the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: the bible
(13-07-2016 12:47 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  why do people say there's no evidence for god when the bible said that iseral would become a nation again and it did? isn't that evidence?

Why do you think it's evidence?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 02:19 PM
(13-07-2016 12:47 PM)genericamerican22 Wrote:  why do people say there's no evidence for god when the bible said that iseral would become a nation again and it did? isn't that evidence?

Is that all you got?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-07-2016, 02:54 PM
It isn't evidence, as others have pointed out it's one small part of a book that claims supernatural magical happenings occurred and any and all info contained within would have to support the premise of a magical sky wizard and his plans for his "chosen" people, in no way does it predict many important world events specifically including the World Wars and other nations rising and falling by name.

Also the prophecy was already well known in advance and it's also mentioned that Isreal will live in peace with it's neighbors which is a tragic joke and says it would be much bigger than it's current size.

The entire situation is paradoxical and there is no way to know if it was going to happen anyway. If tell you I can see the future and you will eat a salad for lunch tomorrow and you go out and eat a salad the next day was it because you were always going to do that or because I said you would and you liked that idea? I would've influenced you at this point.

There would be no way to know for sure, either way it happened and the miracle of my prediction would be indistinguishable from the ordinary choice you made to eat a salad for lunch. I don't get credit for predicting it unless I can correctly guess what you will eat for every meal for years to come and get it right without telling you in advance. The bible can't claim any such powers plus it fails every prediction it's ever made, even the Israel one.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
13-07-2016, 03:07 PM
This was supposedly said by Jesus:

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

When Jesus is so wrong, isn't that evidence?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-07-2016, 03:30 PM
a bunch of christian Americans and Europeans decided to form the god damn nation of Israel by taking cutting Palestine in half like a cake due to religious motivation

why is this so hard to grasp
13-07-2016, 03:39 PM

So, is this the inspired word of god then?

Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan is an 1898 novella written by Morgan Robertson.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
13-07-2016, 04:21 PM
(13-07-2016 02:54 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  If tell you I can see the future and you will eat a salad for lunch tomorrow and you go out and eat a salad the next day was it because you were always going to do that or because I said you would and you liked that idea? I would've influenced you at this point.

[+] 2 users Like TechnoMonkey's post
13-07-2016, 04:46 PM

No.

The concept in play here is that of the self-fulfilling prophecy. The reason that Israel exists today is because the Jews held onto the supposed prophecy and made it a political issue. It's no more evidence for the supernatural than my saying "you will eat hamburgers some day" and then taking you to McDonald's would be.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
13-07-2016, 04:51 PM
I just noticed that I wasted time responding to a hit and run troll.

Gotta pay more attention.

[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
13-07-2016, 05:04 PM
I notice that unlike many hit-and-runs you have three posts, so I'll answer as if you'll read.

People made it happen. They wanted it to happen, so they made it so.

Star Trek predicted there would be flip communicators. People wanted those. They made flip phones. Does that mean that Gene Rodenberry was a prophet?

The bible is evidence of nothing but ink and paper and publishing companies. It is not evidence of anything else. You need more than that.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post