the SHOUT BOX thread :)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-02-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: the SHOUT BOX thread :)
(19-02-2012 03:29 PM)Observer Wrote:  I can see planet Mars through the window where I'm sitting. I'm looking at an other world with mountains and canyons and it's SO immensely cool knowing this.

Are you sure it's not Uranus?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 03:38 PM
(19-02-2012 03:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you sure it's not Uranus?
My anus has mountains and canyons too... Big GrinBig Grin

Haha...
No, I’ve checked with this little gem of a program and it clearly IS Mars.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
20-02-2012, 01:43 AM
(19-02-2012 03:38 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 03:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you sure it's not Uranus?
My anus has mountains and canyons too... Big GrinBig Grin

Haha...
No, I’ve checked with this little gem of a program and it clearly IS Mars.

I'm glad that joke didn't get lost in translation. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 04:34 PM
My husband died recently, and that is very hard to take.

But what makes it a lot harder is all the dribble I have to listen to!

"You should be thankful and flattered, god called him home because he needs him by his side"

"Praise god for taking him home before he had to suffer much more. God loves you."

"God wanted you to have an angel that is always by your side and guides you through life".

"You now have someone right at god's side to make sure all your prayers are heard and answered. "

"We are all praying for you in this time of trial, and the angels above are watching over you."

"You may not understand now, but once you are reunited in heaven you will see that god's plan for you was best"

and so on and so on and so on.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-02-2012, 05:48 PM
(20-02-2012 04:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  My husband died recently, and that is very hard to take.

Oh Dom, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm glad you are here -you probably need a good shout. Shy

People say stupid things to make themselves feel good. I also think they try to convince themselves of something and / or mask their own fears. They're just people... and some people find it easy to be assholes. Undecided

Have a good look around. If you need it, I'm sure there are a few people here who will be glad to read whatever you feel like writing.

Heart Take care of your health and stay away from stress.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-02-2012, 05:51 PM
(20-02-2012 04:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  My husband died recently, and that is very hard to take.

"You should be thankful and flattered, god called him home because he needs him by his side"

"Praise god for taking him home before he had to suffer much more. God loves you."

"God wanted you to have an angel that is always by your side and guides you through life".

"You now have someone right at god's side to make sure all your prayers are heard and answered. "

"We are all praying for you in this time of trial, and the angels above are watching over you."

"You may not understand now, but once you are reunited in heaven you will see that god's plan for you was best"

and so on and so on and so on.

Ugh.
Dom, I can't even imagine the pain of your loss, but I can imagine the extra torment your friends are heaping on you. I hope this place can be a bit of refuge for you.

~Izel
20-02-2012, 06:50 PM
People always say that atheists are arrogant. Well, you could fool me! These people who heap al this dribble on me are extremely arrogant. They are so proud of themselves, and they try to trump each other with more and more inane sayings. They are just bathing in the glory of being able to talk down to poor me, the poor soul who had a loss and doesn't understand that god has a plan for her.

People are something else sometimes. When my husband passed at home (just the way he wanted and very peacefully) I had to call 911. That brings the medics first. These guys are hell bent on reviving people without having any background information. My husband died of cancer, and reviving would have just resulted in him dying all over again, hello? He did have a living will, but in this state there is an additional document required that we didn't know about. So here I am, in tears, arguing with these guys about resuscitation. They finally read the living will and came to the "personal comments" part. There my husband said he was an atheist and did not want any type of religious ceremonies. The first guy read it, passed it to the next one, and he tossed the paper down (landed on my husband) and they both walked out wordlessly.

Nice bed side manners. I put the paper away before the cops came so I wouldn't have a repeat performance.

So with all of this nonsense going on, I have pretty much secluded myself for the time being. I really don't want to deal with these people now. I spend time with my dogs instead, and I drive to the next town to shop and do things without everyone knowing me and bestowing their wisdom on me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-02-2012, 06:57 PM
(20-02-2012 06:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  People always say that atheists are arrogant. Well, you could fool me! These people who heap al this dribble on me are extremely arrogant. They are so proud of themselves, and they try to trump each other with more and more inane sayings. They are just bathing in the glory of being able to talk down to poor me, the poor soul who had a loss and doesn't understand that god has a plan for her.

People are something else sometimes. When my husband passed at home (just the way he wanted and very peacefully) I had to call 911. That brings the medics first. These guys are hell bent on reviving people without having any background information. My husband died of cancer, and reviving would have just resulted in him dying all over again, hello? He did have a living will, but in this state there is an additional document required that we didn't know about. So here I am, in tears, arguing with these guys about resuscitation. They finally read the living will and came to the "personal comments" part. There my husband said he was an atheist and did not want any type of religious ceremonies. The first guy read it, passed it to the next one, and he tossed the paper down (landed on my husband) and they both walked out wordlessly.

Nice bed side manners. I put the paper away before the cops came so I wouldn't have a repeat performance.

So with all of this nonsense going on, I have pretty much secluded myself for the time being. I really don't want to deal with these people now. I spend time with my dogs instead, and I drive to the next town to shop and do things without everyone knowing me and bestowing their wisdom on me.

That is disgusting behaviour!!!
You could probably report them to their superiors (you could here in Australia).
Arseholes Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes, I likely could raise heck over it. But I am definitely not in the mood for that. I just want some peace and quiet and sort out my life. The dogs are good company, I'd rather talk to them than to anyone's superiors by a long shot.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
20-02-2012, 07:22 PM
(20-02-2012 07:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, I likely could raise heck over it. But I am definitely not in the mood for that. I just want some peace and quiet and sort out my life. The dogs are good company, I'd rather talk to them than to anyone's superiors by a long shot.

That's fair enough. My sympathy to you.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)