the Pathetic Daughter He Acquires

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM

RE: the Pathetic Daughter He Acquires
(10-11-2011 10:42 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well I think you are, I really do! And even if you don't feel it, you can trust my judgement Smile.

I appreciate the kind words.
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Fuck talent. Big Grin

Everybody "thought I was an artist" back in the day. Then I drew my Gwynnies. There ain't no art without inspiration. You are an inspiration. Chin up, soldier!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
(10-11-2011 10:43 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I appreciate the kind words.

I hope it all turns out OK for you, keep me updated on things.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
10-11-2011, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 08:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-11-2011 10:00 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I'm coming home with a progress report that reads:
C
D
F
F

..Guess that I proved his point.

I graduated from high school with a 1.2 GPA. I graduated from the University of Maryland College Park magna cum laude in Computer Science with a 3.87 GPA and got a Master's Degree in Computer Science with Honors from the Johns Hopkins University. It is way too soon to give up on yourself. You need to just calmyourtitsbro, whether they're your tits or someone else's trying to be yours.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
(10-11-2011 08:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 10:00 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I'm coming home with a progress report that reads:
C
D
F
F

..Guess that I proved his point.

I graduated from high school with a 1.2 GPA. I graduated from the University of Maryland College Park magna cum laude in Computer Science with a 3.87 GPA and got a Master's Degree in Computer Science with Honors from the Johns Hopkins University. It is way too soon to give up on yourself. You need to just calmyourtitsbro, whether they're your tits or someone else's trying to be yours.
End of my sophomore year I was an upwardly mobile 96 - then I discovered marijuana, the unlikeliness of college, and the thought that my bro Joe could use the entitlement of Valedictorian more than I... last semester of college, I found out I could not study differential equations and multivariable calculus while smoking a whole buncha crack and still get a 4.0...

Skool... Tongue

There ain't no GPA for life. All I know, one finds love in life; that's the Honor's Society. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
11-11-2011, 04:45 AM
It is unfortunate sarah that your father.....somebody who is a role model who you love and respect and look up to should say these things.

A person in the street could say these things and you can brush it off.....but when it is from the people who you love......the words can cut deeper than any wound. On the outside you could be the most beautifull and attractive looking person, on the inside the most caring.....but if everybody told you that you was ugly....you would down the line eventually start to believe them unfortunatly Sad

Maybe your dad is hurting himself in some way that he has to take it out on you.....maybe his frustrations are getting the better of him as he has offered no soloution or help.......just critisised you.

All you can do is your best......from your other thread entitled "abuse" im not surprised that you are maybe struggling with your grades...its not exactly the best enviroment to be learning in is it??? Maybe your father forgets that he has a responsibiltiy to show you how to mature and flower......that we all need guidance at points in our lifes.....especially when we are at the age you are.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-11-2011, 10:02 AM
This songs for you sarah........

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-11-2011, 10:13 AM
As I have never been a young lady living in an American society I have no idea how you are feeling.
But…

I walked out of school as soon as I was old enough to do so.
Just had enough, my dreams had been shattered and my resolve crushed by teachers who just didn’t care and by parents who had written me off as a lost cause many years earlier.
The best thing I have from high school is I met my wife there.
The second best thing, I didn’t waste a moment more there than I had to.

The main problem, dyslexia.
It wasn’t called that then though, it was called being a lazy stupid no hoper.
Reading, I love reading, but my hand writing is just appalling and if you get through that you’ll find how bad my spelling is.
Typing, self taught, and spell check.

I was in my late twenties before I made peace with my mum, but I’ll piss on my stepfathers’ grave when that happy day arrives.

I’m not saying quit school, but do try and find a niche there, something you have a little passion for.
And don’t listen to your dad on this, as a father myself I can say with some authority that we really can get it horribly wrong from time to time.
But the opinions that matter, the only ones that really matter, are those you believe.
True or not these are the one that will hurt and haunt you.
You have to decide if there is any actual substance in them, and if so how much.

You have friends amongst members here, those who know you from what I have read on other threads respect your ideas and will consider your input to be valuable.
So you obviously have talents, and if you have some you will have more.

So Sarah, from a cynical nasty bastard who fought for every thing he has and has had to do it more than once, who has no reason to lie and nothing to gain I will tell you this.

One: You are a beautiful young woman, don’t let others tell you otherwise as what the hell do they know and is Vogue knocking on their door?

Two: You have many talents that you may not have developed, everyone has them but some never take the time to look. And you will have many skills you have learnt and not recognised. One of your natural talents is to question when things don’t add up. That is why you are here isn’t it?

Three: You are an intelligent social person with the knowledge to seek advice, which in itself is proof of intelligence.

If I can pick up this from just what I have gleaned from this forum then others who know you must be able to rattle off things for hours.

So this is what you’re going to do, in some hidden part of your phone or in your computer or wherever you want you are going to write up a list.
On this list you will put all the things, no matter how little or embarrassing as only you will see it, of all the things you are good at.
Best at making coffee? It goes in the list
And all the things you like about yourself.

You can start with “I’m a really good friend” as there is evidence here that you are.
I’m sure Hughsie and isFerdinand can add plenty more.

Karl

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
14-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Oh my word!

This upsets me for so many reasons.

OKay. Talent and skill are two different things.

Skill (which, by the way, your dad lacks in a few areas, like parenting, positive reinforcement and social to be specific- I am sure he is nice, but what he said is NOT okay!) is something DEVELOPED. Like your learning, knowledge base and abilities. And if you count on schools to be the only measurement for how YOU are then you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. The school system is SO archaic as far as fostering success and happiness for societies' members. It is missing a lot of factor, stifling creativity and not all encompassing at all!

Talent is something you have a natural ability in, even if ever so slight. And yes, EVERYBODY has some- YOU DO TOO. It can be the thing that you like doing, even. And it doesn't have to be completely developed yet (you may still need to 'discover' it, something many people do as they emerge into adulthood and beyond.) I have a friend in the later years of 30 who JUST discovered she has talent in composing music and is now working with an artist doing so. The fun part in this life is discovering what we like, what we are good at and what brings us happiness. That is a true measure of success. Not your IQ. EVER.

My father, in some ways, was hard on me too. It may be a generation thing, I am not sure. I was told I was a day dreamer, never grounded, flighty. Probably the definition of ADHD. I struggled in school and even socially. I was told I'm eccentric, crazy, weird. Weird was one all the time that I was told. I began to believe it. Until I met people like me and then culture started liking my 'type' and the artsy fartsy became boho chic.

I started to transform all that negative feedback into positive, into art. Now I am a successful photographer doing something I love, I picked up skills over the years to have many friends and cope- actually- transform my inabilities into my greatest success. Wasn't easy, wasn't always pretty, but is worth it and fulfilling.

Don't let ANYONE define you. That is not their job. NOt your fathers, not your schools and not mine. Every person in your circle should support and encourage you. You can still love people separately from allowing how much weight their words have for you. I would have given anything to have had someone tell me that years ago. Smile
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
14-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Holy crap ladyjane!!! Always good to see veterans posting again!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post