM by childeye.)
11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
This is interesting, I wonder how longer he can last?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
11-05-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 11:02 AM by childeye.)
(10-05-2013 11:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 11:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, it's not the foundation for all emotions?

I put the same amount of substance into my reply that you did your statement. But to specify. No, love is not the god from the bible. Also Love is not the foundation of all emotion. There are 4 pillars of emotion that can and do supercede secondary or learned emotions such as love. Hunger, Fear, Anger, Pain. Those are the basis for emotion as long as they are kept in check then other higher emotions can occur.
Love is not God from the bible? You are in denial. How do you explain this, said thousands of years before you were even born? 1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Regarding the four pillars you described, only two are what I would call spiritual, those are fear and anger. The other two pain and hunger are more carnal. Certainly there are emotional pains but I do not think this is where you meant to apply the term. Fear is an emotion that comes from insecurity, therefore it is based on the doubt of Love, knowing or conditioned to distrust. Anger can be produced from many differing circumstances. I can get angry I stubbed my toe. But Morally speaking, it is a passionate response to something we intensely don't like, whether it is done to us or done to someone else. Morally speaking we can get mad for someone not loving us as we think they should, or not having the Love we think they should. Or demanding more Love than we think they should. It's still based on Love.
11-05-2013, 11:26 AM
(11-05-2013 10:58 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 11:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I put the same amount of substance into my reply that you did your statement. But to specify. No, love is not the god from the bible. Also Love is not the foundation of all emotion. There are 4 pillars of emotion that can and do supercede secondary or learned emotions such as love. Hunger, Fear, Anger, Pain. Those are the basis for emotion as long as they are kept in check then other higher emotions can occur.
Love is not God from the bible? You are in denial. How do you explain this, said thousands of years before you were even born? 1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Regarding the four pillars you described, only two are what I would call spiritual, those are fear and anger. The other two pain and hunger are more carnal. Certainly there are emotional pains but I do not think this is where you meant to apply the term. Fear is an emotion that comes from insecurity, therefore it is based on the doubt of Love, knowing or conditioned to distrust. Anger can be produced from many differing circumstances. I can get angry I stubbed my toe. But Morally speaking, it is a passionate response to something we intensely don't like, whether it is done to us or done to someone else. Morally speaking we can get mad for someone not loving us as we think they should, or not having the Love we think they should. Or demanding more Love than we think they should. It's still based on Love.

Rom 1:18 (Wey) For God's anger is being revealed from Heaven against all impiety and against the iniquity of men who through iniquity suppress the truth. God is angry.

If you are hungry or angry those tend to supercede Love. In fact if you don't deal with your basic emotions then the higher ones cannot come.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense