the growing f they the lessining or compassion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 10:37 PM
the growing f they the lessining or compassion
basically before I start this I'd like to point out two things.
1. I have no clue if this is a philosophy question but it is one begging to be asked
2. I am not an expert buttt....

I was watching the big think youtube video channel and I over heard something about how if you talk about an individual you where more likely to give that group compation but if you talk about people on mass then you arr less likely to give them any compassion. it seems to me taht this tactic is being used by both the religious and non-religious, conservative, or liberal, and any group with an agenda. they will make their issue about an emotional thing or center it around a single person as for the hordes of emotionless monsters at the gate that want to tear at this person or issue. it seems to me that we are now closing ourselves off to many different groups because we are dehumanizing them and seeing them more as a statistic or enemy. so I thought how can humanity see more if the individual as they can so what do you guys think. is it possible to see enough of humanity to be all copatienent or are we doomed to not caring about people who seem like our enemies but are not.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: the growing f they the lessining or compassion
Once more, with grammar, spelling and syntax?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
11-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Is this self-parody?

11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
(11-12-2012 10:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Is this self-parody?
no.. lol and by the way I combed over this with a fine tooth comb and there was only one word I missed. spell check had failed me there. anyways. my point was tat people are being more able to detach the value of human to certain groups. mainly because we see them as statistics and not an individual level.

btw what is sentax

11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
(11-12-2012 11:11 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 10:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Is this self-parody?
no.. lol and by the way I combed over this with a fine tooth comb and there was only one word I missed. spell check had failed me there. anyways. my point was tat people are being more able to detach the value of human to certain groups. mainly because we see them as statistics and not an individual level.

btw what is sentax

Point taken.

Yes, group-think and in-group, out-group morality is often still used and has been used often in history to unite, demonise / dehumanise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dislexyia

11-12-2012, 11:25 PM
thank you and you brought me two article.. man you work quick. I said at least a million times faster than me. but what should humanity do about this.

11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
1. Stop making war/ shooting/ torture games and movies.
2. Stop political fear-mongering.
3. Put some education back in the schools.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
12-12-2012, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 06:11 AM by Logica Humano.)
(11-12-2012 11:59 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  1. Stop making war/ shooting/ torture games and movies.
There has been no correlation indicating violent video game's influence on unacceptable behavior, and even evidence to the contrary.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-12-2012, 06:00 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of torture movies, I wish the problem was as simple as video games and movies. Or the solution as easy as not making them.

Also, there is a big difference between shooting (even killing) and torture - in movies, in games and in real life.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
How are baby soldiers trained?
What behaviour is "unacceptable" in what circumstances? In whose judgment is it unacceptable?
Does popular culture have any influence on a people's acceptance or rejection of bahaviours, their perception of other groups, their classification of "in" and "out" and/or their attitude toward the "out"?

I didn't say any of this was as-simple-as; merely suggesting first steps toward a solution.... if lack of compassion in large groups is considered a problem at all.