the SHOUT BOX thread :)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
15-03-2013, 04:08 PM
RE: the SHOUT BOX thread :)
(15-03-2013 03:16 PM)kim Wrote:  MICRO CENTER IS THE BESTEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!

AFTER ONLY 2 DAYS THEY CORRECTED WHAT THE BUTCHER DID TO MY COMPUTER AND WILL LET ME ORDER THE PART I NEED AND BRING IT BACK FOR INSTALLATION!!!

I PICK UP TOMORROW AND RIGHT ACROSS THE PARKING LOT IS THE MOSTEST FANTASTIC INDIAN RESTAURANT
AND
AND
AND ... THE MOSTEST FANTASTIC ITALIAN RESTAURANT!!!!! YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMYYYY!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I love Micro Center and Indian food and Italian food.

You and I were meant for each other. Heart Fate. Kismet. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 07:48 PM
This isn't enough to warrant it's own thread, so I will post it here;

Why do ducks, geese, gulls, pigeons, and swans hang out together? There will be an entire lake/pond to sit on, but they all cluster together. They don't fight, they just peacefully mingle, peck at the ground, and dunk their heads in the water sometimes. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly special about the spot they choose (and it varies - they aren't going to the same place every time), and people don't often feed them.

I just find it odd that five species will hang out like that. They chillax like bros - one big bird party on the beach.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
27-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I figured that this thread could use a bit of an uplift.

My old childhood dog is about to be put down. I've known this little snickerdoodle since I was 4 or 5, he's the first pet I have memories of. Anyway, this isn't hitting me as hard as it should since we gave him to our former housekeeper several years ago (she adored him while we figured out we were more cat people and the dog was kind of a pain in the ass, a cute pain in the ass, but a pain in the ass nonetheless) and I've only seen him intermittently since then. Still, I'm a person who hasn't really had the concept of "things don't last forever" drilled into my brain yet. I know it's true, but I haven't really had the first hand experience the same way most people do at this point. Both my sets of grandparents are still alive, nobody I've ever been really close to has ever died, and all three of my childhood cats are still alive as well.

So I guess this is the first piece of my childhood being killed today.

[Image: giphy.gif]
27-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I hated when that happened with my pet. I had a dog - a border collie/lab mix - since I was a little kid. In fact, my earliest memory may be seeing him for the first time when my family went to get a puppy. Eventually, when I was in high school, he could barely walk, he had a hard time doing things as simple as pooping, so he had to be put down.

Like you, I never had to deal with a personal loss until then. My grandfathers were dead before I was born, my one grandmother died when I was too little to remember, and I never knew my other relatives since they lived on the other side of the continent. So despite having relatives dying, I never knew them beyond a name. It was never a personal loss for me.

The experience of losing my dog was something I never felt before. He had been there for as long as I could remember.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
27-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Oddly enough, I'm not really feeling a sense of loss, since as I said, he hasn't actually been "my" dog for several years.

When the cats start kicking the bucket though..... Sad

[Image: giphy.gif]
13-08-2013, 11:18 PM
I've gone up from 1,380 today to 1,520 posts today.

I cannot contain myself. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
19-08-2013, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 12:52 PM by Escape Artist.)
WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS MENTION OF SUPERIORITY COMPLEX, INFERIORITY COMPLEX, BLATANT DISRESPECT OF ELDERS, AND GENITALIA. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, HEATHENS.

WHY CAN I NOT JUST SEE ANOTHER FEMALE AS, YOU KNOW, ANOTHER HUMAN BEING INSTEAD OF:

COMPETITION!

COMPETITION!

COMPETITION!

BECAUSE IT SEEMS I'M INCAPABLE OF BEING AROUND A MEMBER OF MY OWN SEX WITHOUT CONSTANTLY COMPARING MYSELF TO HER AND JUDGING HOW MUCH ATTENTION SHE'S GETTING FROM THE MEN IN THE VICINITY VERSUS THE ATTENTION I'M GETTING FROM THEM. CAUSE IF SHE GETS MORE ATTENTION, THEN GUESS WHAT? I DON'T LIKE HER.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN CONTAINED TO MEN - IF OTHER WOMEN DOTE ON HER AND ARE FOREVER TELLING HER HOW PRETTY SHE IS THEN I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH HER. SURE DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT TO BE THE "UGLIER" OR "DUMBER" OR [YOU FILL IN THE BLANK HERE] FRIEND? WHY WOULD I ALWAYS WANT TO BE SECOND BEST?

SO EITHER I'M A JERK OR I'M JUST SHALLOW BECAUSE UNLESS I THINK YOU ARE LESSER THAN ME IN SOME CAPACITY, ODDS ARE I'LL NOT BE FRIENDS WITH YOU. I'M JUST A SWEETHEART THAT WAY. OH, AND EVEN IF I DO BECOME FRIENDS WITH YOU, I'LL BE IRRITATED EVERY TIME YOU CALL BECAUSE I'VE JUST CARVED OUT SOME TIME FOR, YOU KNOW - NUMERO UNO!!! BECAUSE I'M A GREAT FRIEND LIKE THAT... BUT IF YOU DARE NOT ANSWER THE PHONE THE MINUTE I CALL, WELL, YOU'RE JUST A BITCH AND A SHITTY FRIEND.

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? JUST BE FRIENDS WITH MEN? OH CONTRAIRE, MY INTERNET FRIENDS, BECAUSE WOMEN CAN'T BE JUST FRIENDS WITH MEN. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

SO NO, I WILL NEVER MOVE UP TO THE POINT WHERE I AM ONE OF MY HUSBAND'S FRIENDS. I AM ALWAYS HIS WIFE AND HIS WIFE ONLY. BECAUSE I HAVE A VAGINA AND THEY HAVE PENISES (IF THEIR ASSERTIONS ARE TO BE TRUSTED). AND VAGINAS AND PENISES CAN'T BE JUST FRIENDS. BECAUSE PENISES ARE LIKE MOLES AND VAGINAS ARE LIKE BURROWS. PENISES ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WARM, SOFT BURROW TO BLINDLY TUNNEL INTO AND BURROWS ARE FOREVER ACHING FOR A MOLE TO SNUGGLE INTO THEIR EVERY NOOK AND CREVICE. SO JUST DROP IT. NEVER MIND THAT ALL THE COMPETITION AND INSECURITY ISSUES GO AWAY WHEN I'M WITH MEN (SO LONG AS I'M THE ONLY WOMAN AROUND, MIND YOU!), A PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP WITH THE PENIS-WIELDING SEX CANNOT BE FORGED.

IF YOU'RE STILL WITH ME AND THINK IT CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS, JUST WAIT, IT DOES. BECAUSE NOT ONLY CAN I NOT BE FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE GENDER BECAUSE SOCIETY DOTH FORBID IT, AND NOT ONLY CAN I NOT BE FRIENDS WITH MY OWN GENDER BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO BE AVAILABLE TO ME AT MY WHIM AND REFUSE TO ABASE THEMSELVES BEFORE ME, BUT I AM BECOMING JEALOUS OF MY OWN DAUGHTER. 'CAUSE SHE'S LOOKING AN AWFUL LOT LIKE COMPETITION THESE DAYS, AND THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE "B" IN THIS HIVE.

BY THE WAY, HERE'S A SHOUT-OUT TO MY DEAR OLD MOM WHO DID SUCH A GREAT JOB SOCIALIZING MY BROTHER AND I, AND WHO DID NOT AT ALL MAKE ME FEEL LIKE MY VALUE ENTIRE RESTED ON MY LOOKS OR MY BEING BETTER THAN OTHERS. THANKS, MOM!!!

ESCAPE ARTIST: STILL LOATHING AND ABASING HERSELF LIKE A GOOD CHRISTIAN WOULD [EVEN THOUGH ESCAPE ARTIST IS NOT CHRISTIAN ANYMORE - OLD HABITS DIE HARD]

(and now it's off to the corner I go because I feel like an awful person now)

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
19-08-2013, 01:08 PM
(19-08-2013 12:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS MENTION OF SUPERIORITY COMPLEX, INFERIORITY COMPLEX, BLATANT DISRESPECT OF ELDERS, AND GENITALIA. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, HEATHENS.

WHY CAN I NOT JUST SEE ANOTHER FEMALE AS, YOU KNOW, ANOTHER HUMAN BEING INSTEAD OF:

COMPETITION!

COMPETITION!

COMPETITION!

BECAUSE IT SEEMS I'M INCAPABLE OF BEING AROUND A MEMBER OF MY OWN SEX WITHOUT CONSTANTLY COMPARING MYSELF TO HER AND JUDGING HOW MUCH ATTENTION SHE'S GETTING FROM THE MEN IN THE VICINITY VERSUS THE ATTENTION I'M GETTING FROM THEM. CAUSE IF SHE GETS MORE ATTENTION, THEN GUESS WHAT? I DON'T LIKE HER.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN CONTAINED TO MEN - IF OTHER WOMEN DOTE ON HER AND ARE FOREVER TELLING HER HOW PRETTY SHE IS THEN I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH HER. SURE DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT TO BE THE "UGLIER" OR "DUMBER" OR [YOU FILL IN THE BLANK HERE] FRIEND? WHY WOULD I ALWAYS WANT TO BE SECOND BEST?

SO EITHER I'M A JERK OR I'M JUST SHALLOW BECAUSE UNLESS I THINK YOU ARE LESSER THAN ME IN SOME CAPACITY, ODDS ARE I'LL NOT BE FRIENDS WITH YOU. I'M JUST A SWEETHEART THAT WAY. OH, AND EVEN IF I DO BECOME FRIENDS WITH YOU, I'LL BE IRRITATED EVERY TIME YOU CALL BECAUSE I'VE JUST CARVED OUT SOME TIME FOR, YOU KNOW - NUMERO UNO!!! BECAUSE I'M A GREAT FRIEND LIKE THAT... BUT IF YOU DARE NOT ANSWER THE PHONE THE MINUTE I CALL, WELL, YOU'RE JUST A BITCH AND A SHITTY FRIEND.

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? JUST BE FRIENDS WITH MEN? OH CONTRAIRE, MY INTERNET FRIENDS, BECAUSE WOMEN CAN'T BE JUST FRIENDS WITH MEN. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

SO NO, I WILL NEVER MOVE UP TO THE POINT WHERE I AM ONE OF MY HUSBAND'S FRIENDS. I AM ALWAYS HIS WIFE AND HIS WIFE ONLY. BECAUSE I HAVE A VAGINA AND THEY HAVE PENISES (IF THEIR ASSERTIONS ARE TO BE TRUSTED). AND VAGINAS AND PENISES CAN'T BE JUST FRIENDS. BECAUSE PENISES ARE LIKE MOLES AND VAGINAS ARE LIKE BURROWS. PENISES ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WARM, SOFT BURROW TO BLINDLY TUNNEL INTO AND BURROWS ARE FOREVER ACHING FOR A MOLE TO SNUGGLE INTO THEIR EVERY NOOK AND CREVICE. SO JUST DROP IT. NEVER MIND THAT ALL THE COMPETITION AND INSECURITY ISSUES GO AWAY WHEN I'M WITH MEN (SO LONG AS I'M THE ONLY WOMAN AROUND, MIND YOU!), A PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP WITH THE PENIS-WIELDING SEX CANNOT BE FORGED.

IF YOU'RE STILL WITH ME AND THINK IT CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS, JUST WAIT, IT DOES. BECAUSE NOT ONLY CAN I NOT BE FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE GENDER BECAUSE SOCIETY DOTH FORBID IT, AND NOT ONLY CAN I NOT BE FRIENDS WITH MY OWN GENDER BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO BE AVAILABLE TO ME AT MY WHIM AND REFUSE TO ABASE THEMSELVES BEFORE ME, BUT I AM BECOMING JEALOUS OF MY OWN DAUGHTER. 'CAUSE SHE'S LOOKING AN AWFUL LOT LIKE COMPETITION THESE DAYS, AND THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE "B" IN THIS HIVE.

BY THE WAY, HERE'S A SHOUT-OUT TO MY DEAR OLD MOM WHO DID SUCH A GREAT JOB SOCIALIZING MY BROTHER AND I, AND WHO DID NOT AT ALL MAKE ME FEEL LIKE MY VALUE ENTIRE RESTED ON MY LOOKS OR MY BEING BETTER THAN OTHERS. THANKS, MOM!!!

ESCAPE ARTIST: STILL LOATHING AND ABASING HERSELF LIKE A GOOD CHRISTIAN WOULD [EVEN THOUGH ESCAPE ARTIST IS NOT CHRISTIAN ANYMORE - OLD HABITS DIE HARD]

(and now it's off to the corner I go because I feel like an awful person now)

Wow. I sure hope that was satire. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2013, 01:18 PM
(19-08-2013 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wow. I sure hope that was satire. Consider

Just a little. Wink

19-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Ah, the good ol' aroma of self-loathing... I know it well...

Capital letters now, that's something special Tongue