the key to hear god!, Hes real people!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: the key to hear god!, Hes real people!
(28-08-2012 09:18 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  O taste and see that the LORD is good

Hold up - I have to taste the lord ? WTF ?
Sorry Kev, I ain't tastin no body, let alone some Zombie / Lich

[Image: 6911272612_578abd8fb3_b.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
28-08-2012, 10:45 PM
(28-08-2012 09:22 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:19 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Really Kev? Best you got?

Its not about evidence or proof. im just putting what the word of god says on the table. the word of god will never change, im not going to dig in the scripture when it stands for itself. If you expected a BIG BAM, then follow what i wrote i bet god will meet your expectations. because expectations are a sign of faith, and faith pleases God.

I expect god to destroy him self.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
28-08-2012, 11:13 PM
[quote='Chas' pid='159161' dateline='1346212617']
[quote='bjgodsimage' pid='159160' dateline='1346212541']
but you cant use science to the point where your faith is concern. his thoughts are higher than ours, his ways our higher than ours. when everything is science and reasoning based, and not faith based, it blinds you and limits your mind.
28-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Not sure why, but every time I see this thread title, I hear this ringing through my mind:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-08-2012, 11:19 PM
what are you saying buckball, wats ur point exactly?
28-08-2012, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 11:57 PM by Azaraith.)
(28-08-2012 11:13 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  but you cant use science to the point where your faith is concern. his thoughts are higher than ours, his ways our higher than ours. when everything is science and reasoning based, and not faith based, it blinds you and limits your mind.

Says you. Faith is nothing but belief despite lack of intelligible evidence or a rational argument. His ways are definitely not greater than our ways, as he has (according to your Bible) killed far more people than the most heinous dictator and has permitted or even commanded the vilest of acts (rape, slave ownership, murder, incest). The only way you are able to define his ways as good is by fiat - what God says/does is good because he is God. That makes the meaning of the word "good" completely meaningless - I might as well define good as "being like Michael Scott", it makes no difference.

And if you mean to say he is on some other plane where our minds can't understand him, then you are saying that logic reverses itself once you gain ultimate understanding and bad becomes good and vice versa. It is an extremely lame cop-out, but is a common measure of last resort once theists run out of arguments - rather than say "I don't know" or "I can't answer that" it becomes "God's ways are higher than our ways" and "God works in mysterious ways". You're just hoping that people will settle for that and say "oh well, can't understand shit, so I'll become a theist and worship this abhorrent God anyway".

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
29-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Does anyone else feel like they just stepped into a Life of Brain skit?

(28-08-2012 09:22 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  ... follow what i wrote i bet god will meet your expectations.

I'll take that bet!
(or I would if it was coherent)

What odds are you offering?

What's the prize?

29-08-2012, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 04:13 AM by DLJ.)
(28-08-2012 09:41 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  Thats where Faith comes in, Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen. When you put your Faith out there first, things will seem to be tangible in the spirit.

This cracks me up!

Can someone translate it for me? Thanks

(28-08-2012 09:41 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  things jus start happening because of wour faith in the word

And this ^... I have always wondered which "word". Does anybody know?

29-08-2012, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 07:48 AM by Seasbury.)
(28-08-2012 10:04 PM)coyoteran Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 09:49 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Is there an ignore poster function here? Mods? Not a bad feature to have available....just sayin'

Why yes, yes there is. Simply select the users name from one of his lamebrained posts. It will open his/her profile page. Now look way over to the right. There is a little icon with a shield that says Ignore. Immensely handy little button. Much like a volume control on an iPod when you walk past a street preacher. Telling them to stfu seldom has any effect but tuning them out? Fabulous.

T

Awesome! Thanks! I'm still learning many of the features in the control panel...

Done and done! Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 07:46 AM
If God is real, and His people talk to Him, then why doesn't he ever give them strong arguments to address atheists with? You'd think that the creator of the universe would know what was convincing, and I'm pretty sure quoting scriptures to people who don't believe the bible is not it.

Kevin, if a Muslim quoted you a passage from the Q'uran, would you take it to heart? Or would you treat it in the same way that we've very predictably treated your verses?

If you want to win us over, don't make assertions about what your God can or will do. Give us evidence of His power. Anything less just sounds like a salesman trying to sell us an inferior product, in much the same way that a Muslim boasting about the power of his god sounds to you.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Starcrash's post