the name isis on coke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 03:48 PM
the name isis on coke
I just saw this picture going around on Facebook about coke putting the name Isis on coke.

Now I don't know about everyone else but I look at it like its still a name that woman have and that people are taking thus too far by asking for an apology or to not buy coke til they remove it.

I do understand there are people fighting this group called isis but in my opinion this taking it too far I mean this is the main reason we are fighting in the first place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: the name isis on coke
Never liked coke, but as for ISIS on it I don't see any smart marketing ploy there.
'Things' certainly don't 'go better' with the chopper over your head!Evil_monster
17-06-2015, 04:06 PM
(17-06-2015 03:56 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Never liked coke, but as for ISIS on it I don't see any smart marketing ploy there.
'Things' certainly don't 'go better' with the chopper over your head!Evil_monster
While that is true there still are lots of people with that name. And people take certians things like thus too far and it starts fights.
17-06-2015, 04:20 PM
(17-06-2015 03:48 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I just saw this picture going around on Facebook about coke putting the name Isis on coke.

Now I don't know about everyone else but I look at it like its still a name that woman have and that people are taking thus too far by asking for an apology or to not buy coke til they remove it.

I do understand there are people fighting this group called isis but in my opinion this taking it too far I mean this is the main reason we are fighting in the first place.

Well no, the name Isis on Coke bottles isn't the exact reason there are people fighting ISIS right now... That has more to do with an incredibly unstable region filled with failing states headed by ineffectual leaders and bursting with insurrectionists fuelled by religious zeal being channelled toward the creation of a new Islamic empire.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
17-06-2015, 04:26 PM
(17-06-2015 04:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 03:48 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I just saw this picture going around on Facebook about coke putting the name Isis on coke.

Well no, the name Isis on Coke bottles isn't the exact reason there are people fighting ISIS right now... That has more to do with an incredibly unstable region filled with failing states headed by ineffectual leaders and bursting with insurrectionists fuelled by religious zeal being channelled toward the creation of a new Islamic empire.
That's not what I meant. Sorry I meant that people taking thus too far is why we are fighting.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
17-06-2015, 04:28 PM
People are really fricken stupid.

I guess we should be uppity against it because it's also the name of an Egyptian Godess.. hell Isis doesn't even call themselves Isis, that an acroynm anyway

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-06-2015, 04:33 PM

Long before Isis adapted that name there was a character in Egyptian polytheism, the female queen goddess Isis. If someone was born years or decades ago and was given that name, why take it out on a person with that name who has n connection with the group?

John Lennon has the same first name as serial killer John Wayne Gacy, should we ban the name John because a guy named John was a serial killer?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 04:52 PM
ISIS is not known by that name in the Middle East. Last I checked the Wikipedia article their designation is IS anyway, they lost the Iraq/Syria from ISIS and the Iraq/Levant from ISIL.

Basically people are fucken dumb.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-06-2015, 04:53 PM
It certainly has gotten people talking about Coke hasn't it?
17-06-2015, 05:10 PM
[Image: smiley-eatdrink014.gif]

Problem solved. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post