the contradiction of the all powerful and good god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: the contradiction of the all powerful and good god
(15-06-2016 11:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:36 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I would point out that until he demonstrates the existence of his god, it remains a moot point. Secular morality is all that we have.

The problem of evil does not require one to demonstrate the existence of God, the OP makes no such requirements either for his allegations.

The Problem of Evil is only relevant in relation to the existence of god.

Secular/subjective morality is both evidenced and exhibited. It exists.

If you wish to claim moral superiority or the existence of objective morality, then you need to define it and then show that it exists. Then we can consider it.

(15-06-2016 11:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Whether I find my particular moral outlook to be objective is not particularly relevant, since you'll deem it as subjective regardless.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

"I have morals that are superior to yours, but you'll never believe me, so I'm not going to prove it."

Rather childish don't you think?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-06-2016, 11:28 AM
(15-06-2016 11:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because you're morally defunct it seems. Drinking Beverage...

Like I said, you're morally defunct Drinking Beverage

That's basically all you have. It's not that i'm inconsistent with my application of what's Good and Bad, whether it comes to God or humans. But that my moral views, are not aligned to your subjective liberal/humanistic moral views, and you find that uncomfortable, disgusting, makes your squeamish.

At the end of the day, it just amounts to someone who is a big fan of country music, offended by Hip Hop fans, since in your view morality is subjective.

No, you're inconsistent too because you don't consistently apply the terms "good" or "bad" given what those terms mean.

Your god is "good" because you define it that way, despite what it does/says. Then you give specific examples of things humans have done that are bad, but don't call them that because you don't want to have to define those same actions as bad for your god.

You're inconsistent because you're dishonest. Being consistent would require you to be honest about what your god is, which is an immoral and sadistic fuckhead.

Luckily, it doesn't exist. Too bad a fictional character has resulted in you being a dishonest and morally defunct human Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Man he found two new go to gimmicks of no value in this thread. Good stuff Maynard

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-06-2016, 12:13 PM
(15-06-2016 11:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Man he found two new go to gimmicks of no value in this thread. Good stuff Maynard

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Well, what else was he going to do? Start engaging honestly? Laugh out load

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
15-06-2016, 12:14 PM
(15-06-2016 11:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your god is "good" because you define it that way, despite what it does/says. Then you give specific examples of things humans have done that are bad, but don't call them that because you don't want to have to define those same actions as bad for your god

Apparently we're all closeted liberal humanist, if it weren't for our God beliefs, lol. It's a God belief that's keeping me from letting the liberal humanist in me to break out, and take form, lol

You claim that I don't call those human actions you call morally bad, morally bad, because I don't want to define similar actions for the God character of the bible as bad.

Of course the other alternative and the truth of the matter, is I don't find such actions bad, that I'm not of liberal humanist persuasion, and it's because of this that I neither label the human actions, or the equivalent actions of the God character of the bible, as bad, regardless if I believed in God or not.

Why should I find such actions morally bad? Because you disagree with me? Because I'm factually incorrect, when not seeing such actions as morally bad?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-06-2016, 12:17 PM
(15-06-2016 11:27 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Secular/subjective morality is both evidenced and exhibited. It exists.

And if one believes their morality is objective, their just wrong right,and in fact their morality is as subjective as everyone else's?

Quote:If you wish to claim moral superiority or the existence of objective morality, then you need to define it and then show that it exists. Then we can consider it.

I never claimed moral superiority. In fact I claimed moral equivalence, meaning you have your subjective moral views, and I have mine. There's nothing objectively wrong with my views, we just have differing subjective preferences. .

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-06-2016, 12:20 PM
(15-06-2016 12:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your god is "good" because you define it that way, despite what it does/says. Then you give specific examples of things humans have done that are bad, but don't call them that because you don't want to have to define those same actions as bad for your god

Apparently we're all closeted liberal humanist, if it weren't for our God beliefs, lol. It's a God belief that's keeping me from letting the liberal humanist in me to break out, and take form, lol

You claim that I don't call those human actions you call morally bad, morally bad, because I don't want to define similar actions for the God character of the bible as bad.

Of course the other alternative and the truth of the matter, is I don't find such actions bad, that I'm not of liberal humanist persuasion, and it's because of this that I neither label the human actions, or the equivalent actions of the God character of the bible, as bad, regardless if I believed in God or not.

Why should I find such actions morally bad? Because you disagree with me? Because I'm factually incorrect, when not seeing such actions as morally bad?

"Apparently we're all closeted liberal humanist, if it weren't for our God beliefs, lol. It's a God belief that's keeping me from letting the liberal humanist in me to break out, and take form, lol"

non sequitur

"You claim that I don't call those human actions you call morally bad, morally bad, because I don't want to define similar actions for the God character of the bible as bad.

Of course the other alternative and the truth of the matter, is I don't find such actions bad, that I'm not of liberal humanist persuasion, and it's because of this that I neither label the human actions, or the equivalent actions of the God character of the bible, as bad, regardless if I believed in God or not. "

You're morally defunct because your god (your imaginary friend) is.

"Why should I find such actions morally bad? Because you disagree with me? Because I'm factually incorrect, when not seeing such actions as morally bad?"

Clearly I made a mistake in thinking that you were, deep deep down, actually a decent human being.

Instead, you make it clear that you are morally defunct dishonest asswipe. Thanks for clearing it up Thumbsup

-Rick
15-06-2016, 12:32 PM
(15-06-2016 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Clearly I made a mistake in thinking that you were, deep deep down, actually a decent human being.

Instead, you make it clear that you are morally defunct dishonest asswipe. Thanks for clearing it up Thumbsup

Yes, anyone whose not of a liberal humanist persuasion, is not a decent human being. Lucky for us what you think is morally defunct, or decent human being is entirely subjective, and amounts to nothing.

To be a decent human being, one must imagine western civilization, our modern moral outlook, and pat ourselves on the back as to how morally superior we are to ancient civilizations. Those that don't hold such a view, are deemed as indecent, and defunct.

15-06-2016, 01:02 PM
(15-06-2016 12:32 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Clearly I made a mistake in thinking that you were, deep deep down, actually a decent human being.

Yes, anyone whose not of a liberal humanist persuasion, is not a decent human being. Lucky for us what you think is morally defunct, or decent human being is entirely subjective, and amounts to nothing.

To be a decent human being, one must imagine western civilization, our modern moral outlook, and pat ourselves on the back as to how morally superior we are to ancient civilizations. Those that don't hold such a view, are deemed as indecent, and defunct.

"Yes, anyone whose not of a liberal humanist persuasion, is not a decent human being. Lucky for us what you think is morally defunct, or decent human being is entirely subjective, and amounts to nothing. "

Straw man.

"To be a decent human being, one must imagine western civilization, our modern moral outlook, and pat ourselves on the back as to how morally superior we are to ancient civilizations. Those that don't hold such a view, are deemed as indecent, and defunct."

another straw man

Dishonesty abounds

-Rick
15-06-2016, 03:21 PM
(15-06-2016 12:32 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Well duh, that's what the definition of Decent human being means, it's having a liberal humanist persuasion. So if you're not that, by definition you're not a decent human being. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post