the origin of the living cell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 06:27 AM
RE: the origin of the living cell
(09-06-2013 09:55 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  Richard Dawkins is the High Priest of atheistic evolution and its most vocal advocate.

Guys, he is talking about "atheistic evolution". He appears to want to know how atheists evolved? Consider

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-06-2013, 06:35 AM
(10-06-2013 12:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Firstly, you should be asking this question to scientists
No. Real scientists should not have to deal with twits just to go to work every day.

Touché.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-06-2013, 08:42 AM
(09-06-2013 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 10:00 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  

You are also quite wrong. I thought you were only interested in abiogensis? Now, we've seemed to branch off into evolution.

Firstly, I would like to state I knew about evolution long before I ever knew who Richard Dawkins was. I've yet to read a book he's written. I do not consider him a "high priest" of anything. Although he's more than qualified as an evolutionary biologist to discuss evolution intelligently and efficiently. I find your overall tenor to be quite insulting to presume anyone would. But you do seem to make many assumptions -- as though you have all the answers already and if you do -- why come here at all? I don't join Christian forums and bager people -- telling them how wrong they are. Why would I? They are of little consequence to me.

Also there is plenty of evidence that exists that over the course of millions of years species have evolved. It's a very slow process. We have lots of examples in the fossil record already demonstrating this. I suggest you visit a museum of natural history and talk to people there. They're more than happy (most are delighted) to show you examples.

Edited to add the requisite "Shoo fly"

I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

And as regards the fossil record. The fossil record does NOT support evolution. There are no finely graded transitional fossils that connect the different lifeforms from amphibians to reptiles to birds to mammals. There are no confirmed fossils of "cavemen" that connect apes to mankind. The so called missing link fossils that connect apes to man is pure speculation. That includes homo erectus, austropitecus, "Lucy" and many others. There are many cases of even scientists themselves being accused of dishonesty. A classic example of this is "Piltdown Man" which was a monumental falsification. So not only politicians and religious clergy lie for their own benefit. Sugar coated lies and falsehood can also be propagated in the name of science.
10-06-2013, 08:56 AM
don't change the subject you little troll, talk about cells or don't talk about anything!

typical theist behaviour

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
10-06-2013, 08:57 AM
(10-06-2013 08:42 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You are also quite wrong. I thought you were only interested in abiogensis? Now, we've seemed to branch off into evolution.

Firstly, I would like to state I knew about evolution long before I ever knew who Richard Dawkins was. I've yet to read a book he's written. I do not consider him a "high priest" of anything. Although he's more than qualified as an evolutionary biologist to discuss evolution intelligently and efficiently. I find your overall tenor to be quite insulting to presume anyone would. But you do seem to make many assumptions -- as though you have all the answers already and if you do -- why come here at all? I don't join Christian forums and bager people -- telling them how wrong they are. Why would I? They are of little consequence to me.

Also there is plenty of evidence that exists that over the course of millions of years species have evolved. It's a very slow process. We have lots of examples in the fossil record already demonstrating this. I suggest you visit a museum of natural history and talk to people there. They're more than happy (most are delighted) to show you examples.

Edited to add the requisite "Shoo fly"

I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

And as regards the fossil record. The fossil record does NOT support evolution. There are no finely graded transitional fossils that connect the different lifeforms from amphibians to reptiles to birds to mammals. There are no confirmed fossils of "cavemen" that connect apes to mankind. The so called missing link fossils that connect apes to man is pure speculation. That includes homo erectus, austropitecus, "Lucy" and many others. There are many cases of even scientists themselves being accused of dishonesty. A classic example of this is "Piltdown Man" which was a monumental falsification. So not only politicians and religious clergy lie for their own benefit. Sugar coated lies and falsehood can also be propagated in the name of science.

Google "Tiktaalik roseae".

You are confused about the nature of of logical deduction.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
(10-06-2013 08:42 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

You started this thread about abiogenesis and have now changed the subject to your misunderstanding of evolution and the fossil record. I'm still waiting on your evaluation of the papers that you asked for and I provided. Here is the link to my original post just in case you forgot.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid321609
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-06-2013, 09:01 AM
(10-06-2013 08:42 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

Interesting. So you debunk religion. So, do you believe in the bible?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-06-2013, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 12:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)

I see he knows as little History as he knows his science.
1. First of all, the word is "UNconditionally". The Vatican in no way "unconditionally" supported Hitler. NO historian would agree with that crap. Pius XII could have done more, but he had a line to walk, and in retrospect he maybe didn't do a very good job, but "unconditionally support", is bullshit.. At some point people's grammar and spelling DO indicate a general education level. His refusal to read, view, or comment on ANYTHING speaks volumes.
2. We have asked for evidence of any god, or which one, and he's failed, even while demanding evidence for his nonsense.
3. He calls up "Piltdown" which is totally irrelevant. There are mountains of deceiving believers, one could cite.
4. Evolution is confirmed by DNA, including the genetic bottleneck with "Lucy". IE mitochondrial DNA. (He doesn't know what that means). He's just too ignorant to even discuss the subjects he *flits* about. He's also a 110% hypocrite. If he or his butt-buddy Creationists were in prison, and could get out by using DNA they would. They *do* believe in evolution, they are just too stupid, and uneducated to know why. There are confirmed DNA lines which have found remnants of Neanderthals in Homo sapiens. We don't need "cavemen" fossils. (However there are some, he's just too stupid and has only read "Answers in Genesis" as his ONLY source to actually know any facts).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2013, 09:36 AM
(10-06-2013 09:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I see he knows as little History as he knows his science.
1. First of all, the word is "UNconditionally". The Vatican in no way "unconditionally" supported Hitler. NO historian would agree with that crap. Pius XII could have done more, but he had a line to walk, and in retrospect he maybe didn't do a very good job, but "unconditionally support", is bullshit.. At some point people's grammar and spelling DO indicate a general education level. His refusal to read, view, or comment on ANYTHING speaks volumes.
2. We have asked for evidence of any god, or which one, and he's failed, even while demanding evidence for his nonsense.
3. He calls up "Piltdown" which is totally irrelevant. There are mountains of deceiving believers, one could cite.
4. Evolution is confirmed by DNA, s, including the genetic bottleneck with "Lucy". IE mitochondrial DNA. (He doesn't know what that means). He's just too ignorant to even discuss the subjects he *flits* about. He's also a 110% hypocrite. If he or his butt-buddy Creationists were in prison, and could get out by using DNA they would. They *do* believe in evolution, they are just too stupid, and uneducated to know why. There are confirmed DNA lines which have found remnants of Neanderthals in Homo sapiens. We don't need "cavemen" fossils. (However there are some, he's just too stupid and has only read "Answers in Genesis" as his ONLY source to actually know any facts).

My dear Mr. Buckyball. Hitler's vice-chancellor, Franz Von Papen, mediated a condordat between the Nazis and the Vatican in 1933 regulating relations between Hitler's Germany and the Vatican. The Catholic Church together with the rest of false religion has always prostituted itself before world leaders and taught a pack of lies to the people. Two examples of this are a mystical trinitarian god and eternal torment of the wicked in a burning hell. In that sense, Mr. Buckyball, I also am an atheist: I don't believe in a three-headed monstrosity they call the Holy Trinity. By the way, Neanderthals were actually humans and not a link between primates and modern man. You should know that.
10-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Well done for derailing your own thread. I take it that's an admission that you got nothing Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post