the death of cable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2012, 09:04 AM
the death of cable
I have looked into my crystal ball and i for see a world where the cable companies have ether died or become Internet providers alone and I am not alone in this. it's to the point where their not just saying cable will die their asking when. so what do you guys think about this fact though. there are a lot of people that will be unwilling to make the transition. even worse this may cause future shock. I think that thought was so deep it needs an intermission.

http://youtu.be/fN6Q70NalSU
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fN6Q70NalSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but I think the idea of future shock will come up more and more as the rate technology improves itself speeds up. what do you guys think about the following

1. future shock
2. the upcoming online streaming boom{well at least I think it will happen}
3. the speed in which technology will improve itself all together.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: the death of cable
My husband and I were talking about this the other day. He says he thinks that cable will stick around a little longer than it would have otherwise because of sports broadcasts. He thinks that the companies that put on these sports events will be less willing to switch to an internet venue, and so people will hold onto their cable subscriptions for a little longer for that, but probably not much else.

I saw the death of cable coming a while back. It's all the same re-runs and crappy reality shows. Even the Discovery Channel and History Channel have turned into cess pools of reality and junk TV.

I spend a lot of time watching stuff online, personally. A lot of the really good stuff is starting to show up more and more on the internet these days. And I'm cool with that. I'm even down with paying a subscription to a single "channel" or two online if they happen to have quality programming.
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
03-09-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: the death of cable
that's what the worlds evolving to.. I sure hope that it gets better on the internet because it is already great. though I point to things like neon alley and wonder if I will be able to afford it with only $30 a month.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.