• 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: the origin of the living cell
I sense a Godwin's Law ending near Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 09:57 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(10-06-2013 08:42 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You are also quite wrong. I thought you were only interested in abiogensis? Now, we've seemed to branch off into evolution.

Firstly, I would like to state I knew about evolution long before I ever knew who Richard Dawkins was. I've yet to read a book he's written. I do not consider him a "high priest" of anything. Although he's more than qualified as an evolutionary biologist to discuss evolution intelligently and efficiently. I find your overall tenor to be quite insulting to presume anyone would. But you do seem to make many assumptions -- as though you have all the answers already and if you do -- why come here at all? I don't join Christian forums and bager people -- telling them how wrong they are. Why would I? They are of little consequence to me.

Also there is plenty of evidence that exists that over the course of millions of years species have evolved. It's a very slow process. We have lots of examples in the fossil record already demonstrating this. I suggest you visit a museum of natural history and talk to people there. They're more than happy (most are delighted) to show you examples.

Edited to add the requisite "Shoo fly"

I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

And as regards the fossil record. The fossil record does NOT support evolution. There are no finely graded transitional fossils that connect the different lifeforms from amphibians to reptiles to birds to mammals. There are no confirmed fossils of "cavemen" that connect apes to mankind. The so called missing link fossils that connect apes to man is pure speculation. That includes homo erectus, austropitecus, "Lucy" and many others. There are many cases of even scientists themselves being accused of dishonesty. A classic example of this is "Piltdown Man" which was a monumental falsification. So not only politicians and religious clergy lie for their own benefit. Sugar coated lies and falsehood can also be propagated in the name of science.

So you're of the "us and them" mindset. How nicely divisive of you. I guess we don't have enough room in the world for all types of people. Everyone simply must believe the same thing just as you do.

There isn't such a thing as a "missing link" you're showing your vast ignorance in even writing ti. The truth is (and I don't expect you to believe the truth since it's so contrary to your religious beliefs.)

As far as the man to ape connection, it's been well established -- we have almost too many examples of it. To be completely honest we are still in transition. Who knows what we'll look like 50 million years from now. Evolution is never finished but thankfully for us, it's also a painfully slow process completed in baby steps.

Everything on this planet will continue to evolve. You also can't compare how the planet was to how it is today.

Shoo lfy! Your bringing nothing revolutionary to this discussion.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-06-2013, 09:58 AM
(10-06-2013 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 08:42 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I would like to make a comment on religion in general. Most religion, not all, is nothing more than a lying , bloodthirsty harlot that has prostituted itself before kings and governments for thousands of years. A classic example of this was when the Catholic Church inconditionally supported Hitler in his reign of terror. Religion has shed the blood of millions in their crusades, inquisitions and "holy" wars. The God and Creator of the universe has nothing to do with religion that has corrupted mankind. The time is fast approaching when false religion will answer to God for its many perversions.

And as regards the fossil record. The fossil record does NOT support evolution. There are no finely graded transitional fossils that connect the different lifeforms from amphibians to reptiles to birds to mammals. There are no confirmed fossils of "cavemen" that connect apes to mankind. The so called missing link fossils that connect apes to man is pure speculation. That includes homo erectus, austropitecus, "Lucy" and many others. There are many cases of even scientists themselves being accused of dishonesty. A classic example of this is "Piltdown Man" which was a monumental falsification. So not only politicians and religious clergy lie for their own benefit. Sugar coated lies and falsehood can also be propagated in the name of science.

So you're of the "us and them" mindset. How nicely divisive of you. I guess we don't have enough room in the world for all types of people. Everyone simply must believe the same thing just as you do.

There isn't such a thing as a "missing link" you're show your vast ignorance in even writing ti. The truth is (and I don't expect you to believe the truth since it's so contrary to your religious beliefs.)

As far as the man to ape connection, it's been well established -- we have almost too many examples of it. To be completely honest we are still in transition. Who knows what we'll look like 50 million years from now. Evolution is never finished but thankfully for us, it's also a painfully slow process completed in baby steps.

Everything on this planet will continue to evolve. You also can't compare how the planet was to how it is today.

I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.
10-06-2013, 10:02 AM
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're of the "us and them" mindset. How nicely divisive of you. I guess we don't have enough room in the world for all types of people. Everyone simply must believe the same thing just as you do.

There isn't such a thing as a "missing link" you're show your vast ignorance in even writing ti. The truth is (and I don't expect you to believe the truth since it's so contrary to your religious beliefs.)

I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.

Go google it. Why should we bother bringing you any information when you refuse to even look.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-06-2013, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 10:07 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.

Why should anyone post fossil/genetics evidence on an abiogenesis thread? You are just going to ignore it like you did the papers I posted earlier.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
10-06-2013, 10:12 AM
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're of the "us and them" mindset. How nicely divisive of you. I guess we don't have enough room in the world for all types of people. Everyone simply must believe the same thing just as you do.

How about 98%+ common DNA between humans and chimpanzees?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 10:12 AM
(10-06-2013 10:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.

Go google it. Why should we bother bringing you any information when you refuse to even look.

You mean the atheist evolutionists are not able to defend their own convictions on the non-existence of God? Do I really have to google it? Why don't you convince me with scientific evidence of atheistic evolution? Let's start with the fossil record.
Prove to me from the fossil record that evolution took place in the ancient past and is an ongoing process in this 21st century.
10-06-2013, 10:20 AM
(10-06-2013 10:12 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 10:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Go google it. Why should we bother bringing you any information when you refuse to even look.

You mean the atheist evolutionists are not able to defend their own convictions on the non-existence of God? Do I really have to google it? Why don't you convince me with scientific evidence of atheistic evolution? Let's start with the fossil record.
Prove to me from the fossil record that evolution took place in the ancient past and is an ongoing process in this 21st century.

Why are you theists so angry with the universe? What about believing in God makes you so hostile? It's yet another thing they project onto Atheists. You'd think if they really believed it would make them happy, yet they are always spewing hate and vitriol at anyone they meet that doesn't line up with them 100%.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-06-2013, 10:24 AM
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.Laughat

Oh goodness....You are rather thick. I've already explained that I won't do your homework for you. If I did that you'll never learn anything. No

If you truly wish to learn, and expand your mind. I would suggest you read more than the pathetic layman 'AIG' and delve in headier works...that are actually supported by scientists. Google is a fantastic place to begin. There you can find countless studies and books written on the subject.

Wikipedia is an alright beginning, you can click on citations listed and read the information cited. You can even delve deeper and read the bios -- about the people who wrote the articles cited and decide if you believe they're worthy. Thinking for yourself can be wonderful!!! And don't just read ONE article read many...The more the better.

And you can even download Darwin's Origin of the Species for FREE to your Kindle device. Can you imagine that you can read Darwin's real words -- not just some watered down version written by someone else telling you what to think -- but Darwin's actual words.

I'll admit he's a bit verbose in places --- but that was also the time.

Now, when you're finished assembling all your information we might be ready to have a real discussion.

But right now, you're simply not ready for that. I'm quite convinced you didn't know the term abiogenesis existed before coming here (Otherwise you would have included it in your original post). I think also evolution by natural selection was also a new term for you...

Your already learning new and exciting things. Please don't stop.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-06-2013, 10:31 AM
(10-06-2013 10:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.Laughat

Oh goodness....You are rather thick. I've already explained that I won't do your homework for you. If I did that you'll never learn anything. No

If you truly wish to learn, and expand your mind. I would suggest you read more than the pathetic layman 'AIG' and delve in headier works...that are actually supported by scientists. Google is a fantastic place to begin. There you can find countless studies and books written on the subject.

Wikipedia is an alright beginning, you can click on citations listed and read the information cited. You can even delve deeper and read the bios -- about the people who wrote the articles cited and decide if you believe they're worthy. Thinking for yourself can be wonderful!!! And don't just read ONE article read many...The more the better.

And you can even download Darwin's Origin of the Species for FREE to your Kindle device. Can you imagine that you can read Darwin's real words -- not just some watered down version written by someone else telling you what to think -- but Darwin's actual words.

I'll admit he's a bit verbose in places --- but that was also the time.

Now, when you're finished assembling all your information we might be ready to have a real discussion.

But right now, you're simply not ready for that. I'm quite convinced you didn't know the term abiogenesis existed before coming here (Otherwise you would have included it in your original post). I think also evolution by natural selection was also a new term for you...

Your already learning new and exciting things. Please don't stop.

Shoo fly!

Yes, I've known for years that ABIOGENESIS means life came from non-life which is an unproved hypothesis. If it (abiogenesis) truly is a proven science why don't we see it happening today?