the SHOUT BOX thread :)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: the SHOUT BOX thread :)
(09-08-2012 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 01:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  WHAT?!? Are you serious? They are fucking insane!! I hope they get a big money prize for winning the gold medal, so they have to pay the taxes for that, or else this would be a reason enough to never win the gold, intentionally.

Tongue

For U.S. athletes, a gold medal comes with $25000, silver $15000, bronze $10000 from the U.S. Olympic Committee. They are taxed on that.

Then they do some commercials for someone and make BILLIONS$S$S$S$S$S$SSS! Big Grin (jj)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
14-08-2012, 03:49 AM
For the big finale, Croatia won gold in water polo, we are the champions... As for my biggest hope, the handball, France has beaten us, so we won "only" bronze. Congratulations to both of them!

[Image: Zlatko+Horvat+Olympics+Day+4+Handball+YX0eH2ElOmol.jpg]

[Image: b947ce3e07231c4cbb79d6251583fe66.jpg]

That would be 3 gold medals, 1 silver and 2 bronze for Croatia. I'd say this is pretty big success for a country this small.

Let's celebrate...

[Image: krautok08fressev5.gif]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
14-08-2012, 06:51 PM
(14-08-2012 03:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  For the big finale, Croatia won gold in water polo, we are the champions... As for my biggest hope, the handball, France has beaten us, so we won "only" bronze. Congratulations to both of them!

[Image: Zlatko+Horvat+Olympics+Day+4+Handball+YX0eH2ElOmol.jpg]

[Image: b947ce3e07231c4cbb79d6251583fe66.jpg]

That would be 3 gold medals, 1 silver and 2 bronze for Croatia. I'd say this is pretty big success for a country this small.

Let's celebrate...

[Image: krautok08fressev5.gif]

Congratulations Croatia! But my state of Maryland beat your country. 'Course it's not really fair 'cause we got Phelps, so one of Maryland's citizens beat your entire country. But congratulations anyway, you fuckers are tiny at 4.4 million citizens. Thumbsup

#sigh
16-08-2012, 11:32 PM
54 Countries had lesser results than Croatia. It ranked 25th (out of 79) in the medal rankings. That's worth a compliment.

Of course Phelps beat something like 68 countries if he were a country...
Pretty incredible. So that's what it is, afaic: pretty incredible.
Just like Armstrong's 7 Tour victories.
16-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Sadly, stories like this make me question the olympic ethics. Also, people in Canada were pretty upset over the reffing of woman soccer against US. It was pretty blatant how bad it was.

Just sad when someone can't put to test something they have more than wanted to for years. Not to take away from people who had a deserving and successful time, but just feel bad for the stories that shed the uglier light on the event.
25-08-2012, 12:43 PM
DRAYTON MANOR THEME PARK HAS SOME AWESOME RIDES!!!!!!!!

Not as good as Alton Towers though.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
29-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Though I didn't get the position...
I got runner-up as entertainment anchor on my school's tv-channel!

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
30-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Praise be sweet baby Jebus, GirlyBoy's got a job!

Maybe now I can go back to paying for just 1 house. Banana_zorro

And then my BrotherMan calls from Tokyo to tell me his wife's having an affair and he's getting a divorce. ... why you always gotta go pissing on the party sweet baby Jebus?

#sigh
30-08-2012, 08:16 PM
the SHOUT BOX thread :)
(30-08-2012 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Praise be sweet baby Jebus, GirlyBoy's got a job!

And then my BrotherMan calls from Tokyo to tell me his wife's having an affair and he's getting a divorce. ... why you always gotta go pissing on the party sweet baby Jebus?

Better buy a third house for BrotherMan.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-08-2012, 08:34 PM
(30-08-2012 08:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Praise be sweet baby Jebus, GirlyBoy's got a job!

Better buy a third house for BrotherMan.

BrotherMan lives in Tokyo in an apartment seriously subsidized by MetLife (goddam rents like $12000USD/month) with the 2 of their 4 children that are still underage. His wife lives in a house in Newark, DE which he says she can happily keep. ... Married to a goddam brilliant fucking vice president of actuaries at MetLife making high dollar for 24 years, 4 beautiful children, and you spooge it all away for an affair with an unemployed carpenter. Hope that motherfucker is Jesus is all I can say. ... How some of us can still lack basic reasoning skills after several millenia of rationality still never ceases to amaze me. Ain't worried about BrotherMan, we've both always found Asians particularly attractive, and can't find much reason to be worried for his wife.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post