the origin of the living cell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
the origin of the living cell
I have a question for atheists. Modern science now knows that the living cell is staggeringly and marvellously complex together with the DNA and RNA genetic code that replicates the cell. Microbiologists are only scratching the surface as regards their understanding of the complexity of the cell.

What scientific explanation can atheists offer as to how the cell came into existence and then became a LIVING cell? Because there is a great difference between a dead cell and a living cell. What was the guiding force that caused the cell to come into existence? Any structure, great or small, must have a solid foundation. Atheists must provide scientifically proven evidence that a cell could come into existence without the divine intervention of a Creator. So what evidence exists that this has happened? If they cannot present evidence that the cell came into existence without a designing Creator their atheistic beliefs are without foundation and are born dead, without any basis.[/u]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: the origin of the living cell
(08-06-2013 04:20 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I have a question for atheists. Modern science now knows that the living cell is staggeringly and marvellously complex together with the DNA and RNA genetic code that replicates the cell. Microbiologists are only scratching the surface as regards their understanding of the complexity of the cell.

What scientific explanation can atheists offer as to how the cell came into existence and then became a LIVING cell? Because there is a great difference between a dead cell and a living cell. What was the guiding force that caused the cell to come into existence? Any structure, great or small, must have a solid foundation. Atheists must provide scientifically proven evidence that a cell could come into existence without the divine intervention of a Creator. So what evidence exists that this has happened? If they cannot present evidence that the cell came into existence without a designing Creator their atheistic beliefs are without foundation and are born dead, without any basis.[/u]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

And for the record I don't owe you or anyone anything. If you want to play god of the gaps I am more than happy to let your small (and shrinking) god live there just keep him out of my face and my government.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-06-2013, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 04:41 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Abiogenesis...

Fascinating subject you should look into it.
Drinking Beverage

Forgot to add...

Shoo fly!

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

08-06-2013, 04:38 PM
(08-06-2013 04:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:20 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I have a question for atheists. Modern science now knows that the living cell is staggeringly and marvellously complex together with the DNA and RNA genetic code that replicates the cell. Microbiologists are only scratching the surface as regards their understanding of the complexity of the cell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

And for the record I don't owe you or anyone anything. If you want to play god of the gaps I am more than happy to let your small (and shrinking) god live there just keep him out of my face and my government.

I think we posted ar nearly the same time, I didn't bother with a link. Let him do his own googling. Tongue

You're just too nice.

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 04:45 PM

What about this one.

An alien species surveying planets left some excrement on our planet.

We are all descendants of alien crap.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 4 users Like fstratzero's post
08-06-2013, 04:59 PM
(08-06-2013 04:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

What about this one.

That could be true. It could also have been crap on fragment of a planet that was destroyed long ago.

I had a professor in college tell me once that the whole universe could be just self replicating and each time the results are different. I found that concept to be very interesting.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 05:06 PM
(08-06-2013 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  What about this one.

That could be true. It could also have been crap on fragment of a planet that was destroyed long ago.

I had a professor in college tell me once that the whole universe could be just self replicating and each time the results are different. I found that concept to be very interesting.

Or perhaps a species discovered time travel, traveled to the past and accidentally brought some microbes with them. Which started life on their planet.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
(08-06-2013 05:06 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That could be true. It could also have been crap on fragment of a planet that was destroyed long ago.

Or perhaps a species discovered time travel, traveled to the past and accidentally brought some microbes with them. Which started life on their planet.

Ooooooh...I hate paradoxes. Lol. If at some point the guy doesn't do it again..we're not here...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 05:18 PM
It is a miracle. Yes that is so. Human life started in some mud somewhere. Did some supreme thingy have anything to do with it, there is no evidence of that.
08-06-2013, 05:22 PM
(08-06-2013 05:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 05:06 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Or perhaps a species discovered time travel, traveled to the past and accidentally brought some microbes with them. Which started life on their planet.

Ooooooh...I hate paradoxes. Lol. If at some point the guy doesn't do it again..we're not here...

There is also the fact that bacteria can survive in deep space and reentry if living inside a meteor. A few strikes containing proto-bacteria would be all it takes on a hospitable planet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense