the contradiction of the all powerful and good god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 09:09 PM
the contradiction of the all powerful and good god
That contradiction itself is enough evidence to prove the inexistence Of god. The bad things god commanded then he contradicting himself. Another logic thing to think is if an all powerful, loving, perfect god existed we would be with him right now because he loves us and is all powerful and not one existing creature would have had to live an imperfect life destined to fail.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: the contradiction of the all powerful and good god
(09-06-2016 09:09 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  That contradiction itself is enough evidence to prove the inexistence Of god. The bad things god commanded then he contradicting himself. Another logic thing to think is if an all powerful, loving, perfect god existed we would be with him right now because he loves us and is all powerful and not one existing creature would have had to live an imperfect life destined to fail.

It's commonly referred to as The Problem of Evil. Yes, it's a fun little paradox. The polytheists had it easy with good gods to thank for the happy times and bad gods to blame for the plagues and famines. In trying to unite an empire under a single all-powerful god the monotheists lost that edge. Nobody wants to worship a Creator that keeps shitting on you. A variety of lame excuses have been concocted over the millenia, Satan, original sin, etc., but all fail before the blindingly obvious problem of where the buck actually stops when one is The AllMighty.

Honestly, all of the "omni"s are problems. Infinity is bad at math and worse at philosophy. It does not play well with others. Include it in your world view and it comes unravelled. Fail to include it and some unwashed heathen will claim that his god is mightier than yours and that simply is not acceptable. The solution was to make god infinite and tell people not to ask pesky questions and burn the ones that did.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Existence precedes
essence in all things.
"I am what I am."
10-06-2016, 01:10 AM
(09-06-2016 10:49 PM)carusmm Wrote:  "I am what I am."

Which is apparently a total fucking moron.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-06-2016, 01:18 AM
(10-06-2016 01:10 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 10:49 PM)carusmm Wrote:  "I am what I am."

Which is apparently a total fucking moron.

Well, I wouldn't call God "a total fucking moron" but he's pretty bloody close.
10-06-2016, 02:37 AM
"The Lord is a man of war," making mischief.
12-06-2016, 02:53 AM
God is not evil, he does not exist.
12-06-2016, 04:11 PM
"God's only excuse is
that he does not exist." ha
I have no excuse.
12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Sorry smileyjose, we appear to have a minor troll infestation at the moment. Please watch where you step.

Carusmm, I can't help but notice that you have 5 of the 8 posts prior to this and none of them has significant content. You might want to make your spamming a little less blatant if you want to avoid an official thumping.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
12-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Moving on, keep moving on.