the contradiction of the all powerful and good god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: the contradiction of the all powerful and good god
(16-06-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 12:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I just love it when theists claim their scripture contains "objective" morality

Since it appears that I'm the only theists here responding, let me make this clear. I neither claim not believe that objective morality is contained within scripture.

I would point out that when folks who claim that morality is subjective, speak of honesty, and reason in regards to moral positions, accusing those who don't subscribe to their own moral standards as not being honest with themselves, referring to moral responsibilities and duties, it becomes apparent that even those who believe morality is subjective, don't seem to really believe it is either

The reality of our moral language is that, is that if morality is not truly objective, we're to the illusion that it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like how highschool and entry level science or newton law like propositions aren't as universally true but they're a basic formulating understanding for the simplification and use of labeling that goes really nowhere.

The reality of moral language is that is actually isn't limited to subjective vs objective and that relativism is only 1 formulaic idea but can be expounded upon in various manners of degrees of it being relative with "truths" for all or relative in notion with "truths" for no morality.

If you're ever gonna learn from the manners of conversation it's going to have to not remain in focuses on labeling other people in manners that don't confide flexibility and awkward flexing around in. You often go on not grasping or wouldnt be comfortable without thinking there is a purpose or those atheists who still define purpose in the world are more like your "worldview" but there's no contingent on such a worldview of anything being mentally necessary, beneficial, or desirable. It can be, but certainly isn't provenly so.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
16-06-2016, 03:01 PM
(16-06-2016 12:45 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 11:14 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not sure why individuals like yourself are claiming that I oppose you raising question, I'm just pointing out your objections are meaningless, since whatever moral judgements your appealing to, in your own words are "subjective"

[Image: Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF_zpssr3sayg9.gif]

He's not just beating a dead horse, he's beating a dead straw man horse.

When you can't argue to support your propositions and you can't argue to invalidate or disprove your opponent's positions, make a straw man and beat it mercilessly in the same manner your bullshit has been. Even use the same phrases and accuse others of your own failings. This is "logic" by tomato.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
16-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Have at it, tomato

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
16-06-2016, 11:05 PM
(13-06-2016 02:39 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 02:36 PM)carusmm Wrote:  One of us must be wrong.

Is one of us incorrect when one us believes Italian food is the tastiest, and the other believes Indian food is?

It's subjective than neither us are wrong or right here, we just a difference in subjective opinions.

The truth is that God doesnt exist and if he did (which we know he doesnt) then Hes evil. Period.
18-06-2016, 12:37 AM
If this quote hasn't been already posted here already:

[Image: epicurus1.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Bear100's post