the angels in the river

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 05:43 PM
the angels in the river
i dont know why but for some reason this conversation popped in my head from church. the preachers wife and i were goofing around during service.. making comments on these angels. we would talk about how we would go swimming and see who got taken under first.

so who knows anything about the angels in the river. is it the Euphrates? i tried googling it but all that came up was end time prophecy and i wasnt interested in that mess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: the angels in the river
Sounds like local folklore. All you have to do now is spread it like a virus.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-05-2016, 06:44 PM
(10-05-2016 06:34 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Sounds like local folklore. All you have to do now is spread it like a virus.

It's a bible thing I just don't know much about them.
10-05-2016, 08:56 PM
It's in Revelation and it's the Euphrates.

That being said, any Christian that takes Revelation literally is a doofus and needs to take a history, language and literature class to remedy their own ignorance.

The entire thing is written in a literary style called "apocalyptic language" and is the furthest thing from being literal.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-05-2016, 11:42 PM
(10-05-2016 08:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The entire thing is written in a literary style called "apocalyptic language" and is the furthest thing from being literal.

i.e. If it contains anything of value then it's encoded so cryptically as to be worthless then? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-05-2016, 06:51 AM
(10-05-2016 11:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 08:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The entire thing is written in a literary style called "apocalyptic language" and is the furthest thing from being literal.

i.e. If it contains anything of value then it's encoded so cryptically as to be worthless then? Tongue

It's more like a puzzle. Some people do those for fun. It's just, this particular one sometimes involves people killing each other over the pieces.

I try to work on my puzzles at a different table. In a different house.
11-05-2016, 07:08 AM
(11-05-2016 06:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 11:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  i.e. If it contains anything of value then it's encoded so cryptically as to be worthless then? Tongue

It's more like a puzzle. Some people do those for fun. It's just, this particular one sometimes involves people killing each other over the pieces.

I try to work on my puzzles at a different table. In a different house.

You have some faith that the puzzle actually is a picture in the end though. Or that all the pieces fit together somehow. A religious puzzle is like that except the guys saw all the pieces off to make them fit any old how, then paint their own picture on top.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-05-2016, 07:30 AM
(10-05-2016 11:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  

No, not worthless, it gives you an idea of the type of hallucinations you can have when you're high on shrooms.

[Image: 200_s.gif]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
11-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Angels in the river? Wasn't that an episode of Grimm?

Oh crap!
11-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Sure you're not confusing it with the river of Styx from Greek & Roman mythology?

[Image: Dor%C3%A9_-_Styx.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post